Thailand to allow people to grow cannabis at home - pilot project begins in January

webfact

4 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

... true dat, true dat, absolutely ...

It's even written somewhere in the bible, wasn't it on one of those stone tablets that Moses character brought down from the mount ... bet he would have been happier with a couple folded papyrus pages too, 555 ... 

..does this mean there will be less road rage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tyler Visan said:

Will that local clinic have the equipment and know-how as to extraction, purification, packaging and storage of said cannabis?

Definitely not. Just sell it with a couple of packs of Rizlas!

The answer to your question lies in the second last paragraph of the article.

41 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Can only be grown outside(with no lights) so  Cancer patients will be getting low-grade Thai Bush Weed grown my Mum and pop. Instead of higher grade star dog or lemon kush  grown by experts in A greenhouse with  Hydroponics and lights and filters not that I know about these things.

Patients will be getting medicines developed from strains that have been under development in certain universities for a number of years. It is clear that you do not "know about these things"

• Like 1

I really gotta read this whole article in a few but the flower hash has been A HECK OF A LOT more plentiful lately and it’s cheaper to buy an ounce than the oil because it lasts me longer. It’s replaced all my medications and I’m a 100% disabled veteran. Much healthier because of it. This is probably why it’s been more available lately from my supplier because they are finally starting to totally decriminalizing it. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Can only be grown outside(with no lights) so  Cancer patients will be getting low-grade Thai Bush Weed grown my Mum and pop. Instead of higher grade star dog or lemon kush  grown by experts in A greenhouse with  Hydroponics and lights and filters not that I know about these things.

You're right, I completely forgot about that. Unless they use autoflowering strains, which are not really the choice of commercial growers for several reasons. They might growing some hemp and claim it is cannabis but once you test it in the lab the truth comes out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CLW said:

You're right, I completely forgot about that. Unless they use autoflowering strains, which are not really the choice of commercial growers for several reasons. They might growing some hemp and claim it is cannabis but once you test it in the lab the truth comes out

They already have people growing it professionally legally for that and it’s available to everyone. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyler Visan said:

Will that local clinic have the equipment and know-how as to extraction, purification, packaging and storage of said cannabis?

Definitely not. Just sell it with a couple of packs of Rizlas!

For a basic medication you could just soak it with alcohol and even use that concoction. Boil it in a rice cooker and you have Rick Simpson Oil which is very popular here. But this is far from any standardized and tested medication in a western sense.

Why not send the dried material to a central factory and then distribute the medicine back to each hospital?

Apart from that I am a big fan of vaporising because smoking has some bad side effects.

Anyone selling Volcanos or Mightys here?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KirkStephan said:

They already have people growing it professionally legally for that and it’s available to everyone. 

But the news article and this discussion is about the average village farmer.

I doubt they have money and knowledge to set up a decent grow for six plants

27 minutes ago, CLW said:

Plants developed to yield what is required for processing into medicine have been under development for a number of years. If they are grown under the conditions prescribed then they already know what will know what they will be able to extract. The plants will be supplied and the number per person will be restricted and growing strictly controlled and monitored. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, CLW said:

But the news article and this discussion is about the average village farmer.

I doubt they have money and knowledge to set up a decent grow for six plants

Cooperatives and collectives will be formed, financed through micro-financing already in place in villages. That is the way forward. 

• Like 2

Here is a photo of a facility near to my home. Poly-tunnels surrounded by a high wire fence topped with barbed wire indicates that something will be grown here that requires security. The shade netting provides rudimentary privacy. I only saw this after the cassava in the field was harvested. Clearly this had been set up to grow more than six plants, if cannabis is what this is for. I should point out also that the main farm for the Thai Cannabis Corporation is 7 km from here. whatisthis2.thumb.jpg.16cb903556565958b0d5c805de044817.jpg

• Like 2

This will definitely help lower the amount of traffic accidents.

Before smoking...   8000 people die per day

After high as a kite.....  80000 people will die per day

lower, right? oh wait....zeros......man i can't count i'm sooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaked

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dionigi said:

I hope when others are allowed to grow for pharmacies they will allow testing for quality before handing it over

There will be strict control. The plants will be supplied from strains developed to produce the required yields. Nobody will be allowed to grow from birdseed!

8 hours ago, webfact said:

pilot project begins in January

Well I never - a pilot project! Cannabis has been grown for many years among the mountains of Northern Thailand. Not my scene, but It was always readily available in the local village as a cash crop where I lived.  

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand to allow people to grow cannabis at home - pilot project begins in January

They should be looking into growing Cannabis for Medicinal  purpose and Non THC Marijuana for  Clothing/Ropes/Building materials and many more uses.

This could help a lot of farmers for a  better income than what they get now from the oversupply  of the rubber.

• Like 1

Simple, first Thailand was/is in opium. Why not start now with cannabis after (long?) studying how much profit.

Of course they will register any one growing cannabis and track it.

They will buy the cannabis cheap and then it goes to factory to produce the oil and otherwise products.

Of course government and or rich Thai investors will have all the profits. Of course not the growers.

Of course they need large amounts of it to process every day and so now activating farmers and others to grow cannabis

Rubber, rice? They went down. So try something "new". 

What about kratom, that one already started? Putting the trees back in Thailand?

They already missed that opportunity, as many countries sell kratom, even (muslim)  Indonesia.

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Sticks were a big part of the Thai economy & world reputation, long before mass tourism. Time to get back to basics. Even if some if the big vultures get the lion's share.

Can't wait to grow my own sticks I still have fond memories of them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pesche said:

IMHO, I think this is a wise step.

Not only it will/can boost economy for the farmer but, I am quite convinced, it might reduce the consumption of the terrible "Ya Baa" and methamphetamines which are spreading and ravaging the young generations.

Switzerland decriminalized Cannabis, Marihuana more than 30 years ago... Within 3 years the decrease of "hard drugs" was already remarkable!

It is a good step, however, as informed in the Bulletin, it needs a proper regulation.

Way to go Thailand.

Cannabis is a proven beneficial drug for many illnesses (Cancer, Alzheimer, Tourette Syndrom, Parkisons, Autism, Katarakt and many more)  and is also much less dangerous then alcohol consumption.

its proven to turn grown ups into infantiles

11 hours ago, MisterTee said:

Keep going Anutin, you've been promoting this for the past several years with some real progress being made already.

Don't let the special interests dominate what could be a very good thing for small farmers.

It will be very interesting to see which "special families" are allowed to grow it, and what percentage of the Thai population will never be considered a "special family?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1