Leo Beer

One of the things I've always liked about Leo is the lack of hangovers, presumably because of the lack of chemical additives.

No so now, I'm getting hangovers like I do with other beers.

Does anyone know if they've changed the recipe - perhaps to give a longer shelf life as less is being sold at the moment?       

And, if it HAS changed, is there any beer that's still chemical free?

Thanks 

Dunno tried all many different beers in 15 years here, maybe you should try other beers.  

I just stick with Chang which I always preferred. 

Everyone different and like things that others don't like in numerous things. 

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Dunno tried all many different beers in 15 years here, maybe you should try other beers.  

I just stick with Chang which I always preferred. 

Everyone different and like things that others don't like in numerous things. 

I like many of the beers I just prefer a chemical-free one.  I've come to think that Leo isn't now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

What a sad issue to go through life worrying/thinking about.

Hangovers are usually caused by drinking too much.

Leo hasn't changed.  Try less and see what happens.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Alcohol tolerance does decrease with age. Perhaps it is the OP that has changed, not the Leo.

My consumption hasn't changed much, it's reduced if anything.  And this changed too suddenly for age to be a factor.

I have tried to ask the brewery, but their contact form is faulty, the top dropdown doesn't and that's that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

My consumption hasn't changed much, it's reduced if anything.  And this changed too suddenly for age to be a factor.

I have tried to ask the brewery, but their contact form is faulty, the top dropdown doesn't and that's that.

Fair enough.

Are you taking any medications or change medications?

Anyway,  beer gives me a headache and acid reflux so I stopped.

3 hours ago, DefaultName said:

One of the things I've always liked about Leo is the lack of hangovers, presumably because of the lack of chemical additives.

Does anyone know if they've changed the recipe - perhaps to give a longer shelf life as less is being sold at the moment?       

Thanks 

German beers are chemical free

I've found that Tiger Light/Crystal doesn't give me a hangover in the morning though "Normal" Tiger does (as well as tasting like p155). 

Singha Light is ok as well but since they've changed the name to My Beer (or what sounds to most waitresses as Mai Beer... No Beer, which bright spark thought that through) I don't drink it as often. 

San Miguel Light is also ok, but I find it gives me heartburn after 3-4 bottles so never able to drink enough to get a hangover the next morning. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I've found that Tiger Light/Crystal doesn't give me a hangover in the morning though "Normal" Tiger does (as well as tasting like p155). 

Singha Light is ok as well but since they've changed the name to My Beer (or what sounds to most waitresses as Mai Beer... No Beer, which bright spark thought that through) I don't drink it as often. 

San Miguel Light is also ok, but I find it gives me heartburn after 3-4 bottles so never able to drink enough to get a hangover the next morning. 

Thanks, I'll give Tiger Light a go.

4 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Thanks 

Think one of the problems is the age of the beer because of the lower turnover.

Double check the date as I nearly bought a case that was already nine months old.

They do say that lager can last a couple of years in the bottle if it is stored correctly but I think it does start to deteriorate after about six months, even if only slightly, espacially here in Thailand

Cheers

Edited by MarkT63
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

San Miguel Pale Pilsen in the shorter brown bottles.

san-miguel-pale-pilsen.png.8ec49db926205f26c0f60879c0762876.png

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Don't believe it.

I am the same. I also can drink as much as I want. I drink only beer. I will be still able to do complicated things. I can write business emails for instance that I couldn't have written better. I don't get drunken. I just get tired. Then the alcohol forces me to sleep. And the next morning I wake up fit. I even can swim longer than without the alcohol the evening before.  Perhaps it is because I drink a lot of liquid without alcohol during the day. But I can't drink with friends because of this. While they are drunken already and act accordingly I am still fully concentrated and destroy their great mood... 

• Thanks 1

I don't think that they've changed their beer. But there's a new one, a bit stronger on the market. It's called strong brew. 

It tastes much better than Chang, or other brands. I think I'll never understand how people can drink Chang beer. 

I have the same problem. I can't drink as many as I could when I was younger.

Two big bottles of Leo is my limit. Just don't drink more. 

Leo strong  brew.jpg