Tourist Visa from London Embassy

Hi

As a first step, a friend wants to apply for a tourist visa from the Royal Thai Embassy in London. Unfortunately they cannot find the application page or a list of requirements.

I can't get anywhere with their website either.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

1 minute ago, blackcab said:

Hi

As a first step, a friend wants to apply for a tourist visa from the Royal Thai Embassy in London. Unfortunately they cannot find the application page or a list of requirements.

A visa to visit Thailand?

A moot point as you can't get into Thailand.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/page/cate-7742-visa-consular-services?menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

or are you talking about a visit to the UK?

https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

RAZZ

7 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Unfortunately they cannot find the application page or a list of requirements.

It is the last one on this page. https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

The first step will be to apply for a certificate of entry here. https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

• Thanks 1

@ubonjoeThe applicant doesn't have a Tourist Visa, and on the COE application page it states that a visa must be obtained before applying for the COE.

How do they apply for a tourist visa from the embassy in London? I can't find any information on the embassy website about how to apply.

Here is a screenshot from the COE website:

Screenshot_20201124-113321_Chrome.jpg

EDIT: I think the online application page for the visa is here:

https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/SignUpIndividual

8 minutes ago, blackcab said:

@ubonjoeThe applicant doesn't have a Tourist Visa, and on the COE application page it states that a visa must be obtained before applying for the COE.

It can be started without the visa. If you read further it says you can.

9 minutes ago, blackcab said:

EDIT: I think the online application page for the visa is here:

https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/SignUpIndividual

That is the page to do the registration.

The main page is here. https://thaievisa.go.th/Home/

I suggest he have a look at the instruction manual first. Or have it open as he goes through process of dong the application. Many people have had problems doing it.

Just checked the Cardiff Consulate regarding Single Entry Tourist Visa 

The Cardiff Consulate has been closed since March, but now open by appointment.

From the web site -

“The Thai Government are now allowing a select number of tourists to enter Thailand, this also applies to U.K Nationals. These applicants can apply for a Single Entry Tourist Visa Only (30 day visa exemption is still suspended), however, they must meet strict qualifying criteria, prior to booking an appointment applicants must send in advance the following by e-mail to [email protected]

1) Passport copy

2) Application form (this can be downloaded from our website, follow the link at the bottom of the page)

3) UK Bank statements from previous 6 months showing a balance exceeding 3000 GBP during the whole period, if travelling as a couple with joint bank account then the amount is 5000 GBP.

4) Utility Bill showing residency in Wales (this is due to travel restrictions set by the Welsh/English Governments differing - and likely to change)

Once we confirm everything is in order, we will contact you to arrange an appointment, where you will need to bring with you

1) Passport with minimum 6 months remaining from the date you are due to depart from Thailand

2) 2 Recent passport photos

3) 50 GBP Cash to cover visa and admin fee

Once you receive the visa you must then book your Insurance (this must include minimum 100,000 usd cover for medical costs associated with Covid-19), flights, and your 14 day quarantine (at your expense) in the Alternative State Quarantine in Chonburi (prices start at 27,000 Baht), you can then apply for the Certificate of Entry, unfortunately we cannot assist with the Certificate Of Entry or ASQ Booking, however further details can be found by following the below links”

It appears flight and hotel bookings are not required for the visa application!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tim16 said:

Just checked the Cardiff Consulate regarding Single Entry Tourist Visa 

The Cardiff Consulate has been closed since March, but now open by appointment.

From the web site -

“The Thai Government are now allowing a select number of tourists to enter Thailand, this also applies to U.K Nationals. These applicants can apply for a Single Entry Tourist Visa Only (30 day visa exemption is still suspended), however, they must meet strict qualifying criteria, prior to booking an appointment applicants must send in advance the following by e-mail to [email protected]

1) Passport copy

2) Application form (this can be downloaded from our website, follow the link at the bottom of the page)

3) UK Bank statements from previous 6 months showing a balance exceeding 3000 GBP during the whole period, if travelling as a couple with joint bank account then the amount is 5000 GBP.

