U.S. agency tells Biden he can formally begin transition

webfact

6 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Is Trump now aware that his petulance has created unnecessary problems  for many people who may  face legal issues?

If he is aware about it, as long as it does not affect him personally, he doesn't seem to care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

We only have Emily Murphy's word that this happened, and I would question why these threats apparently have not been communicated to law enforcement.

Given most of Trump's appointees seem to have developed his habit of lying like pigs in s##t, permit me to doubt the threats actually occurred, or have not been grossly exaggerated.

Threatening pets. Really? Thousands of threats. Really?

I wonder if she reported them to the police or the FBI?

• Like 1

Did she lie. She wrote this in her letter indicating she acted on her own. 

“I was never directly or indirectly pressured by any Executive Branch official -- including those who work at the White House or GSA -- with regard to the substance or timing of my decision. To be clear, I did not receive any direction to delay my determination”. 

Then Trump tweet this indicating he instructed her to proceed. 

S. President Donald Trump wrote on Twitter that he was recommending that Murphy and her team "do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same."

Lying never ceased in Trump’s swamp.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tick Nurner said:

Well, they're not true because that's not what happened, your comment is not accurate. 

This is what was actually reported...

"Donald Trump wrote on Twitter that he was recommending that Murphy and her team "do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my [his] team to do the same"

"Telling" and "recommending" do not mean the same thing.

When the president who appointed you recommends for you to do something, there's no real distinction between that and "telling". 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, numbr1 said:

Thats the problem with you people. If nothing to hide, lets see the evidence in a court with real judges and have it out. 75M americans suspect fraud, lets show them, irrefutably, one way or the other. But to "push" and try to subvert, only lends credence to this obvious election fraud.

Quite a few judges have asked trump's team for that. But so far giuliani at all weren't able to show anything.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, riclag said:

Stay the course and let it play out Emily and just do your job ,despite all ...

dear mr. biden

"I did, however, receive threats online, by phone, and by mail directed at my safety, my family, my staff, and even my pets in an effort to coerce me into making this determination prematurely. Even in the face of thousands of threats, I always remained committed to upholding the law"!

Emily W. Murphy

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2020/images/11/23/gsa.biden.pdf

She is lying , nothing more needs to be said.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Thank goodness that it is all over-let the transition begin!

Do you realise that Biden isn't president till January 20th, and has no power to do anything presidential till he is sworn in?

Trump is still president with all presidential powers till then.

I'm expecting a load of pardons to be appearing soon. Hopefully Flynn is among them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, TPI said:

"Reuters" is obviously mis-informed, "Old Joe" cannot be said to have won or lost the election until it is certified! This entire topic is a sop to the soon to be disapointed followers of the 78 year old VP. Where do they find the people who would write this nonsense? The current news media is in a very sad state!

Your hero famously had only contempt for losers , should you not be apeing him as usual ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bluetongue said:

I wonder will Biden go back on every single thing Trump has done.? Particularly asking about the Middle East where Pompeo has been recently with meetings between Israel and Saudi etc. Also it seems to be the area where the US has been most likely to get involved militarily. I've got an uneasy feeling that Trump could still cause problems, or US hating nations like Iran or NK could take advantage and do likewise. Hopefully Xi remains hunkered down until this is all over. Maybe every nation being focused on Covid is actually a good thing. 

As I understand it, Biden is also pro Israel, and if that is correct I doubt he's going to encourage the Arab states to go back to being enemies of Israel.

Given Trump didn't start any wars during his time, I see no reason to believe he'd start any now.

However, the problems of the middle east, China, Nth Korea etc  will still be there on January 20th.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As I understand it, Biden is also pro Israel, and if that is correct I doubt he's going to encourage the Arab states to go back to being enemies of Israel.

Given Trump didn't start any wars during his time, I see no reason to believe he'd start any now.

However, the problems of the middle east, China, Nth Korea etc  will still be there on January 20th.

I guess it depends on how you define being pro israel. I expect Biden will resubscribe to the agreement limiting Iran's nuclear stockpile in exchange for allow Iran to trade with the EU and other nations.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, numbr1 said:

Thats the problem with you people. If nothing to hide, lets see the evidence in a court with real judges and have it out. 75M americans suspect fraud, lets show them, irrefutably, one way or the other. But to "push" and try to subvert, only lends credence to this obvious election fraud.

The only people with a problem and the only people that are failing to show “evidence in a court with real judges” seem to be Donald Dumb and his clown combo who are trying to subvert the electorate’s decision and “push” their conspiracy theories. But the shítshow is highly entertaining. At least for us non-Americans as we are having a good laugh and can be glad that we are not the laughing stock of the world. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, numbr1 said:

' Big fat nothing burger '.

Is that phrase familiar to you ?

• Like 1