60 Day Covid Extensions at MTT in Bangkok??

52 minutes ago, cjhj said:

Just wanted to share my experience going to the MTT Immigration office today, in case it helps anyone. It was a chaotic process with a long wait (1-2 hours), as many people were applying for the tourist COVID extension, like I was. I arrived around 2pm, and people were still waiting when I left around 5:30. They seemed fairly strict about people needing to have a TM 30 notification thing (proof of residence in Thailand, I think), but fortunately I asked my hotel to print out some TM 30-related document yesterday, which the Immigration staff accepted after some discussion (otherwise I would have had to go to a nearby building to get some residence document there and then possibly have had to come back the next day). The office is in the middle of nowhere, and the closest BTS seems to be Wat Phra Sri Mahathat (N17) – at least, this is where the motorcyle taxi driver dropped me after I left (150 baht). Good luck if you're going there ... you may want to bring a book along to read!

Did you go to counter J or K ?

On 11/24/2020 at 8:26 PM, vermin on arrival said:

Apologies. I was waiting to see how things worked out as I have been every time and the situation has been different every time. The tm30 is a new requirement for people in my situation. I just saw a post about it today, which is why I am asking.

Hi Vernan, was you counter J or K? 

J is no online booking required and also they didn’t ask you for tm30?

14 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

Hi Vernan, was you counter J or K? 

J is no online booking required and also they didn’t ask you for tm30?

Counter K. It's up to IO discretion I think. My friends who went yesterday were asked for it.

It could be that since I stayed at the same place for 10 years the IO didn't need additional proof. She also said at one point when I was missing a copy that she would do it for me and was sympathetic to me since I am almost 60. Who knows.

Edited by vermin on arrival

32 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Counter K. It's up to IO discretion I think. My friends who went yesterday were asked for it.

That, and it might also depend on what shows up in their system. If it's the same Bangkok address written down on the form, there's no need to ask for proof of address.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

It could be that since I stayed at the same place for 10 years the IO didn't need additional proof. She also said at one point when I was missing a copy that she would do it for me and was sympathetic to me since I am almost 60. Who knows.

Just got back from counter J, got stamped without tm30 no questions asked. Cheers

8 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

Well then that is it then. Thanks for that clarification. It's the same address I have been at for 10 years.

That might depend upon whether you have ever filed a TM30 before or perhaps have a record from a previous extension application using the same address.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That might depend upon whether you have ever filed a TM30 before or perhaps have a record from a previous extension application using the same address.

I've never filed a tm30 before but do two 2 extensions a year from this address when I come in for my yearly visits to Thailand. All my emergency covid extensions this year have been from this address. Do I need to file a tm30 at the end of January?

On 11/25/2020 at 6:19 PM, anymajordude said:

Applying for short term Visa at Muangthong Thani (K counter)"

Interesting, I tried to make an appointment last night and the usual "Applying for short term Visa at Muangthong Thani (K counter)"" was not listed as an option!

• 1 month later...

In case anyone would like to know, I went back to MTT again today (21 Jan 2021) and applied for another extension (my current stamp is valid until 29 Jan).  Basically the exact same process as last time.  Got an under consideration stamp telling me to come back on 4 Feb, at which time I assume I'll receive a stamp valid until sometime around the end of March.  There weren't many people there and the process only took about 45 minutes.  No Covid test required.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, anymajordude said:

In case anyone would like to know, I went back to MTT again today (21 Jan 2021) and applied for another extension (my current stamp is valid until 29 Jan).  Basically the exact same process as last time.  Got an under consideration stamp telling me to come back on 4 Feb, at which time I assume I'll receive a stamp valid until sometime around the end of March.  There weren't many people there and the process only took about 45 minutes.  No Covid test required.

Hi, I’m going to immigration next week for my first Covid19 extension. Can you tell me what documents are required for the Covid19 extension, ie photos/copies of documents/cost etc...

17 minutes ago, PMTRAVELS said:

Hi, I’m going to immigration next week for my first Covid19 extension. Can you tell me what documents are required for the Covid19 extension, ie photos/copies of documents/cost etc...

Bring a filled out TM7, a passport photo, and copies of your TM6 (departure card) and your entry stamp.  Also be sure to make an online appointment (for K counter if you entered visa exempt - I'm not sure which counter you need in other cases).

They will have a few other short forms for you to fill out when you get there.  The cost of the extension is 1900 baht.

Also, make sure your hotel has filed the TM30 online so that your address shows up in their system.

Edited by anymajordude

I got my second covid extension on Wednesday (20th) from Chaengwattana. Got there at 1pm and was finished at 4:30pm.

