Religion on ID card or passport in Thailand ? is it an obligation ? How a muslim can hide the supposed religion of his kids ?

thcosh

hello, as I remember religion is written on ID card in Thailand, and maybe on passport ?

I have a (good) Muslim friend who is born in a country where you have no choice but be a Muslim.

But now in Thailand, he is not anymore, has no interest, and doesn't want his future kids to be known as Muslim.

Does he have the choice ? Can you hide or lie on your kids documents ?

Serious question, the guy is even trying to find a country where his Thai wife could give birth to avoid being considered as a Muslim, do you have any idea ? I guess most of the civilized world ?

Please give me some replies and ideas ! Thank you !

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

So much for tolerance of other religions - country should be banned from world integration until it comes into the latest century

Don't worry  all religions and cults will go the same way as the dinosaurs just a matter of time and thinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

I think that's a tad optimistic.  Islam has been around for 14 centuries and shows no sign of going away.  Other religions have been around longer.

Maybe the main man will make an appearance and sort it all out :cheesy:

On 11/23/2020 at 7:20 AM, quake said:

Don't worry  all religions and cults will go the same way as the dinosaurs just a matter of time and thinking.

Not likely.

All humans fear death and experience the fragility and fickleness of life. Some people are willing  to suspend their disbelief for a chance at life after death and some greater power to watch over them in life. It's called 'faith'.

In their deepest heart many of them  know it's nonsense but by banding together into groups they reinforce each other's faith/gullibility. 

That's all fine, but they can't leave it at that. Too many of them insist on dragging others into their particular brand of delusion. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Get her a Star of David, just in case

Good idea, Well there is a Russian Orthodox church in the village where to the best of my knowledge no Russians live, so might send her along there to collect more bling, it is only 5 min walk away.

• Haha 1

When doing the Farang Pink ID card they asked and I said none.  I don't think they have a "none" option in the computer because what I got was "unspecified"

What I have heard is they only have a choice of about 4 major religions.

Edited by YT3k72Em