PTT eyes 100 EV charging stations next year

webfact

PTT eyes 100 EV charging stations next year

By The Nation

800_4b5a15f97e9aea1.jpg?v=1606132039

National oil and gas conglomerate PTT aims to set up as many as 100 charging stations for electric vehicles (EVs) within 2021.

PTT has closely monitored the interest in EVs and has studied the feasibility of the investment with its expert partner, PTT’s chief financial officer Pannalin Mahawongtikul said.

She said that though there are not that many EVs in Thailand, PTT wants to be prepared and upgrade existing technology so it will only take about 15 to 20 minutes to charge a vehicle.

PTT currently has about 30 charging stations.

The conglomerate is also attaching importance to energy storage technology, because once EV become commonplace, efficient storage will be crucial for growth.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30398448

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-24

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Less than one and a half charging stations per province.

Like most countries, the urban areas will get them first which is a bit ironic since the range issue is likely less of a factor, however the people able to afford to make the change earliest live there.  It will be interesting to see if the huge new PTT gas station/plaza thing on Mahidol Road, Chiang Mai has a decent provision for charging.

For all things on clean energy and electric vehicles: Fully Charged Show 

Edited by Greenside

7 hours ago, webfact said:

National oil and gas conglomerate PTT aims to set up as many as 100 charging stations for electric vehicles (EVs) within 2021

I hope they'll think carefully as to where they will be located, if they seriously want people across the nation to buy the EV cars.

13 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Less than one and a half charging stations per province.

Nice pointless negativity on a positive story.  It is a start and it needs to start somewhere.

And this is just PTT, already there around 1,800 charging points around the country (of course the majority are in Bangkok but also a decent spread nationwide that would enable you to drive up country) - searchable on an app - and new ones being added all the time.  Still way behind many countries but growing and that is to be applauded not sniped at.

Now they just need to reduce the import duties on EVs to zero.  (Probably not going to ever happen).

Charging stations - a lot more than 1.5 per province I am sure you will agree (then hate yourself for having to do so):

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 11.14.39 PM.png

Edited by josephbloggs

7 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Nice pointless negativity on a positive story.  It is a start and it needs to start somewhere.

And this is just PTT, already there around 1,800 charging points around the country (of course the majority are in Bangkok but also a decent spread nationwide that would enable you to drive up country) - searchable on an app - and new ones being added all the time.  Still way behind many countries but growing and that is to be applauded not sniped at.

Now they just need to reduce the import duties on EVs to zero.  (Probably not going to ever happen).

Charging stations - a lot more than 1.5 per province I am sure you will agree (then hate yourself for having to do so):

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 11.14.39 PM.png

Frustration rather than negativity. I live in Kanchanaburi, one of the largest provinces in Thailand and as far as I'm aware there are just 2 charging points.

Several people I know what to buy ev's including myself but the lack of infrastructure puts us all off at the moment.