Photo's for 1 year marraige extension

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have always supplied actual photos. Normally about 5-6 different ones in and around the house, including at least one with the house number in clear view.  I then let the immigration officer select

Thanks guys.   Bit of a lottery really then what they want i guess..

You didn't mention your immigration office. For any folk using CW be aware that on lower level there is a general photo , print stall. If you take your photos on cell they will print them ou

when I did mine, for an extension as guardian of a child (my daughter) I took "selfies" of Lucy and I standing in the living room, outside the front door, with a piece of card stuck in the window with the house number printed on it in large font, and another of us in the garden with the house in the background. Printed them out in colour,  6x4, on plain paper. That was accepted.

Edited by herfiehandbag

Its a total lottery. My local office will only accept a colour copy of 4 photos placed landscape on a4. This year, they asked for more photos (8 different photos placed landscape on 2 sheets of a4 - luckily I had pre-empted and had what they wanted). The point is this - cover all bases - provide what they officially ask for, and then much much more! Good luck!

Print them on A4 (or US Letter) and make sure they are in colour and in portrait format. Each photo can fill the whole page or no smaller than half the page. They need to be reasonable quality (e.g. select 'high' or 'photo' quality if using a dot matrix printer.

23 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

when I did mine, for an extension as guardian of a child (my daughter) I took "selfies" of Lucy and I standing in the living room, outside the front door, with a piece of card stuck in the window with the house number printed on it in large font, and another of us in the garden with the house in the background. Printed them out in colour,  6x4, on plain paper. That was accepted.

When I did mine at Udon Thani immigration last July they rejected the selfie photos. They said something like, "cannot submit selfies to government".

Had to go get a friend.. Take new photos.. Print them out.

They accepted color printouts on A4 paper, 2 per page.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

For any folk using CW be aware that on lower level there is a general photo , print stall.

If you take your photos on cell they will print them out exactly how io want them.

That's a very helpful piece of information.  Thanks!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thomas72 said:

When I did mine at Udon Thani immigration last July they rejected the selfie photos. They said something like, "cannot submit selfies to government".

Had to go get a friend.. Take new photos.. Print them out.

Same here! Got told 'too many selfies...cannot'

Set up the tripod on a timer, took the same photos again and all was well.