Fix the fridge?

cooked

Our fridge is only 3 years old and wasn't particularly cheap.  I checked the thermostats, visually OK.

The problem is that although the freezer compartment is working, the cooler isn't cooling at all. (At present we transfer bottles of frozen water from the freezer to the cooler regularly).

Is it worthwhile getting this fixed, what kind of problem is this likely to be? I certainly can't afford a replacement this side of Christmas.

Thanks.

Had an electronic expansion valve issue on my Samsung freezer/refrigerator. Got it fixed for 400 Baht and a six month warranty from the shop owner on that specific job and parts replaced.

Get a quote before lining up to buy a new one, most parts seem not that expensive.

6 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Unfortunately the local fixit guy probably can't be bothered to come to you so you will be stuck finding transport to/from the shop.  Like another poster said, it's probably just a fan or something not very expensive.  

Actually have found shops will visit and if unable to fix onsite take back to shop to do so/test overnight and return here in Bangkok.  Replaced compressor on 19CF Samsung that was 17 years old in March - cost was 7k but working better than new so well worth it.   Original cost was 43k.  

• Like 1

IMO the most likely culprit is the thermostat.

I have a Samsung f/f 16 years old that stopped working last year. If I recall correctly, it cost about 200 baht for a new thermostat, which I replaced myself.

Worth buying one just to see if it fixes the problem.

Plenty of you tube videos to give instructions but, basically, it's just an unplug/plug-in job.

In Buriram, the authorized warranty repair station for dozens of brands is YJ Electric. They DO come to your home to look at a fridge problem. I believe the OP should contact the manufacturer and see what repair facility is authorized for his city. Even the mainstream Chinese brands signs agreements with repair service centers in Thailand. Even Beko from Turkey has agreements with repair facilities. Samsung and LG generally have their own dedicated service centers. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...