No vaccine, no entry – the next challenge of Covid-19

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

What restrictions will be imposed on those people who don’t have the vaccine, or even actively choose not to have the vaccine?

You gotta love the wording here haha - propaganda at its finest!! Choose not to have the vaccine or wont accept being forced to take it? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Anybody who chooses not to have the vaccine should not be let out of the asylum if they are that stupid – let alone being allowed to travel

I guess we will stay in there together then

The ones who are allowing themselves to be controlled are the dumbos, you just cant see it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Yes, according to a spokesman for Qantas not only will you require a vaccine shot before flying , but also a Covid 19 test.

So if that is the case, what is the point of the vaccine?

Possibly as the vaccine is not100%, surely then if you do have both 14 days quarantine won’t be required ?

Wonder if they will put it in your international shot record, and if it will be like the yellow fever, good for 10 years ...BUT.....fine print, not good for first 10 days..don't know about y'all but I have 6 shot records dating back till 1971. Somehow managed to keep them all (or wife did)..Have had to show a valid yellow fever certificate in many countries to get in..

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

My guess is that the anti-vaxers will change their attitudes when vast numbers have been vaccinated with no side effects and those vaccinated can travel anywhere internationally and do many activities without restrictions.

????????

Edited by Tech65
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Oxfords 20,000 test sample, 70-95% efficacy, no hospitalisation cases required after injection only very mild side effects. 

Stored at fridge temp, cheap, and easily distributed. 

What’s not to like. If it gives me my freedom back I’m in. 

I understand your sentiment from your personal point of view, but at what cost your freedom? And I dont mean financially

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I would think it’s inevitable and the next logical step. Either that or keep paying ridiculous COVID insurance premiums. Make your choice. 

They'll do both anyway. Charge you for an annual vaccine and keep covid in the insurance policy, even years down the line do you really think insurance companies will remove covid once its on? So inevitably you wont have a choice

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Chivas said:

I will be first in the queue once my age group is reached.

No vaccine no travel simple as.

If you want to continue with your conspiracy theories that's fine stay at home

Don't get in my way in that queue - you'll be trampled underfoot!  ???? Like you, I'm UK-based, awaiting my age group (65) to be eligible - bring it on!!!!!

Seriously, this is what I've been saying for a long time - when vaccines are available, most countries will (IMO) reestablish rules for acquiring visas /visa-free entry. Those rules may well include vaccination against Covid.

This principle is NOT new - I recall in the eighties, having several shots for work travel to parts of Asia / ME / Africa  - and being told to carry evidence of them - Yellow Fever for one.

I still have a book, issued by BA travel clinic in London full of such records.

I also think (another IMO) that Travel Insurance will be more expensive or even unavailable for those who choose not to be vaccinated.

My one caveat is the amount of testing on these new vaccines that will have been completed - obviously no evidence of long-term side effects will be available for a few years.

My personal feeling is that at my age, if something is going to slowly kill me so I die when I'm 75, I'd rather enjoy the next 10 years than endure them.

Pete Townshend sang "Hope I die 'fore I get old" - my take on it is "Hope I die 'fore I get too old to have fun"

And to the hard-core "Anti-Vaxxers" - Enjoy life in your open prison - I'll have one for you!

OOI, what do the medical fraternity, like, for example @Sheryl think??

Edited by VBF
  • Sad 1

You still have to show the yellow vaccination booklet in some places. I have mine and need to show it in some places where I go to work, especially the Yellow Fever vaccination requirement.

Edited by Yewbzee
addition
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, AMFWolfie said:

How is having a vaccine for COVID SARS going to be any different to Yellow Fever which has been around for years as anyone will know travelling to many countries. You either have it or don't go..

Who should have the yellow fever vaccine

The yellow fever vaccine is recommended for people from 9 months of age who are travelling to:

• an area where yellow fever is found, including parts of sub-Saharan Africa, South America, Central America and Trinidad in the Caribbean
  • a country that requires you to have a certificate proving you have been vaccinated against yellow fever

You should be vaccinated at least 10 days before you travel to allow enough time for the vaccine to work.

Erm because Yellow Fever vaccine is only for a few select countries, but Cov-Id19 will probably be for every countries entry

7 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

It’s looking likely that airlines may demand proof of vaccination. Qantas has already stated such 

https://www.ft.com/content/8a59043d-df0d-45c1-b870-2780f06c5d1e

Official proof of having the vaccine seems a very logical approach. However, I wonder what the practicalities of issuing 'official' documentation would be when the millions of vaccinations take place?  The tremendous effort of just giving the vaccinations to the masses will be a very formidable task never mind the filling in of an official form for every person!

And an 'international' form in the same format for all languages seems unlikely -- which may cause a problem for Thai Immigration officials who would be required to scrutinise such a form -- especially seeing many are not . . . 'multi-lingual' in speech never mind the written word!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Time to grow said:

What makes you think it's a one time investment? We have already been told at least two shots will be required and no evidence as to how long it lasts has been offered.

Ok, lets say a shot cost 5000 THB and I need 2 shots and that will protect me for a year. I would go for it - at least if Thailand opens the borders again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

You have NO right to fly. Got it? Are you going to next say it is against the law if they stop you from flying with your AK-47? Drivers licenses are compulsory in most countries... here it is loose enforcement to say the least... but in countries with rule of law, it is required. Do you have a Thai drivers license? Do insurance companies require you to have a drivers license?

How can you be so proud of being pig headed and not doing such a simple thing as wearing a mask to prevent deaths of yourself or others?

I suppose we could hope for some Darwin awards for those who think they can avoid virus by sheer will power. cull the herd of those who won't adapt

Even if one person is not sick (no synthons whatsoever) nor infected? I mean HEALTHY?

Can you explain? ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, lets say a shot cost 5000 THB and I need 2 shots and that will protect me for a year. I would go for it - at least if Thailand opens the borders again.

Without "crowing" any UK-based  members (especially we old gits!) will almost certainly get it free on the NHS ????

Like my flu shot which I had 2 weeks ago

Should I start the crowdfunding now for those who may need the money to pay for the injection.  We could call it the Expat COVID-19 remuneration fund to assist those who need support for the vaccination...........yes sarcasm.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tech65 said:

I am expat in Thailand and I see nothing to laugh about it...????

A few of us actually like needles.  No problem with them. If I didn’t like needles, I  wouldn’t be a blood donor, and I sure would not have gotten my Sak Yant tattoos from the monk.  He used Khem Sak with a double pointed spike thing on the end of a brass rod. 
 Vaccine shots don’t bother me at all.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Talk about putting the cart before the horse. Not one person ( other than in trials ) has been vaccinated yet and 8 billion to go.

Don't panic, no carts have been put before any horses.  This is just a question posed by The Thaiger, it's not a policy that has been implemented and the introduction of such a potential requirement has not even been suggested by those who could do so.

Edited by Tick Nurner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

It’s looking likely that airlines may demand proof of vaccination. Qantas has already stated such 

https://www.ft.com/content/8a59043d-df0d-45c1-b870-2780f06c5d1e

Not only that but the aussie govt has also stated they are giving serious consideration to banning any international travel ( whether into or out of australia ) if you cannot provide proof of covid vaccination.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1