Solar set up for fridge/freezer

47 minutes ago, taninthai said:

So this battery set give more power...but high price.

80ah 24v......could spend this amount but I would then be trying to find cheaper charger/controller for around 5000 bht to try and stay in budget

20830A8F-9EA3-41D2-84D2-FEC2AC5577A8.thumb.png.80e9c4831eb1b1f27f960850bd944569.png

Apologies , your strategy appears to be one of buy the solar equipment and hope it will run the electric appliances.

I understand that you are working to a budget. 

My recommendation remains the same .

Work out your power requirements and then price a system to meet the demand needed.

If not within  budget you will be in a much better position to decide if any piece of electrical appliance can be excluded from the system.

Edited by cleopatra2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Apologies , your strategy appears to be one of buy the solar equipment and hope it will run the electric appliances.

I understand that you are working to a budget. 

My recommendation remains the same .

Work out your power requirements and then price a system to meet the demand needed.

If not within  budget you will be in a much better position to decide if any piece of electrical appliance can be excluded from the system.

That’s definitely not my strategy that’s why I started this thread.Which is why I’m looking for more battery power as you say 100Ah is on the limit.

i will try to work this out

fridge

130w x10 hour. 1.3 kwh

fanx2

80wx8 hour.      640w

blender

400w x1hour.    400w

stereo

45w x8hour.      360w

total.                   2.7kw

is that right where do I go from here

40 minutes ago, taninthai said:

is that right where do I go from here

Select your battery. You probably want to store about your daily usage (although a lot of the use will be during daylight as I see no lighting ) in order to bridge those dull days.

2.7kWh @ 24V = 112Ahr  look at 140Ahr so you don't go below 80% discharge (assuming LiFePO batteries like you show above).

A 300W panel will generate about 1kWh per day so 4 panels with an MPPT charge controller.

1200W charging @ 24V = 50A so look at a >60A controller.

In reality you'll probably be able to run the fridge over night on that as it won't be consuming the full 130W at all times, just how much less depends upon the weather, the fridge and it's positioning (shady?).

Add a 1500W pure-sine inverter and you're good to go.

With anything solar, bigger is always better so a bigger battery, charge controller or more panels can't hurt.

• Thanks 1