Margot Robbie promises “lots of girl power” in new ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ film

snoop1130

Margot Robbie promises “lots of girl power” in new ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ film

By Will Richards

Margot-Robbie-696x442.jpg

Margot Robbie. CREDIT: Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic

Margot Robbie has teased details of her role in the new Pirates Of The Caribbean film, promising “lots of girl power”.

The new Disney film will see Robbie once again team up with screenwriter Christina Hodson, who she worked with on DC‘s Birds Of Prey.

Robbie was reported to be taking the lead role in the film back in June, which, according to The Hollywood Reporter, will be separate from the already-announced franchise reboot being developed by Pirates writer Ted Elliott and Chernobyl creator Craig Mazin.

Speaking to Collider about the new movie, Robbie promised “lots of girl power,” adding: “It’s too early to talk about it. I love [Hodson], obviously.

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/film/margot-robbie-promises-lots-of-girl-power-in-new-pirates-of-the-caribbean-film-2822417

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Margot Robbie has teased details of her role in the new Pirates Of The Caribbean film, promising “lots of girl power”.

Cool it Marge.  I can't see it any less than zero times!

24 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The new Disney film will see Robbie once again team up with screenwriter Christina Hodson, who she worked with on DC‘s Birds Of Prey.

????????????????

5 hours ago, car720 said:

Don't think they wore hot pants in those days so I find it hard to think of what else she can give.

For real Girl Power, watch BlackSails,

Jessica Parker Kennedy's role as 'Blackbeard' is quite convincing in the southern region... ????

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

For real Girl Power, watch BlackSails,

Jessica Parker Kennedy's role as 'Blackbeard' is quite convincing in the southern region... ????

One of my most favorite series. Jessica is indeed hot, but my favorite is Zach McGowan as Captain Charles Vane. A true pirate depiction, if there ever was one.

Black Sails is full of Sex, Blood and Gore... And a good story too. That's what the Pirate franchise should have been, rather than this family comedy with the loony Johnny Depp.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 5:12 PM, Darkside Gray said:

Girl power? No thanks!

Why is it that everything labelled "girl power" turns me off? Started with the spice girls that were only popular while being managed by a man. Soon as they sacked him went to zero.

All those popular when made with men movies that were disasters when remade with women, like Ghost Busters.

Also, who ever thought putting Rebel Wilson in a movie was a good idea? Should have been fired.

Women have their place in movies, and do it very well- make loadsacash at the box office eg the Alien series.

However, why can't they stick to making original movies and stop trying to cash in on male movies? No one is going to remake Little Women with men, so learn the lesson, producers.

At least I've learned to save my money whenever "girl power" is mentioned. Don't think I've missed anything.

If anyone wants to watch charming anime movies with strong female leads, Studio Ghibli makes many. Some are among my favourite movies of all time.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:44 PM, SpaceKadet said:

One of my most favorite series. Jessica is indeed hot, but my favorite is Zach McGowan as Captain Charles Vane. A true pirate depiction, if there ever was one.

Black Sails is full of Sex, Blood and Gore... And a good story too. That's what the Pirate franchise should have been, rather than this family comedy with the loony Johnny Depp.

Don't be too hard on Depp. The early ones were quite entertaining and he played the gay pirate so convincingly. Sadly the later ones went wandering off into some very weird weeds. Think it was about the same time as women started becoming overly important in the films.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 5:28 AM, Airalee said:

When I think of “powerful women” in movies, I think of Jodie Foster in Silence of the Lambs,  Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich,  Sigourney Weaver in Alien or Linda Hamilton in The Terminator.

Women cast in remakes of popular films (with traditionally male roles) in the name of political correctness...not so much.

Women have shown that they can be “powerful” actors.  No need to ride the coattails of prior successes.  That just cheapens their power rather than enhancing it.

Women have no need to rip off male centric movies to make great movies. Dana Delaney always played great parts, and she started off in China Beach, a war drama series that featured women in all the main parts. One of the really greatest tv series ever made IMO.

I have absolutely nothing against women in movies, except when they ruin the movie because they made the movie about them instead of the plot.

Great plots make great movies, not the actors. Seen plenty of popular actors in real turkeys.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't be too hard on Depp. The early ones were quite entertaining and he played the gay pirate so convincingly. Sadly the later ones went wandering off into some very weird weeds. Think it was about the same time as women started becoming overly important in the films.

Agree, the first two we quite entertaining.... but then the women started pushing for the lead roles and they went totally off the boat.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Agree, the first two we quite entertaining.... but then the women started pushing for the lead roles and they went totally off the boat.

Seems that even women are not impressed, as they are apparently not rushing out in droves to watch such movies (  even before corona ).

13 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

For a pirate movie watch "Black Sails" on netflix.

Bought the series on ITunes since I don’t have Netflix.  Have watched a half dozen or so episodes and am completely disappointed.  Not so much because of any perceived agenda but because in my mind, pirates are supposed to be dirty, scruffy degenerates with weathered skin and rotting teeth.  

In ‘Black Sails’, the pirates all look like male models with fashionable haircuts, chiseled features and cosmetic dentistry.  It kinda kills the vibe for me.

• Like 1