U.S. agency tells Biden he can formally begin transition

webfact

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'll bet the caravans are fueling up for ride north when joe takes over. 

Trump people will flee to a country that takes Covid 19 seriously and has socialized medicine?

Good of you to warn Canada so they can start building a wall.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Trump people will flee to a country that takes Covid 19 seriously and has socialized medicine?

I'm sure that Canada would welcome any Americans that can meet their rather rigorous point merit system but I doubt that would include a large portion of the hard core Mr. Trump true believers. They're not going to see the USA as a source of  refugees at least for now. I'm always amused by Americans of different political sides assuming the rest of the world can't wait to allow them in as residents just because they might want to go because of the last election. What's a visa? 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you realise that Biden isn't president till January 20th, and has no power to do anything presidential till he is sworn in?

Trump is still president with all presidential powers till then.

I'm expecting a load of pardons to be appearing soon. Hopefully Flynn is among them.

I'm expecting quite a few too, a lot of criminal acts have been committed by Trump adherents.

Perhaps he'll also pardon Kyle Rittenhouse in advance.

That's the scary thing, Trump still has his fingers on the nuclear button. Being the vindictive narcissist he is, he'll do his best to poison the well for the incoming administration. Could cost more American lives with the pandemic.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

Deflect all you want, you know I was referring to caravans coming up from south of the US border. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I'm expecting quite a few too, a lot of criminal acts have been committed by Trump adherents.

Perhaps he'll also pardon Kyle Rittenhouse in advance.

That's the scary thing, Trump still has his fingers on the nuclear button. Being the vindictive narcissist he is, he'll do his best to poison the well for the incoming administration. Could cost more American lives with the pandemic.

Rittenhouse is prosecuted by the state, therefore trump can't pardon.

16 hours ago, numbr1 said:

Thats the problem with you people. If nothing to hide, lets see the evidence in a court with real judges and have it out. 75M americans suspect fraud, lets show them, irrefutably, one way or the other. But to "push" and try to subvert, only lends credence to this obvious election fraud.

Total BS. The onus is totally on your side to show proof of fraud. Or to shut up, man up, and take the loss with dignity. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Total BS. The onus is totally on your side to show proof of fraud. Or to shut up, man up, and take the loss with dignity. 

Given how dignified their leader is being, that's a big ask.

• Like 2

Given how dignified their leader is being, that's a big ask.

Their leader? You can't even begin to compare the dignity of a real man like Biden, with a juvenile delinquent like Trump. Biden has spent an entire career working across the aisle and getting things done. Trump only destroys. He is NOT a builder. He is a failure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Did she lie. She wrote this in her letter indicating she acted on her own. 

“I was never directly or indirectly pressured by any Executive Branch official -- including those who work at the White House or GSA -- with regard to the substance or timing of my decision. To be clear, I did not receive any direction to delay my determination”. 

Then Trump tweet this indicating he instructed her to proceed. 

S. President Donald Trump wrote on Twitter that he was recommending that Murphy and her team "do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same."

Lying never ceased in Trump’s swamp.

Probably Trump lying as usual to make his daily quota of lies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Your scaremongering days are over because nobody cares.  Your side lost.  Even if these caravans were to come to the US from South America, so what?  These aren't foreign invaders but rather long-suffering immigrants looking for a better way of life.  America won't be run by haters anymore...which is a wonderful thing. 

They're illegals and folks do care, well unless they're not Americans.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Their leader? You can't even begin to compare the dignity of a real man like Biden, with a juvenile delinquent like Trump. Biden has spent an entire career working across the aisle and getting things done. Trump only destroys. He is NOT a builder. He is a failure. 

While I don't disagree with you, Trump did tap into a core of resentment Americans developed from seeing their jobs go overseas, and a globalised economy where they felt left behind. Sadly, most never realized they were being used for his own selfish ends.

Biden has a mammoth task to rebuild trust in Federal Government, with Trump endlessly tweeting from the sidelines with poison. Unless he's in jail, and they take his means of communication away.

On 11/24/2020 at 9:38 AM, Lacessit said:

The alternative scenario is senior Republicans accepted the situation could not go on, and took matters out of Trump's hands. Trump's letter was just putting a brave face on the subject.

Trump would take credit for sunrise tomorrow if he could. 

He would claim that "It's almost the first time in history this has happened except for one time some people say Abraham Lincoln did it" 

While I don't disagree with you, Trump did tap into a core of resentment Americans developed from seeing their jobs go overseas, and a globalised economy where they felt left behind. Sadly, most never realized they were being used for his own selfish ends.

Biden has a mammoth task to rebuild trust in Federal Government, with Trump endlessly tweeting from the sidelines with poison. Unless he's in jail, and they take his means of communication away.

It's important to understand that some government agencies have some work to do themselves to earn trust from Americans.

Specifically parts of the justice department and parts of DHS. 

There is also considerable distrust in Congress as well, both sides of the aisle. Congress has been a virtual gridlock for several administrations.

21 hours ago, numbr1 said:

Thats the problem with you people. If nothing to hide, lets see the evidence in a court with real judges and have it out. 75M americans suspect fraud, lets show them, irrefutably, one way or the other. But to "push" and try to subvert, only lends credence to this obvious election fraud.

"you people" are not stopping the judicial process. The cases are being heard and dismissed. This process will continue to completion, as you wish. That's how the system works despite trump's best efforts to distort or disable or co-opt it for his own uses. 

As for the millions of Americans statement, you are over-reaching a lot here by pretending to know statistics that you cannot possibly know. This is another common failing of the outgoing president that has been part of his undoing. 

Dorsey would be wise to cancel his account, as hate speech and disinformation.

The world would be a better place, without his utterly nonsensical, hateful, nasty, vindictive, and non factual tweets. And he would disappear into a cloud of irrelevance. 

21 hours ago, Tick Nurner said:

Well, they're not true because that's not what happened, your comment is not accurate. 

This is what was actually reported...

"Donald Trump wrote on Twitter that he was recommending that Murphy and her team "do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my [his] team to do the same"

"Telling" and "recommending" do not mean the same thing.

Your feigned naivete is unconvincing. She is a Trump appointee and took the same pledge of loyalty that all of them did to gain her position. The two words you reference are synonyms to her. 

She is no more independent of him than a tick is of a dog. 

He ordered her to do it in an attempt to quell rising republican backlash that he sees coming and he still needs their support to continue his vengeful mischief. He is, if nothing else, a master of manipulation or he would have been impeached in his first year in office. 

Barr and Graham are playing along while even the much more politically astute Constipated Turtle is backpedaling away. 

55 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Your feigned naivete is unconvincing. She is a Trump appointee and took the same pledge of loyalty that all of them did to gain her position. The two words you reference are synonyms to her. 

She is no more independent of him than a tick is of a dog. 

He ordered her to do it in an attempt to quell rising republican backlash that he sees coming and he still needs their support to continue his vengeful mischief. He is, if nothing else, a master of manipulation or he would have been impeached in his first year in office. 

Barr and Graham are playing along while even the much more politically astute Constipated Turtle is backpedaling away. 

Please explain the Constipated Turtle, is that McConnell or someone else?

Please explain the Constipated Turtle, is that McConnell or someone else?

Of course it is. He is a true ideologue and owes allegiance to none but the republican party. He has manipulated trump from the beginning. 

Edited by RocketDog