Source for 5V, 9V power adapters

gamb00ler

Moving from US to CM, a number of my devices need 220V compatible power converters.  I checked out Amorn @ BigC Extra close to Central Festival and they have limited selection but none of the exact specifications I need.

I need two 9V, 1A with 5.5mm x 2.5mm plug.  Those should be easy.  But I also need a 5V 2A with 3.8mm x 1.35mm plug according to retailer's online chat support.  I checked Lazada and only found adapters with 3.5mm x 1.35mm.  Maybe those will work.

I would rather test the adapters in person than purchase online.  Can anyone suggest a CM store that carries a good selection of power adapters?

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Previously we had a condo in Bangkok for our son to live in and for us to use during our annual visits.  I had no trouble finding appropriate 220V converters for whatever devices we brought here.  Based on that experience I donated my 110V only converters to a charity electronics recycling/repurposing center before I left the US.

If you need to modify a 5.5mm to 3.5mm - https://shopee.co.th/product/141607983/2789835731 or https://shopee.co.th/%E2%9D%A4ADA%E2%9D%A4-%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B0%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%9B%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%8C-Output-Power-Cord-DC-Male-Plug-Cable-2.5-x-0.7-3.5-x-1.7-5.4-x-1.7-5-TO-i.141607983.6313640571

Edited by NotEinstein
Logic

21 minutes ago, NotEinstein said:

According to the retailer's support department I actually need a 3.8mm x 1.35mm plug.  The 3.5mm seems to be much more common and I'm hoping I can make one of those work.  I have yet to see a 3.8mm adapter advertised.

I tried to order from Lazada but I remain powerless.  The online chat support gave me the wrong plug specifications for the 5V adapter (3.8mm X 1.35mm) and the 9V adapters from Lazada have the correct plug diameters and voltage but the plugs are too short to make a connection.

I'm still hoping for a CM store recommendation.

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

What about the companies that make the products that use the adaptors,  do they have a 220v version?

I just thought of that last evening.  I found that Panasonic has service centers in CM and I will call them today.  I don't hold out much hope as the cordless phone is 12+ years old.  The other manufacturer has no representation in Thailand. 

Edited by gamb00ler

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I am surprised no one has mention Amorn Electronics. They have two retail outlets on Chiang Mai. 

I am not surprised that you failed to see that the OP states that he checked Amorn in his original post.  Hope you get better soon.

Something like this should work I imagine

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/acdc-3456759123a730-wt-i1721898185-s4913646851.html

This is a more reliable source I guess, but similar should be available somewhere in your area.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/3v-45v-5v-6v-9v-12v6-intl-i1747674583-s5043162661.html

Edited by Susco

Thank you Susco.

I am aware of those but I am hoping to find some adapters locally because the online sites rarely list EVERY dimension of the plugs.  In my case it seems I need a longer than usual plug on the two 5V adapters.  Also the links you provided are outside of Thailand and the shipping delay can be substantial for those items.

Final solution may be to open up the devices and hard wire a connection between them and the power supplies.

Edited by gamb00ler