Government to introduce “Thailand Plus” application for foreign tourists

webfact

17 hours ago, smedly said:

This will require a smartphone

I personally know of 4 people that visit Thailand on a regular basis (or used too) and do not use a smart phone - I know several living here who also do not use a smartphone

B14CC9AF-1CB9-4FF9-AAC7-BC7ED64C4264.jpeg

17 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"If the quarantine works then why is this needed?"

It's been 184 days since a true domestic "case" of covid in Thailand...that's just over 13 fourteen-day quarantine periods. 

Why are we wearing masks? 

PM2.5, unless you like your lungs lined with concrete dust and other hazardous materials?

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Similar to a GPS system, he said that officials will know the whereabouts of the tourists during their stay in Thailand, in case any of them are found to have contracted the contagion, so that action can be taken immediately to prevent its spread.

Pesky, sneaky, disease ridden, super spreader foreigners , just wire your money over people

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, rabas said:

Information on the “Mor Chana” application not given above:

https://www.cattelecom.com/cat/content/3754/222/Thailand+launches+Mor+Chana+mobile+app+to+enhance+?lang=en_EN

Includes a very long discussion on how this ap doesn't violate your privacy, can't violate your privacy, the teams and committees that will insure it doesn't violate your privacy, layers of privacy protection and privacy safe guards. All data is stored in anonymous form, until it isn't. How the authorities won't look, until they need to, and the ap will only be active as long as they want it to be. ...

Obviously nothing to worry about, why else write all that?

Actually I wouldn't worry that much except for mistakes.  "Urgent!  All band alert!  Rabus is infected!"

With your mobile phone already connected to your pasport or ID-card, in principle Big Brother can watch without any app, as long as the phone is switched on; however an app would also not work when a phone is switched off.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CLW said:

Why would they say anything? Personal travel for leisure is none of their businesses....

What about human rights? 50% of their job probably is tourist related anyway. I bet only a small percentage is spend on people living in Thailand permanently. Those who work for big companies get  more time allocated. Maybe they can start to prepare a star of David like sign to put on our clothes?

be useful  if they did similar  to get ride of TM30. rather than report via immigration can just can QR code and reporting every 90 days the same way.

selfie with address in back ground  and some kind of time stamp.

if have to report anyway then better to save time with tech than go to immigration  with large queue 

personally i do not like the reporting 

i reckon border bouncing  is a must but the time should be once a year plus if tourists can show a foreign  bank statement  showing they have enough income to stay here for many years then they should  be able to do as many border bounces  as need be.

infant  why border bounce  when we have tech. 

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

With your mobile phone already connected to your pasport or ID-card, in principle Big Brother can watch without any app, as long as the phone is switched on; however an app would also not work when a phone is switched off.

In principle yes, and I am sure that there are plenty in authority who would love to do that.

But - they cannot even manage to enforce the laws on registering motorcycles, let alone wearing helmets!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

What about human rights? 50% of their job probably is tourist related anyway. I bet only a small percentage is spend on people living in Thailand permanently. Those who work for big companies get  more time allocated. Maybe they can start to prepare a star of David like sign to put on our clothes?

No one forces you to stay here or make a holiday in Thailand.

Same as the house right of any private business, if they decide to keep certain groups out, yes it's racist but their decision and right

• Sad 2

So 'Welcome to Thailand Sir '..'Can We See Your 500,000 THB Proof of Bank Deposit'?'Can We See  your 100,000 THB  Travel Insurance Also'? 'Follow Us Sir' To be  'Banged Up and Bored' for 14 Days in a <deleted>ty Hotel! Beautiful Thailand..the country that just keeps giving!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Migrosmarket said:

They need something to protect the Thai population from us dirty Farangs who never shower and spread all manner of diseases. This will be a good supplement to the quarantine, wristbands and minders they already have lined up. 

I just installed Mor Chana just to have a look at it.  One of the questions in the registration/initial assessment was "Do you work near foreigners?".  It would be interesting to know how many black marks are given for answering "yes" to that.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Migrosmarket said:

I think this is a great idea.

They need something to protect the Thai population from us dirty Farangs who never shower and spread all manner of diseases. This will be a good supplement to the quarantine, wristbands and minders they already have lined up. 

wind vane style:

Financial requirements: off.

Tracking: on