Divorce and Visa question (urgent)

So.. me and wife decided to divorce after 7-8 years marriage. No kids.

I did my 1 year extension non-o using an agency last July. they are also doing my 90 days. (did first one)

Im also working with my non-o visa and have work permit. 

if im not mistaken, after divorce i need to go to immigration and tell them about the story and leave the country, right?

What if i stay until july till my visa ends? Im not doing anything with immigration... official things.. my my workpermit renewel is next year september. My wife said let do it quietly. She will not inform the immigration and etc. I also know when we divorce no one reports to immigration too. So after my visa ends i can just leave the country and get a non-b and come back. Of course if things are better with covid till next july (2021)

Is there any chance i can do this? will immigration know i got divorce from the amphue we divorced?

Do i have any other option to continue staying in thailand without leaving after divorce. 

PS: because of her very high position in thai government she wants to divorce like coming Monday. Because she must report her status and everything at the end of this month.

thanks a lot @ubonjoe and others...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No grey area, read the law.

Tell her she can have the divorce on the expiry date of your visa/extension of stay. No need to hurry. If she wants out so fast will she compensate you for your trouble? This then gives you plenty of

Your extension of stay (you don't have a visa) will end on your day that you divorce. You will be on overstay then. Change your way of stay BEFORE you divorce.

19 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Providing you have a 12 month extension. (not really clear)

It will be valid until it expires in July.

yes next july means 1 year.. 1 year means 12 months... 

yes it is valid till i tell immigration.. 

Edited by problemfarang
  • Confused 1
12 minutes ago, glegolo said:

If Immigration do NOT find out about your divorce, than just go there when this extension ends and apply for a new extension, maybe based on retirement....

glegolo

im only 41.

there is no way they can find out.. i have nothing with immigration... no official things.. just going to my work and home.. sometimes beer at local bar. 

OP, you have 2 things going on here. Your current extension is not an issue that continues. Prior to it ending you should plan for next extension based on retirement if your 50+.

The other aspect is your working. Think you need one of the experts i.e Ubonjoe advise re that. 

Good luck. Good that the X being helpful.

Edit.....I typed post same time op indicated age also job type. Working from home etc.

I suggest you do nothing. Just continue

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

What a confusing blog!!!

The only thing certain that I can understand is that you are aged 41  -therefore retirement does not apply.

You could have a visa based on marriage -you have not stated this.

You also mention having a work permit.If so this has nothing to do with your marriage status.

Do you have a visa based on marriage ?

Edited by Delight
  • Sad 2

Tell her she can have the divorce on the expiry date of your visa/extension of stay. No need to hurry. If she wants out so fast will she compensate you for your trouble? This then gives you plenty of time to get your affairs in order. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
6 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Your extension of stay (you don't have a visa) will end on your day that you divorce. You will be on overstay then. Change your way of stay BEFORE you divorce.

Incorrect. Yes perhaps a grey area however most imm offices even if this came to their attention would allow stay till expiry of current POS