Photo's for 1 year marraige extension

when I did mine, for an extension as guardian of a child (my daughter) I took "selfies" of Lucy and I standing in the living room, outside the front door, with a piece of card stuck in the window with the house number printed on it in large font, and another of us in the garden with the house in the background. Printed them out in colour,  6x4, on plain paper. That was accepted.

I have always supplied actual photos. Normally about 5-6 different ones in and around the house, including at least one with the house number in clear view.  I then let the immigration officer select which ones they want. Remember, you will need two copies of all the photos. 

Its a total lottery. My local office will only accept a colour copy of 4 photos placed landscape on a4. This year, they asked for more photos (8 different photos placed landscape on 2 sheets of a4 - luckily I had pre-empted and had what they wanted). The point is this - cover all bases - provide what they officially ask for, and then much much more! Good luck!

Print them on A4 (or US Letter) and make sure they are in colour and in portrait format. Each photo can fill the whole page or no smaller than half the page. They need to be reasonable quality (e.g. select 'high' or 'photo' quality if using a dot matrix printer.

23 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

when I did mine, for an extension as guardian of a child (my daughter) I took "selfies" of Lucy and I standing in the living room, outside the front door, with a piece of card stuck in the window with the house number printed on it in large font, and another of us in the garden with the house in the background. Printed them out in colour,  6x4, on plain paper. That was accepted.

When I did mine at Udon Thani immigration last July they rejected the selfie photos. They said something like, "cannot submit selfies to government".

Had to go get a friend.. Take new photos.. Print them out.

They accepted color printouts on A4 paper, 2 per page.

22 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Thanks guys.

Bit of a lottery really then what they want i guess..

You didn't mention your immigration office.

For any folk using CW be aware that on lower level there is a general photo , print stall.

If you take your photos on cell they will print them out exactly how io want them.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

For any folk using CW be aware that on lower level there is a general photo , print stall.

If you take your photos on cell they will print them out exactly how io want them.

That's a very helpful piece of information.  Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Thomas72 said:

When I did mine at Udon Thani immigration last July they rejected the selfie photos. They said something like, "cannot submit selfies to government".

Had to go get a friend.. Take new photos.. Print them out.

Same here! Got told 'too many selfies...cannot'

Set up the tripod on a timer, took the same photos again and all was well. 

23 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

I have always supplied actual photos. Normally about 5-6 different ones in and around the house, including at least one with the house number in clear view.  I then let the immigration officer select which ones they want. Remember, you will need two copies of all the photos. 

Whether you need two copies or not depends on the office. I applied for a one-year marriage extension today in Kalasin and only one copy of everything was required. I had previously asked if they needed two and they said no, but I prepared two anyway because well, you know.....

I provided photos from a phone printed on photo paper and let them choose their four from about eight. They then affixed each photo on a separate sheet of A4.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:43 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

Are these photo's required in colour or B & W?

Of is it actual proper photo's they want?

Thx.

There has been so much variation, so much discussion, so many ridicilous situations where members of this forum have reported that their application was rejected because ‘something’ was off with their photo’s - this is what I provided and what I had as ‘back up'

4 Photos on 2 sheets of A4 Colour printed. 

- All photos ‘correct way up, nothing ’sideways’.

1) Wife and I outside Our house (taken of us by a 3rd party. Photo of the house clearly showed the House number).

2) Wife and I Inside our House in dining room (taken by a 3rd party)

3) Wife and I Inside our House in living room (taken by a 3rd party)

4) photo of us on our Wedding day (taken by a 3rd party)

Immigration Division Chaeng Wat accepted 4 photos on 2 pages.

Just incase I also prepped ‘other options’ 

- 4 pages, 1 photo on each page (Immigration CW didn’t ask for this)

- 2 Copies of everything (Immigration CW didn’t ask for the second copies)

On 11/23/2020 at 7:03 PM, Dmaxdan said:

Same here.

Last time selfies were rejected-they require "proper" pictures,as in staged  and taken by others

Also be aware that "proper" attire is required-read that as suit and tie at least for photo ID picture

Most photo shops can photoshop as required .Cost about 100B

Varies from office to office,so best to verify requirements beforehand

On 11/23/2020 at 7:03 PM, Dmaxdan said:

Interesting note for interested people. I personally had ten years of "marriage visa" extensions. When the new requirements were put into effect, I lost the extension "status" but of course regained it, as I actually had plenty of money. Nevertheless, when I got my 1st "new" extension, and got the "home visit" from IO's, they took a bunch of photos - including one of me and the wife sitting on our bed.  I found this intrusive to say the least, but compliance seemed inevitable - although my wife did make a comment "should I change into my nightgown"?  In all seriousness, the officer answered, "that isn't necessary". I asked my wife later and she said he definitely wasn't joking around. So for some reason, the "photos" are necessary to your "case file".

On 11/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, AlfHuy said:

Next thing, they ask for a photo in bed.

Crazy with their photos.

That's already a requirement at many offices. You don't actually have to lie in bed together, just sit on the edge of it.

25 minutes ago, Myran said:

That's already a requirement at many offices. You don't actually have to lie in bed together, just sit on the edge of it.

I use a photo of my wife and I sitting on the foot of the bed that includes rest of the bed and the bedroom. No big deal to do that. 

yesterday @ Samut Prakan    

Front of House with Address/Bedroom/Kitchen/Living Room   I printed them out 2 pics per sheet on photo paper as well as a full page of each..just in case .  we both signed every paper and picture at the bottom in blue ink.   went to information trailer, the staff took the package and sorted out all the paperwork and organized it, handed me back all the  full page photos ( not needed ) 

Samut Prakan was fast and smooth ..   1 hour and  8 mins start to finish & out the door

On 11/23/2020 at 6:54 PM, herfiehandbag said:

Not  when I did ours a  few  years back.........."you  made that sign"  they said, "so  what" I  said what does  having a  sign actually  prove?  <deleted>  all except stupid  rules are  still the norm.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:54 PM, herfiehandbag said:

Our Selfies were not accepted.

Required were photos from normal distance, with both showing house, then both with house number, both together in living, and last but not least together in the bedroom ( my Q whether “on the bed or in the bed “ was not appreciated ???? )

color print on regular A4, one photo horizontally per page, 

after that all’s OK, extension received already

I produced black-and-white photos when I went to get my marriage Visa. They refused to accept them. I told them I had not got a coloured printer. But nevertheless they stamped my passport and told me not to worry and come back in one months time. A few days later a very nice immigration officer came to our house took some coloured pictures of us

It seems that every office wants it done differently!

When I say "selfies" they were taken using one of those "selfie stick" gadgets, so they were not obviously "selfies", you couldn't see my paws holding the phone!

When they came for the "home visit" (three officers) they took exactly the same photos with a phone, except for the lady officer, she wanted her photo taken cuddling our chihuahua!

Just out of interest, do we have to submit photos every year? I've previously been on a multi entry type O.

Archived