Bottles of urine! Landlady finds this when "young people" didn't pay the rent

webfact

15 hours ago, StevieAus said:

We include an inspection provision in our rental contracts plus the ability to enter without notice in an emergency.

If any prospective tenant wasn’t prepared to accept, which has never happened, we too would be telling them to xxxxx off.

3 month inspections is the norm in the real world, pre-arranged time and date.

25 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

3 month inspections is the norm in the real world, pre-arranged time and date.

I think that’s what my wife does also it’s useful to check on if anything needs replacing due to “wears down tear” often people don’t request items need fixing or replacing.

We never have a problem overall.

And I was called a racist when I refused some Asians to rent my condominium ........ There are distinct differences in looking at things depending on upbringing and if you have something nice to live in, then rent it out to a person who grew up in an environment, where housing, furniture and basic care taking of accommodation comes with mother's milk ........ 

We include a cleaner in the rent once a week most people accept it, only one who didn't some years ago did leave it a mess he was smoking cigars in the house after being told "No Smoking" can smoke outside no problem, however not that bad I think my wife would have gone bananas, 

On 11/23/2020 at 7:23 AM, Crusader said:

I am quite amazed that people do not check-up on their rented properties.  I rented a house out a few years ago, but made a habit of calling in once a month to check on everything. Plus it was nice to get to know the tennants.

In the UK Landlords are not allowed to enter rented properties unless they have permission from the tenants or to perform safety gas checks. Perhaps the same law applies in Thailand

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RobU said:

In the UK Landlords are not allowed to enter rented properties unless they have permission from the tenants or to perform safety gas checks. Perhaps the same law applies in Thailand

Different in Australia you will be notified by the agent or landlord 2 weeks prior to inspection.

If you are not home at that time they can use their master key to gain entrance.

Inspections are every 3 months. Yes they have cases like this ones in a blue moon but mostly

when owners are to tight to use agents and don't check up regularly them self's. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Different in Australia you will be notified by the agent or landlord 2 weeks prior to inspection.

If you are not home at that time they can use their master key to gain entrance.

Inspections are every 3 months. Yes they have cases like this ones in a blue moon but mostly

when owners are to tight to use agents and don't check up regularly them self's. 

A lot of people wish it was like that in the UK including other tenants who are affected by such people. There is a programme on UK television channel 5 which weekly has reports showing the the disgusting state that houses are left in by bad tenants who often leave owing thousands of pounds (It can take up to 6 months to get an eviction order). One landlord found that the tenants had taken all the copper piping from the central heating system. The other side of the coin is bad landlords who don't do repairs and let the properties fall into a dangerous state also reported weekly. Thailand is not alone in having such people in the population, I think the Thai people are basically very clean and tidy, more so than the English, this is a small minority.