And so it begins

whiteman

The anti-vaccine people can throw their arms up in the air and scream about fascism all they like but there's no getting away from it. As soon as mass vaccinations start there will be demands for proof of vaccination in order to do certain things. This will last up until the time the WHO declare that the pandemic is over. You can bet your boots Thailand will be first cab off the rank demanding that tourists are vaccinated. Most airlines will require proof, most country's immigration will require proof, many venues like theaters, stadiums, cinemas will require proof. The list will be lengthy...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TSF said:

Most airlines will require proof

Possibly, even likely (for international flights).

16 minutes ago, TSF said:

many venues like theaters, stadiums, cinemas will require proof. The list will be lengthy.

Not a chance.

• Like 1

This won't go down without a fight. Ticketek said the same thing and later on retracted it's policy. Problem is even if Qantas withdraws it's intention (at this point I see it more as a prediction of the future than an actual intention though) foreign governments will probably have the last say (at the behest of the WHO and other global agencies which set the policy). 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TSF said:

The anti-vaccine people can throw their arms up in the air and scream about fascism all they like but there's no getting away from it. As soon as mass vaccinations start there will be demands for proof of vaccination in order to do certain things. This will last up until the time the WHO declare that the pandemic is over. You can bet your boots Thailand will be first cab off the rank demanding that tourists are vaccinated. Most airlines will require proof, most country's immigration will require proof, many venues like theaters, stadiums, cinemas will require proof. The list will be lengthy...

Nope. That's not how it will work.

IF a vaccination requirement comes into play, it will remain permanent. They won't introduce one only to take it away 2 years later. The yellow fever vaccination requirement has been in force for decades now. The only recent change is that a vaccination certificate (or it's exemption) is now valid for life instead of for 10 years as previously. Instead, MORE vaccines will be added over time. For instance, several Pacific Island nations/territories now require an MMR shot as a condition of entry since late 2019. This will never go away, in my opinion. Just as the Hajj pilgrimage requires several vaccines in order to be granted a visa, US green card holders need like 14 different vaccines (though exemptions are available) and Taiwan also mandates an MMR shot as a condition of being granted a long-term visa. 

Thailand will be first? LOL. Again you don't know what you're talking about.

Whatever happens, most countries will probably follow suit around the same time, and if anything, Australia could be one of the first to impose a vaccination requirement on entry.

That stated, all of this is far from certain. More than likely, a digital health passport will be required, which will contain information on testing, but not necessarily vaccination (at least not at this point).

Ticketek has already backtracked on it's comments about requiring proof of vaccination for attending sporting events. 

Your comments and tone would have been dismissed as "conspiracy theory" until early this year.

Of course many conspiracies are actually real and I have known for several years that there are plans underway to possibly eventually require vaccines to interact with society in many ways. HOWEVER, I don't think it will happen that easily or quickly, in spite of the speed at which restrictions have been put into place during this "pandemic". Implementing a travel vaccine requirement could happen, eventually. But it will take many more years before it goes beyond that. Expect huge opposition - I can't see it getting off the ground in most countries, especially not in the United States and many other western countries. 

Look at all the protests in the US and western countries against the current restrictions. Also, the governors refusing to impose restrictions in their states. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TSF said:

Most airlines will require proof, most country's immigration will require proof, many venues like theaters, stadiums, cinemas will require proof. The list will be lengthy...

I very much hope you are wrong on that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 2:43 PM, fishtank said:

Vaccine should be made compulsory everywhere.

No vac and you don't travel, go to pubs, restaurants, shops, gyms etc.

Fake document guys will be doing a roaring trade. What restaurant/ shop/ pub/ gym is going to be doing more than a glance at whatever is required?

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 2:21 PM, Lacessit said:

No problem with that, a sensible precaution. Now, if the countries that Qantas flies to will accept vaccinated passengers without quarantine.........

Why would they? Just because someone has been vaccinated it does not mean that the vaccine worked. There are going to be a certain % that it doesn't work on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Expect huge opposition - I can't see it getting off the ground in most countries, especially not in the United States and many other western countries. 

Quite right too. I've never been in a demo in my life but if they try to make it compulsory here I'll be in all of them.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just because someone test negative today does not mean they won't be infectious tomorrow. Short of testing everyone every day it's not the golden bullet, IMO.

Bingo!

Finally someone understands how useless random testing is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1