Topping up to the amount above THB 800000 for RENEWAL of Retirement visa extension of stay

Topping up to the amount above THB 800000 for RENEWAL of Retirement visa extension of stay

Normally we all top up 2 months prior to the renewal date, update our bank books and get the bank letter for immigration. 

Either  probably shows the funds came in from outside Thailand...

New Issue: There seems to be information that we need a FET form proving the income came in from outside Thailand.

Issues are:

1/ Some of these new companies have systems that at times will not show the funds came from outside of Thailand

2/ The requirement of the sum must be above THB 50000 before this FET for will be issued.

All this was not such a big deal in the past when you could leave and return, but now, do you want to risk that?

We hope this is not the case and ask all who know anything to provide input please.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement to prove the funds came from abroad for a extension of stay application.

The only time that is required is when applying for a 90 day non-o visa entry at immigration.

Thanks guys for the quick reply and in fact for all your valued input over time, I am sure we are all most grateful.

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

For subsequent extensions based on retirement the money does not need to be shown to come from O/S

Thanks guys for the quick reply and in fact for all your valued input over time, I am sure we are all most grateful.

2 minutes ago, Seeall said:

OP, bit off topic, but be aware that if you ever change to "income method" for your extensions, the monthly deposits must be shown to come from overseas.

41 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, bit off topic, but be aware that if you ever change to "income method" for your extensions, the monthly deposits must be shown to come from overseas.

If your monthly income comes from inside Thailand you would probably be on a business/work visa. Unless you are a landlord with multiple properties or invested in the Thai stock exchange, not many retirees would have a Thai income.

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

If your monthly income comes from inside Thailand you would probably be on a work visa. Unless you are a landlord with multiple properties or invested in the Thai stock exchange, not many retirees would have a Thai income.

?...I'm referring to the codes in your Bankbook for the monthly deposits of 65k+ if the OP wished to use "income method" in the future.

Correct codes to show that the money is coming from o/s.

On 11/23/2020 at 9:28 AM, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement to prove the funds came from abroad for a extension of stay application.

Why then are guys getting refused because their bank deposit does not say FTT every time they transfer please?

Or are you just referring to the lump sum method?

25 minutes ago, Tyler Visan said:

Or are you just referring to the lump sum method?

i replying to the OP  and was referring to the 800k baht in the bank option.

Proof the transfers came from abroad is only needed when using the income option.

On 11/23/2020 at 10:30 AM, DrJack54 said:

?...I'm referring to the codes in your Bankbook for the monthly deposits of 65k+ if the OP wished to use "income method" in the future.

Correct codes to show that the money is coming from o/s.

But if you use some of these new companies as they can deposit from a thai bank then theres problems.. and you dont want any risk now with C19

3 minutes ago, Seeall said:

But if you use some of these new companies as they can deposit from a thai bank then theres problems.. and you dont want any risk now with C19

There is not problems using companies such as Transferwise, OFX etc. 

You just need to know how to set up the transfer. Discussed in many threads all the required info has been well covered.

Archived