Getting our 4 month old Thai child an American Passport

Hello, 

Ive been reading through this:

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/

And trying to workout what I need to do to get our daughter an American Passport. Everything seems standard until I get to this part:

In the event the child has one U.S. citizen parent and one foreign national parent, proof of the U.S. citizen parent’s physical presence (i.e. the number of days the U.S. citizen parent was demonstrably in the United States) is required. In such cases, the U.S. citizen parent will need to show five years of cumulative physical presence in the U.S., two of which must have been after the age of 14. Examples of items that show physical presence are entry/exit stamps in current and previous passports, school/college transcripts, income tax returns with W-2’s, social security earnings history, pay stubs, military/government orders, etc. Applicants are encouraged to provide as much evidence as possible.

Can anyone who's been through this process at the BKK Embassy shed some light on this part? What did you actually end up sending them to satisfy this requirement? 

I haven't lived in the states enough in the last 15 years to be able to use my recent tax returns, and my employer is foreign. I have my high school transcripts but thats only 4 years. 

Really interested to see what people have shown to satisfy this requirement. I dont even know if its possible to get 15-20 year old tax returns (WITH W-2'S!!!) or school transcripts from way back in elementary school. 

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. 

I did my daughter's like 7 yrs ago and I don't remember this being an issue. I used an agent to help me gather all needed paperwork.

What I do remember is I had just renewed my passport and didn't reflect being in Thailand at time of conception so I had to go to immigration and get a printout of my time in Thailand.

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

I did this many years ago and didn't need any of this, it must be something new. Back then I think you were able to get the child on your passport as well, to they got to a certain age.

I did it 23 years ago and it was in effect then. I am an American born and raised the first 12 years of my life in Saudi Arabia. I then moved to California and lived there for 22 years before moving here. I had to show high school and university transcripts. Once those were shown it was a breeze.  

They just need to see proof that you were in Thailand around the time of conceiving.  Just be prepared that they will interview you and the mother in person.  For the proof, they will really accept anything as long as they generally believe you.  Photos also can use.  Copy of your diploma.  College transcript etc

Archived