Missing woman reunited with mother in Pattaya

webfact

Missing woman reunited with mother in Pattaya

3pm.jpg

Siam Chon News reported on the reuniting of a Thai mother from Chaiyaphum with her daughter who had run away to Pattaya.

Chanapha, 50, appealed for help and went to the Muang Pattaya police to file a report last week.

On Saturday the na Jomtien police found Thewika, 24, living with a man in the projects in Jomtien. 

She was soon reunited with her mother and seven month only daughter. Though unwilling to part from the man, the police used a "trick" to separate the couple and let Thewika go back to her hometown, reported the media.

The man at the center of the case is being tested for drugs. 

Chanapha said she was just glad to see her daughter again and would be going to the Pattaya police to withdraw allegations. 

She would also take her daughter home for treatment as she couldn't remember who she was. 

Siam Chon reporters described Thewika as being in a confused state.

She said she had come to Pattaya and gone to work in a small bar then later in a big one. 

She had got drunk and left the bar where she met a man who took her home. After that she could't find her way back and couldn't even remember who her mother was. 

Source: Siam Chon News

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, webfact said:
The man at the center of the case is being tested for drugs. 

Why ??? The man's nationality is not mentioned and probably he is not a foreigner. 

She would also take her daughter home for treatment as she couldn't remember who she was. 

Mentally unstable ??

She said she had come to Pattaya and gone to work in a small bar then later in a big one. 

She had got drunk and left the bar where she met a man who took her home. After that she could't find her way back and couldn't even remember who her mother was. 

So she was a staff in a bar and she left with a man. The girl may have mental issues probably due to a bad break up or may be the mental disorder caused her baby daddy to flee. 

A lot of mental disorders are treatable. Hope doctors help us becoming a normal person. She has a 7months kid. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

The girl is not the only one confused,I am too, 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

the police used a "trick" to separate the couple and let Thewika go back to her hometown, reported the media.

She is 24 years  old , she should be able t make her own mind up, expect she will soon be heading for Pattaya again.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Seems she has a mental problem or taken too many drugs., 

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How did the police find her?

I think it's amazing what the Thai police can do if they want to.

Chonburi is now the most dangerous place in Thailand for road deaths.  Obviously the local BIB must be the least efficient, useless force in the country.

5 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Chonburi is now the most dangerous place in Thailand for road deaths.  Obviously the local BIB must be the least efficient, useless force in the country.

The police in Soi 9 are responsible for road accidents.... ?

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The police in Soi 9 are responsible for road accidents.... ?

By inadequate policing; by conspicuous absence at weekends; by failure to look out of the windows of two cop-shops on Sukhumvit to notice five red-light runners at every change.  They are not proactive or serious about road accidents.  They are all on inactive posts!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Sounds a bit more than just mental issues?

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Chanapha said she was just glad to see her daughter again and would be going to the Pattaya police to withdraw allegations. 

Allegations of WHAT ? Drug addiction ? Just tried to read the source story now i have a headache becoz of the awful translation.

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2020 at 6:28 PM, CanadaSam said:

The guy is a drug dealer who got her hooked from day one and constantly high, therefore she appeared "confused".

He was tested for drugs because police suspect the above.

Watson, next case!

I missed reading the part about the man being a drug dealer. What is your source of info?

On 11/23/2020 at 8:50 AM, worgeordie said:

She is 24 years  old , she should be able t make her own mind up, expect she will soon be heading for Pattaya again.

regards Worgeordie

Don't be too quick to apportion blame to the girl. Ketamine is a rape drug used by many perpetrators it causes memory loss and disorientation it is dropped the drink of the victim. The woman becomes easily suggestable and is led away. It is possible that this man had been giving her repeated doses to keep her malleable which would cause all the reported symptoms. One of the reasons why many young people in the UK drink directly from bottles and keep their thumbs over the top to prevent rape drugs being dropped in to it

Edited by RobU
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 3:50 PM, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Or possibly she was given too many drugs by the man she was found with.

• Like 1

There would seem to be some  relevant details  missing in the overall events that leaves the readers confused.

If  nothing else then I am pleased to learn that the  young woman was, at least for the  moment< retrieved from a situation apparently  negative to her longer term well being.

I am also left  wondering when people will  get over the assumption that  every  RTP member has  identical duties or is that because they wear similar uniform that they are expected  to?

24 minutes ago, RobU said:

Don't be too quick to apportion blame to the girl. Ketamine is a rape drug used by many perpetrators it causes memory loss and disorientation it is dropped the drink of the victim. The woman becomes easily suggestable and is led away. It is possible that this man had been giving her repeated doses to keep her malleable which would cause all the reported symptoms. One of the reasons why many young people in the UK drink directly from bottles and keep their thumbs over the top to prevent rape drugs being dropped in to it

Sad  but true !

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 2:03 PM, scorecard said:

"Why ??? The man's nationality is not mentioned and probably he is not a foreigner."

What reason do you have to state that?

because if he were,  they would have blamed the foreigner for kidnapping the girl. He  was local so no charges were pressed. That's what I think.

Wow. That classic, clean, simple Issan beauty. Fresh from the farm. Such a shame.

The BKK ladies you see in Siam Paragon in the fancy restaurants, with their bleached skin, nose jobs, other various modifications, think they’re absolute goddesses. But I’d take this one over any of them anytime.

Oh yeah, of course this wasn’t a foreigner. We would’ve known his name, nationality, and seen him in front of a fancy poster detailing the whole operation, surrounded by giddy cops, long before now.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 4:24 PM, AhFarangJa said:

So she remembers that she went to Pattaya, that she worked in a small bar, then a big bar. She remembers getting drunk, she remembers a man, yet does not remember who her Mother was, nor how to get home. I appreciate mental disorders can be complex, but something is not right with this story. 

All praise to the Mother who took the time and effort to track her Daughter and help her.

My thoughts are with the child, who is going to need some luck in the future I think.

The old Thai concept of losing face. She had to lie and pretend she does not remember her mother. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1