Second 60-day Visa Extension at Samut Prakan

Hi, I'm going to relocate to Samut Prakan in this weekend. I'm thinking whether should I extend my visa(expiring Nov.29) at MTT or go to Samut Prakan immigration?

Does anyone had any success extending the 2nd 60 days visa at Samut Prakan?

Thank you.

DJ

I did this today at MTT. Tried last week but was turned down as didn't have TM.30, So I did that today morning and then went for extension. I entered on visa exempt, was covered under amnesty then used 60 day to visit Thai wife and now wanted 60 day "covid" extension.

Got a lot of talk from IO that I should go back home and come back on family visa and when she said I need a good reason for the extension and I tried to explain that I am here as my child is type 1 diabetic and I take care of him daily and can't just leave and come back quickly due to covid and back home the situation is bad so don't want my diabetic son to go there and he also goes to school here she said it is not a valid reason and after I said my child dying seems like a good reason to me she kind of went on  rant about bad farangs using this to stay here and government can stop offering these extension any minute etc.....  I kind of got <deleted> off so just shut up and let her rant on.

At the end she stamped all the papers and i paid and waited 10 minutes and got an under consideration stamp to come back in 2 weeks. If I will get it or not I am not sure as I have not heard anyone got the under consideration only people who have embassy letter so they can check the letter for authenticity but no letters anymore.

So you might need to come back in 2 weeks. Or maybe I am just unlucky.

1 hour ago, Jackie66 said:

. I entered on visa exempt, was covered under amnesty then used 60 day to visit Thai wife and now wanted 60 day "covid" extension.

Maybe I'm confusing your account in stating the io unreasonable.

Since you entered visa exempt and also have Thai wife, you have had long time to obtain suitable extension. You could have obtained a non o marriage and then 12 month extension to that. 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Since you entered visa exempt and also have Thai wife, you have had long time to obtain suitable extension. You could have obtained a non o marriage and then 12 month extension to that. 

Yes I could have. But I used other legal options available to me. I did not lie, cheat or do anything illegal.

I have entered visa exempt this time unluckily assuming we would go to Europe after school year which never happened due to lockdowns so while here I used options available to me.

Keeping 400k in bank for months to get the non o then again for extension without being able to access almost any funds abroad was not feasible. I guess I could have used an agent but then again it's a gray area and didn't want to risk it.

I did not find all of her comments unreasonable just not willing to listen at all and just rant as if I am some criminal I did not appreciate as I am here legally and did not overstay or do anything that I should not have done. Specially when she just dismissed my sick child as a non factor.

7 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

without being able to access almost any funds abroad was not feasible. I guess I could have used an agent but then again it's a gray area and didn't want to risk it.

Why couldn't you access funds from abroad. Also agents are not a grey area, but that's your call. 

2 hours ago, Jackie66 said:

I did this today at MTT. Tried last week but was turned down as didn't have TM.30, So I did that today morning and then went for extension. I entered on visa exempt, was covered under amnesty then used 60 day to visit Thai wife and now wanted 60 day "covid" extension.

Got a lot of talk from IO that I should go back home and come back on family visa and when she said I need a good reason for the extension and I tried to explain that I am here as my child is type 1 diabetic and I take care of him daily and can't just leave and come back quickly due to covid and back home the situation is bad so don't want my diabetic son to go there and he also goes to school here she said it is not a valid reason and after I said my child dying seems like a good reason to me she kind of went on  rant about bad farangs using this to stay here and government can stop offering these extension any minute etc.....  I kind of got <deleted> off so just shut up and let her rant on.

At the end she stamped all the papers and i paid and waited 10 minutes and got an under consideration stamp to come back in 2 weeks. If I will get it or not I am not sure as I have not heard anyone got the under consideration only people who have embassy letter so they can check the letter for authenticity but no letters anymore.

So you might need to come back in 2 weeks. Or maybe I am just unlucky.

You must have had the same IO officer at MTT that we did.

Our reasons were different and had no other legal way to stay (son is here on Ed visa but refused guardian visa because must be done outside Thailand. Also refused dependent visa for same reason).

Did get under consideration and then 60 days after two week wait, although at first they screwed up and gave only 30 until their mistake was pointed out to them.

Perfectly legit 60-day covid extensions are now available with certain agents (such as the TVF sponsor), so personally, we won't face that nasty b!tch (it takes a lot for me to say this) at MTT again if it's at all possible to avoid her.

I would also suggest the OP contact an agent rather than travel all over to get the extension

1 hour ago, eppic said:

You must have had the same IO officer at MTT that we did.

Our reasons were different and had no other legal way to stay (son is here on Ed visa but refused guardian visa because must be done outside Thailand. Also refused dependent visa for same reason).

Did get under consideration and then 60 days after two week wait, although at first they screwed up and gave only 30 until their mistake was pointed out to them.

Perfectly legit 60-day covid extensions are now available with certain agents (such as the TVF sponsor), so personally, we won't face that nasty b!tch (it takes a lot for me to say this) at MTT again if it's at all possible to avoid her.

I would also suggest the OP contact an agent rather than travel all over to get the extension

Thank you for letting me know you got the 60 days after the 2 week consideration.  Makes me feel a bit better as it is the first I've heard of (without embassy letter).

What is the price for that 60 day covid extension if using an agent? If you don't want to share publicly I can send you a private message.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Why couldn't you access funds from abroad. Also agents are not a grey area, but that's your call. 

Using them for avoiding the funds requirements since that is the issue we were talking about that I had I would definitely consider it a gray area.

22 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

Thank you for letting me know you got the 60 days after the 2 week consideration.  Makes me feel a bit better as it is the first I've heard of (without embassy letter).