BEWARE.

After presenting all my documents at booth L29 for checking I was told to wait and hand them in at the next booth. The elderly female IO here was the same one from the last time that I applied. On both visits she has given me wrong dates in my passport. The first time she gave me the wrong date for reporting at MTT and I was only made aware of it after having waited for almost 2 hours at MTT.

This time she gave me a date of Feb 17th to return on the 'under consideration' stamp. At the next desk where another female IO checks the passport, she noticed the error and changed the date to Feb 3rd.

1 hour ago, anymajordude said:

Bring a filled out TM7, a passport photo, and copies of your TM6 (departure card) and your entry stamp.  Also be sure to make an online appointment (for K counter if you entered visa exempt - I'm not sure which counter you need in other cases).

They will have a few other short forms for you to fill out when you get there.  The cost of the extension is 1900 baht.

Also, make sure your hotel has filed the TM30 online so that your address shows up in their system.

Many thanks for the information, always good to be as prepared as you possibly can. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 10:55 PM, anymajordude said:

Went back today (08 Feb) and got an extension valid until 30 Mar 2021.  Same procedure as last time, just made the online appointment and brought my passport with no paperwork.  Wait time was a little over an hour.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a good agent to do this for them?

I've been quoted 7,000 - 9,500 for this perfectly legitimate extension and can't quite believe it's that expensive. They aren't hard to do and they don't require the IO to be bribed. I don't want to lose any time sitting in the office and going back twice, and I can't go to the local Ubon IO after complaining about their 3,900 cost last time. Ironic now that I have to pay even more for an agent.  

Hopefully someone can help with the name of a reasonably priced agent. Thanks!

19 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

If your current Covid extension expires on a Sunday is CW okay with a person coming in on the Monday without penalty?

First up you would not be attending CW. 

You would apply at MTT.

You could apply on Monday should be without penality. Why was previous few days so busy not to be able to obtain extension

3 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

As I entered on a non-Imm O visa I had to attend CW the last time. 

I know it has been stated before that they are generally cool if you attend on the next Monday, but it never hurts to sound it out again.

Never hurts to go few days early.

9 hours ago, anymajordude said:

Went back today (08 Feb) and got an extension valid until 30 Mar 2021.  Same procedure as last time, just made the online appointment and brought my passport with no paperwork.  Wait time was a little over an hour.

Is the online appointment needed again when going to just get a covid-19 extension stamp for a passport? 

17 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Does anyone have a good agent to do this for them?

I've been quoted 7,000 - 9,500 for this perfectly legitimate extension and can't quite believe it's that expensive. They aren't hard to do and they don't require the IO to be bribed. I don't want to lose any time sitting in the office and going back twice, and I can't go to the local Ubon IO after complaining about their 3,900 cost last time. Ironic now that I have to pay even more for an agent.  

Hopefully someone can help with the name of a reasonably priced agent. Thanks!

Can you just go to different agencies. I was quoted 14000b for the full service if you know what I mean but that was not in Ubon(guessing that is where you are)

4 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Can you just go to different agencies. I was quoted 14000b for the full service if you know what I mean but that was not in Ubon(guessing that is where you are)

Full service? Sounds like going into a massage parlour and leaving with a smile.

I don't know what you mean lol! What did 14k get you? Yes, I'm in Ubon. Hopefully can do it all by post.

Edited by 2530Ubon

6 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Full service? Sounds like going into a massage parlour and leaving with a smile.

I don't know what you mean lol! What did 14k get you? Yes, I'm in Ubon. Hopefully can do it all by post.

I don't want to talk about anything that is illegal on the forum.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

I went back to MTT today (20 Jul 2021) to do another 60-day Covid extension.  My previous stamp was valid until 28 Jul 2021, and this time I got an extension until 26 Sep 2021.  There was no "under consideration" this time and no need to go back in a second time, so it looks like they have finally gotten rid of that.

I was also given another form to fill out if I want to do another 60-day extension in the future, along with a sticker on the outside of my passport saying to apply "before expiry date about 3 weeks", so there is no indication whatsoever that this is the last extension or that they are "finally cracking down" on people who have done many Covid extensions or anything like that, as many people have been (incorrectly) suggesting in other threads.

I arrived at MTT around 9 AM and the whole process (including making copies and filling out the TM7 form) took about half an hour.  I was number 065 in the queue, and since they are only doing 300 applications per day according to the recent announcement, you might want to get there relatively early to make sure you aren't turned away.

The thread about the recent announcement is here:

Also, there is currently no appointment required as the online appointment system is down.

Edited by anymajordude
  • Thanks 2