General Dentistry Huahin: recommendations?

RocketDog

I have to have a broken root canal tooth extracted. I'm not sure I will have it replaced or not.

I'm in the Huahin/Prachuap/Pranburi area.

Any positive or negative recommendation?

I did a forum search but it was predictably useless. The search engine on this site is abysmal.

Thanks

When you say not sure if you will have it replaced: do you mean you will have the toorh extracted and are not sure re getting an implant?

Or do you mean that a crown is broken and might need to be replaced?

Big difference so please clarify. Most teeth that have had root canals have crowns

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I'm not sure whether i will get a single implant of a bridge. Either way the old one has to come out. The entire tooth is eroded away after 15 years, and very loose.

thanks

Personally, I'd go with the implant. A bridge would require some grinding of the adjacent teeth to accomodate it. It will be much easier to clean around an implanted tooth also. You don't what to get those adjacent teeth decayed. 

• Thanks 1

I went to Nana Dental, and she had a cancellation so did the job immediately. Amazing care, professional, sterile environment, good equipment. Good english from Dentist and receptionist. The tooth came out easily with no complications, very minor bleeding. She did not recommend antibiotics either.

500 thb!

I think you are correct DavisH. She gave me two options. The single implant to replace two small front teeth seems the most mechanically stable and easier to do. She seemed to favor that approach also. I think there are several good dentists in Huahin, but I will return to Nana.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I went to Nana Dental, and she had a cancellation so did the job immediately. Amazing care, professional, sterile environment, good equipment. Good english from Dentist and receptionist. The tooth came out easily with no complications, very minor bleeding. She did not recommend antibiotics either.

500 thb!

I think you are correct DavisH. She gave me two options. The single implant to replace two small front teeth seems the most mechanically stable and easier to do. She seemed to favor that approach also. I think there are several good dentists in Huahin, but I will return to Nana.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Good you got the tooth removed. So you say one implant will replace 2 small teeth? I went yesterday to get my crown fitted to my implant, but could not do it as they said there was too much gap between the implant and adjacent teeth. They did use dental floss to check but it felt tight to me. Anyway, they sent the crown back to get readjusted, and I go back to get it fitted. 

Dont worry at all about them drilling the bone to do the implant. It's  more comfortable than getting an extraction. Thre's just a vibration sensation and its over in a few minutes. Stitch the gum and go back ina ccouple of weeks to remove the stiches. I had to wait many months to get the implant finished as I just got my tooth removed just before the pandemic and then the dental hospital shut down. Had to go to my local dentist to get the stiches removed. 

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Good you got the tooth removed. So you say one implant will replace 2 small teeth? I went yesterday to get my crown fitted to my implant, but could not do it as they said there was too much gap between the implant and adjacent teeth. They did use dental floss to check but it felt tight to me. Anyway, they sent the crown back to get readjusted, and I go back to get it fitted. 

Dont worry at all about them drilling the bone to do the implant. It's  more comfortable than getting an extraction. Thre's just a vibration sensation and its over in a few minutes. Stitch the gum and go back ina ccouple of weeks to remove the stiches. I had to wait many months to get the implant finished as I just got my tooth removed just before the pandemic and then the dental hospital shut down. Had to go to my local dentist to get the stiches removed. 

Wow. You had bad luck, sorry.

The tooth was so loose the extraction was painless. No swelling, etc. Didn't even take an aspirin.

The two very front teeth in the lower jaw are small. That's why I had the root canal in that tooth; it was like a runt pup, didn't have enough room in the bone for a good root. So I think the plan was to pull the other small tooth and put one post in for the implant. I presume the crown will be made to look like two teeth but I don't really care. The adjacent teeth on both sides are close too. The extracted tooth had actually been forced back slightly behind the other teeth already. So I hear what you say about the gap, and didn't get that from by web research. I'll ask the Dentist about it when I go back.

Thanks for the info on the post implant. The local anesthetic she used was pretty good, so I'll get through it.

Thanks for the reply and details. I hope you get it all finished soon without any more problems.

I hate the whole process, but it's funny how quickly I was able to decide the get the tooth pulled when it because a constant nuisance and complicated chewing. Funny how we can reject a part of our body so easily when it goes rogue on us.

Onward thru the fog!

Good luck

On 11/25/2020 at 8:43 PM, RocketDog said:

Wow. You had bad luck, sorry.

The tooth was so loose the extraction was painless. No swelling, etc. Didn't even take an aspirin.

The two very front teeth in the lower jaw are small. That's why I had the root canal in that tooth; it was like a runt pup, didn't have enough room in the bone for a good root. So I think the plan was to pull the other small tooth and put one post in for the implant. I presume the crown will be made to look like two teeth but I don't really care. The adjacent teeth on both sides are close too. The extracted tooth had actually been forced back slightly behind the other teeth already. So I hear what you say about the gap, and didn't get that from by web research. I'll ask the Dentist about it when I go back.

Thanks for the info on the post implant. The local anesthetic she used was pretty good, so I'll get through it.

Thanks for the reply and details. I hope you get it all finished soon without any more problems.

I hate the whole process, but it's funny how quickly I was able to decide the get the tooth pulled when it because a constant nuisance and complicated chewing. Funny how we can reject a part of our body so easily when it goes rogue on us.

Onward thru the fog!

Good luck

I'm going back Tuesday, so hopefully the crown will be good to go then. Ive seen an animation of a double implant, there are two stents done next to each other, but the crown appears to be one implant made to look like two teeth. If your gat is very small. they may just make one implant. But your dentist knows better what to do than me or you, so let them at it:) 

• Thanks 1