What is the price for that 60 day covid extension if using an agent? If you don't want to share publicly I can send you a private message.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

In theory yes, in practice no. I was refused a non o marriage in Chaeng Wattana because I didn’t have 3 months receipts on my rental home, to which I had just moved in with my wife. I had more than 3 months receipts for the previous home, but that wasn’t enough, nor was the original copy of the new rental contract. Everything else was in order.

So now I just do 2 month extensions while hoping I get a more amenable officer next time.

17 hours ago, DDJJ said:

Thanks DrJack54, I think you are right. Last question, what documents do I need to prepare as I'm just on a Visa exempt?

Thanks again.

Definitely include a completed TM30 unless one has already been registered for you at MTT.

My Laos partner applied for an extension to her temporary visa which had been extended for free before. Yesterday Jomtien Immigration charged her THB1,900 and gave a Dec 22nd extension.

The Lao border has remained closed since March, so why does the Thai govt need to charge her anyway. She cannot work and she even could not go home in July to attend her mother funeral. Why not just grant free extensions?

35 minutes ago, Thaivisa Golf said:

My Laos partner applied for an extension to her temporary visa which had been extended for free before. Yesterday Jomtien Immigration charged her THB1,900 and gave a Dec 22nd extension.

The Lao border has remained closed since March, so why does the Thai govt need to charge her anyway. She cannot work and she even could not go home in July to attend her mother funeral. Why not just grant free extensions?

Before the ministerial notice that was approved on April 7th that was extend 3 times until October 31st a Laotian could stay in the country until 7 days after the borders opened. That is all over now.

I am sure Laotians can still enter Laos but are required pre approval to do it. I assume the first point of contact to arrange it would be the Lao embassy in Bangkok or maybe the consulate in Khon Kaen.

On 11/23/2020 at 9:24 AM, DDJJ said:

Hi, I'm going to relocate to Samut Prakan in this weekend. I'm thinking whether should I extend my visa(expiring Nov.29) at MTT or go to Samut Prakan immigration?

Does anyone had any success extending the 2nd 60 days visa at Samut Prakan?

It would depend on the type extension you would be applying for.

If it is an extension with an 'under consideration' stamp, you'd better relocate first and then apply at the IO in the province where you relocated.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:40 PM, Barnabe said:

In theory yes, in practice no. I was refused a non o marriage in Chaeng Wattana because I didn’t have 3 months receipts on my rental home, to which I had just moved in with my wife. I had more than 3 months receipts for the previous home, but that wasn’t enough, nor was the original copy of the new rental contract. Everything else was in order.

So now I just do 2 month extensions while hoping I get a more amenable officer next time.

Sorry to hear about your predicament.

This is a clear case of how the 'bad english' used in the IO requirements can put you and the Immigration officer having to apply these rules, on the wrong foot.

> Location the house or condo map and a rental receipt Past three months.

When you just moved to a new rental place obviously you will not be able to provide rental receipts of the last 3 months.  But you simply need to show that you paid a rental guarantee in the form of 3 months of rent IN ADVANCE.

On 11/23/2020 at 3:58 PM, Jackie66 said:

Keeping 400k in bank for months to get the non o then again for extension without being able to access almost any funds abroad was not feasible. I guess I could have used an agent but then again it's a gray area and didn't want to risk it.

You do not need to keep 400K on a personal Thai bank-account for months (and certainly not in your case when being able to apply for reason of Thai dependent child).

When you apply for the 90-day Non Imm O-Visa based on your original VisaExempt entry, you can do this for different reasons, e.g. retirement (when over 50 years of age), marriage to a Thai national or with Thai dependent children.  The requirements are different depending on the reason for your application.

But when applying for that 90-day Non Imm O Visa, you only need to provide evidence of meeting the financial requirements at the moment of application (800K for retirement / 400K for family reasons).

During the last month of the permission to stay that 90-day Non Imm O Visa will provide you, you would then need to apply for a 1-year extension of stay.

When you do this for reason of marriage to a Thai national, you only need to show that you kept 400K for at least 2 months on your personal Thai bank-account at the moment of application.  And you would need to keep it there for 3-4 weeks longer during the under consideration period, until you get the 1-year permission to stay stamp in your passport.  Once you have that stamp you are free to use the 400K as you please, only to top up again to 400K two months before your NEXT 1-year extension of stay.

But when you apply for the 1-year extension of stay for REASON OF DEPENDENT THAI CHILD there is NO seasoning requirement at all.  So you only need to show 400K at the moment of application and keep it there till you receive the 1-year permission to stay stamp after the 3-4 week under consideration period.

Note: Some IOs also allow this when applying for reason of marriage, but you would need to enquire at your local IO whether they are willing to do so, and if so which additional evidence they require for skipping the seasoning requirement of the funds.

Don't forget the income method, there's another way for those of us who can't leave 400/800K in a bank for whatever reasons - https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?p=14714:

Marriage Criteria:

.6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income
of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in
Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

Marriage Requirements:

Only for Criteria (5) and (6), the applicant must attach a funds deposit certificate issued by a
bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook, or attach documents proving that the parents or alien
husband earns an average monthly income of no less than Baht 40,000 throughout the year, such as
any particular individual income tax return together with payment receipt, evidence of receiving
retirement pension, evidence of receiving interest from funds deposit, or evidence of having other
funds issued by the relevant agency. An affidavit must also be submitted confirming the alien’s
marital or parental status with a Thai national.

Retirement Criteria:

Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

On the filing date, the applicant must have account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) in a bank in Thailand of no less than
Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a
deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to
the filing date; or

Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht
800,000 as of the filing date.

Retirement Requirements:

Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or

Account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook

Archived