Government to introduce “Thailand Plus” application for foreign tourists

webfact

Want to scare potential tourists from visiting Thailand this is the right way to proceed. It is bad enough having to report every where you stay and now this hairbrained scheme. Just gives the impression Thailand is so dangerous it is better to go elseware. Wait for the vaccine and then open up normally about June next year if all goes well

• Like 2

15 hours ago, smedly said:

This will require a smartphone

I personally know of 4 people that visit Thailand on a regular basis (or used too) and do not use a smart phone - I know several living here who also do not use a smartphone

Do they ave any issues with getting Grab Food to deliver to stone age cave dwellings?

So when Thais arrive from aboard to Thailand they not need Thailand Plus application cause they not spread the virus but when foreigner come to Thailand they need the app cause they can only spread the virus?
Why can't Thais politely announce that everyone coming to the country should download the Thailand Plus app. Why only foreigners? Very selfish commenting.
Why Thais cant 

Feels pure racism!
Amazing Thais!!!

• Like 2

Wow! "We are watching your every move because we must know where foreigners are at all times." I'm now wondering if North Korea may be more welcoming to tourists than the Land of Control Freaks. No longer a place for a holiday is it?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

If the quarantine works then why is this needed?

Virtually every country in the world has come to the same conclusion, some quicker than others, that there is no silver bullet.

Defeating the virus will come from making use of all tools available, tracing being one of them.

It is fairly obvious that any sense of normality will not return until the virus is contained on a global basis,  but some seem to believe their own situation is far more important.

This is not going to be over anytime soon, in the meantime we will continue to make good use of the domestic tourism incentive.

Coronavirus restrictions are set to continue until at least the end of March in England, after Boris Johnson announced a new set of tightened rules to replace the current lockdown.

7 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

I have several friends who were supposed to come out here this Xmas. Usually they stay out here for around 3-4 months,  and spend a fair bit of money out here.
They have all said to me that the main reason why they have no interest coming out here this year,  is due of the ridiculous costs involved to quarantine for 2 weeks.
And now this... :coffee1:

I also know many from the UK that come for the winter months, but as you say not this year.

Quarantine was not a consideration, the overriding concern was the FCO travel advice which fluctuates and can invalidate travel insurance.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

I also know many from the UK that come for the winter months, but as you say not this year.

Quarantine was not a consideration, the overriding concern was the FCO travel advice which fluctuates and can invalidate travel insurance.

Most of my friends have no issues issues to quarantine here, but rather the insane prices involved in doing so. A few of them run seasonal businesses back home, so their time here is usually spent as a holiday/ business trip. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Most of my friends have no issues issues to quarantine here, but rather the insane prices involved in doing so. 

That is a personal perspective, prices range from around 30K to over 100K and even the top end can hardly be described as "insane"

When I went to my nephew's wedding 2017 in the north of Scotland, The cheapest B&B I could find was £85/night, if i had stayed at the venue, a mediocre hotel, it would have been £150/night for B&B.

ASQ is full board plus.

14 hours ago, Hockeybik said:

I'm not a tourist but if I were, would TOT pay for my roaming charges to have this app connected all the time? The article mentioned that 600,000 Thai citizens have downloaded the Mor Chana app, that's a resounding success with a bit over 0.9% of the population using it. Is a similar success rate expected from tourist visitors? 

I had similar thoughts on roaming charges also some tourist buy local sIms but others only use on hotel WiFi. The other issue I seen at least on Google apps is the Thais set them as only available if the Google location is set to Thailand which it is not for any tourist so you cannot download the app! 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai government is to introduce a new application, called “Thailand Plus”, to enable the tracing of foreign tourists in the country.

There will soon be no tourists to track the numbers were dropping well before the virus so that will continue after , because it as become to expensive and tourists are treated like prisoners .