Water proof box setup

carlyai

I've gotta rearrange some wiring and put it in a wall mounted waterproof box.

Some of the things in the box will be: incoming single phase circuit breaker on/off switches to pumps, pump contactor and overload, under/over voltage protector, Arduino processor, Arduino power supply, current sensor and waterflow sensor (outside the box), relays and push buttons.

Plan A:  So to start off I was thinking of getting a large waterproof plastic box (in the power section of Global House) and a couple of DIN rails from Lazada and going from there.

Good plan A?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, carlyai said:

I've gotta rearrange some wiring and put it in a wall mounted waterproof box.

Some of the things in the box will be: incoming single phase circuit breaker on/off switches to pumps, pump contactor and overload, under/over voltage protector, Arduino processor, Arduino power supply, current sensor and waterflow sensor (outside the box), relays and push buttons.

Plan A:  So to start off I was thinking of getting a large waterproof plastic box (in the power section of Global House) and a couple of DIN rails from Lazada and going from there.

Good plan A?

Don’t expect any box that has penetrations to be really waterproof there is a virtual guarantee that there will be water in there at some time so provide drainage to the box.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Don’t expect any box that has penetrations to be really waterproof there is a virtual guarantee that there will be water in there at some time so provide drainage to the box.

I would try to have all entry from the bottom - so if it comes in from the bottom it can go out the same way.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

I would try to have all entry from the bottom - so if it comes in from the bottom it can go out the same way.  

That is good advice but the water could also be condensation rather than just water ingress so the drainage should be separate from any other entrance holes, though don’t forget that ants love electrical fittings so both netting for the drainage and ant power should be part of the install,

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...