Thailand to allow people to grow cannabis at home - pilot project begins in January

webfact

On 11/23/2020 at 6:21 PM, sjbrownderby said:

There will be strict control. The plants will be supplied from strains developed to produce the required yields. Nobody will be allowed to grow from birdseed!

The yield only comes from strict controls of the growing conditions and the sex of the plant.

On 11/24/2020 at 7:05 AM, thaigirlwatcher said:

We have a well developed and well run medical MJ program in the state of Pennsylvania in America. All samples are certified by labs for quality and lack of pesticide residues. Grown and sold by private companies with monitoring by the State. Thailand could do worse than look at our excellent solution to MJ grown, regulation and distribution. 

All the song and dance about how this will benefit average Thais will eventually boil down to MJ only being grown by certified private companies (but call them "villagers") and sold to a monopoly to create products for export and some some products allowed to be sold in small amounts under extremely rigid regulations.

All this benefits a small proportion of wealthy Thai corporations. Thailand with a jail population of 80% drug related with continue to destroy the lives of those citizens who simply would like to feel a little better between the grind of work and trying to eek out a living on third-world wages.  But the little people will never be allow to use any medical cannabis product that isn't processed by an elect few.

As far as that promise that Thais will be able to raise a few medicinal plants of their own.  Never happen.  Only jail.  If you used medicinal plants for medicinal purposes - well, hospitals would make less money.  People may actually suffer less.
Can't have that now can we.  Elites need their serfs to suffer.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 3:54 PM, RocketDog said:

No correlation actually. The police associations in America tried to prove your point with endless driving tests in multiple states when recreational pot was first proposed. They failed miserably. That's exactly why many police in America now make minimal efforts at pot enforcement even in states where use is still illegal. They understand that ship has sailed.

Interestingly enough, the test subjects thought they had performed badly, but they didn't. Many of the state troopers administering the tests simply refused to believe the results even as they witnessed it. Same mental impairment regarding reality that many Republicans are currently experiencing. 

Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of people are dying in the heartland conservative stronghold states from prescription drug overdoses. No doubt countless traffic deaths can also be attributed to the same. 

That said, combining alcohol, various pills, and lack of sleep with pot is a bad idea if all you want to do is walk across the room or scratch your nose. 

It's been my experience that people who persist in repeating the stoned driver mythology are generally simply ignorant of the actual pharmacological effects of ganga. The truth is that most pot smokers avoid driving when stoned. 

Are we talking Thailand mentality or your homeland mentality? There's no comparison between the two. If you are correct, then at the end of 2021 the road carnage should remain the same as most years 20-25 thousand road deaths.

2 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Are we talking Thailand mentality or your homeland mentality? There's no comparison between the two. If you are correct, then at the end of 2021 the road carnage should remain the same as most years 20-25 thousand road deaths.

Not sure about the mentality issue. Americans are prone to mass perception issues leading to poor judgment, leading to poor outcomes; witness the last four years.

I guess my point was that being stoned had little effect on driver performance, good or bad. I would argue that not driving when stoned, which is what most users prefer, probably significantly decreases road deaths. Everybody that's at home stoned is not on the road.

That said, it's not clear to me that inebriates have much effect on drivers here; they seem to do very poorly regardless. You may have a point though in most people in America actually do wish to avoid killing or dying. I'm convinced that most people here don't care neither way.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 12:45 AM, sjbrownderby said:

There is no chance this will happen. Too much time and money has already been invested, by both the government and the private sector.

They will have to pry the hands of the military and the police off of this lucrative source of income.

I am rooting for you to be right though

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 3:45 PM, sjbrownderby said:

There is no chance this will happen. Too much time and money has already been invested, by both the government and the private sector.

Clearly, this countr,y will be really great soon !

I hope that they will also legalize X, I miss having some !!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, samtab said:

Clearly, this countr,y will be really great soon !

I hope that they will also legalize X, I miss having some !!!

Haven't smoked it since the early 80s don't miss it and if they legalize it today still wouldn't but to each his own