Can the new SETV visa be extended beyond 60 days?

1 hour ago, farangzy said:

Thai visa agent told me it could be transferred to a non o volunteer visa. Can anyone confirm? 

It could be changed to a 90 day non-o visa entry at immigration and then you would apply for an extension of stay based upon volunteer work.

2 hours ago, farangzy said:

Thai visa agent told me it could be transferred to a non o volunteer visa. Can anyone confirm? 

Yes it can. No issues. Be aware that it's not cheap. 

I asked your age earlier. If you are 50+ you can obtain non o and then extension based on retirement. That process is easy and can be done without agent if you can show the financials.

13 minutes ago, farangzy said:

On the same note : can u enter and exit with the volunteer visa?

You can get a re-entry permit for either the 90 day entry from a non-o visa or the extension of stay based upon working as a volunteer.

20 minutes ago, farangzy said:

You haven't, you asked the Op.. But I'm nearly 40, so not many options left. 

On the same note : can u enter and exit with the volunteer visa?

Thanks! 

Reentry permits are available for any kind of permission to stay. However, the possession of a reentry permit does not exempt you from the regular conditions for entry. In the time of Covid-19, this means the mandatory quarantine, testing and insurance.

10 minutes ago, CaptainS said:

Could I enter on SETV and get married to my long term girlfriend to change my visa status / stay inside Thailand without the need of leaving after 60+30 days?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

You can enter on setv and at some point obtain a non o based on marriage. If time is tight you could prior to the non o, obtain 30 day extension to your tourist visa. 

Do you have bank account in Thailand. You will need that asap. Also plan ahead for financial requirements. 

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You can enter on setv and at some point obtain a non o based on marriage. If time is tight you could prior to the non o, obtain 30 day extension to your tourist visa. 

Do you have bank account in Thailand. You will need that asap. Also plan ahead for financial requirements. 

Thanks for your reply.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:05 AM, ubonjoe said:

It can be extended for 30 day without a problem.

After that your choices for an extension are limited unless you can qualify for a long term extension of some kind.

Thanks for the info.

I'm just now getting caught up with everything on new information about entering Thailand.

I've been hearing about people on Tourist Visas extending their stay for an extra 60 days at MTT due to Covid19. I'm guessing this does not apply to updated SETV?

So after a total of 90 days on SETV (including 30 day extension) we can't use MTT 60 day of extension of stay and only use the Non O alternate route?  Thanks for info. ???? 

49 minutes ago, JohnG1010 said:

I've been hearing about people on Tourist Visas extending their stay for an extra 60 days at MTT due to Covid19. I'm guessing this does not apply to updated SETV?

The 60 day extensions are meant to be for those that were already in the country prior to March 26th and had been staying under the amnesty since then. The are a replacement for the amnesties.

49 minutes ago, JohnG1010 said:

So after a total of 90 days on SETV (including 30 day extension) we can't use MTT 60 day of extension of stay and only use the Non O alternate route?  Thanks for info.

They only was to stay longer is to apply for a non immigrant visa or a extension that does not require a specific category of visa to apply for it. For example for medical treatment, at the request of your embassy or to visit a Thai family member.

6 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

can i use a visa agent to get an ED visa (or any long term visa for someone under 50) after the 60 Day SETV?

No need for an agent. Check with a few schools to find out what they can offer. Sone can arrange for a change of visa status to get a non-ed visa entry at immigration. 

It attending a formal school (universities and etc) it would not a problem. 

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 60 day extensions are meant to be for those that were already in the country prior to March 26th and had been staying under the amnesty since then. The are a replacement for the amnesties.

They only was to stay longer is to apply for a non immigrant visa or a extension that does not require a specific category of visa to apply for it. For example for medical treatment, at the request of your embassy or to visit a Thai family member.

Much much thanks for the quick and helpful info.

???? ???? 

Archived