4) Utility Bill showing residency in Wales (this is due to travel restrictions set by the Welsh/English Governments differing - and likely to change)

Once we confirm everything is in order, we will contact you to arrange an appointment, where you will need to bring with you

1) Passport with minimum 6 months remaining from the date you are due to depart from Thailand

2) 2 Recent passport photos

3) 50 GBP Cash to cover visa and admin fee

Once you receive the visa you must then book your Insurance (this must include minimum 100,000 usd cover for medical costs associated with Covid-19), flights, and your 14 day quarantine (at your expense) in the Alternative State Quarantine in Chonburi (prices start at 27,000 Baht), you can then apply for the Certificate of Entry, unfortunately we cannot assist with the Certificate Of Entry or ASQ Booking, however further details can be found by following the below links”

It appears flight and hotel bookings are not required for the visa application!

Seems so daft that the English Consulates are still closed  because of our idiotic policies. I always thought the UK (ie the United Kingdoms) was one country devolution has divided us significantly

Edited by RobU
repetitive use of the word daft changed to idiotic
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, blackcab said:

@ubonjoe Is there a way of applying for the Tourist Visa first? My friend doesn't really want to start the COE process with all the expenditure that entails without being in possession of a visa.

He can but he would not get very far doing the application without the flight confirmation and the $100k covid 19 insurance proof.

The COE application can be started without the visa and they issue a pen number to complete the application after the visa is issued.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He can but he would not get very far doing the application without the flight confirmation and the $100k covid 19 insurance proof.

The COE application can be started without the visa and they issue a pen number to complete the application after the visa is issued.

You are not wrong many times UJ but here you are. Uploading the visa is part of stage 1 of the COE, process. You cannot pass Stage 1 and get the 6 digit pin without it. The process is apply for the TV. As part of that they ask you to enter flight and accomodation details. Many people are creating a proposed booking and taking a screenshot and uploading that. Some are booking the flight and ASQ and uploading.

Once  you are issued the visa you upload to the COE site at Stage 1 along with passport, visa details. You given a 6 digit Pin to check progress. After you are pre approved you upload insurance, flight and ASQ to get the COE.

Edit from the main COE page

After visa has been granted, tourist visa holders have to apply for the certificate of entry at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ , with submission of bank statements, health insurance, confirmed flight and ASQ hotel booking, as stated above. 

Edited by jimn
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, blackcab said:

Hi

For tourism purpose (single entry tourist visa only)

While Thailand still puts in place travel restriction, tourists who meet the requirements below can apply for single entry tourist visa at www.thaievisa.go.th and the Certificate of Entry to go to Thailand.  

Required documents : 

1. Your passport copy 
  2. Travel booking confirmation
  3. Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand (All tourists are subject to 14-day quarantined at ASQ hotels at their own expenses.)
  4. UK/Irish bank statements with sufficient fund to cover your trip to Thailand
  5. Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card
  6. Copy of health insurance policy which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses in Thailand no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand
  7. Declaration form

What you need to present at airlines check-in counter and upon arrival in Thailand:

1. The Certificate of Entry 
  2. Declaration for
  3. Fit to Fly health certificate, issued within 72 hours before departure – this is a statement by a doctor that you are free from symptoms and fit to fly (must be separate from COVID test)
  4. COVID-19 test result, with a laboratory output indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure
  5. Copy of your health insurance policy which covers COVID-19 and no less than 100,000 USD
  6. Copy of your confirmed booking at an ASQ hotel
  7. T.8 form 

For convenience, applicants for tourist visa can also apply for visa at the Royal Thai Consulates.

After visa has been granted, tourist visa holders have to apply for the certificate of entry at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ , with submission of bank statements, health insurance, confirmed flight and ASQ hotel booking, as stated above. 

Requirements for Certificate of Entry during travel restriction - Royal Thai Embassy, London

• Thanks 1

I tried to apply for non o single entry based on staying with family who reside there etc and their site goes to invalid visa when I click on visa choice and won’t then let me proceed . Says type of passport ,purpose of visit which I can choose from then says type of visa and length of stay , none of last two parts will it let me choose . I can’t apply for COE without the visa or then book ASQ etc. ????

9 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

I tried to apply for non o single entry based on staying with family who reside there etc and their site goes to invalid visa when I click on visa choice and won’t then let me proceed . Says type of passport ,purpose of visit which I can choose from then says type of visa and length of stay , none of last two parts will it let me choose . I can’t apply for COE without the visa or then book ASQ etc. ????

Is this what you're expecting to see?

image.png.3685f7dd07f6fb5d9265a9d688615e51.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Yes except when I try click visa type and entries it won’t let me enter anything but first two choices work .

Go back to the opening page and select the option to edit an existing application (or something like that).  On that screen you will see any historical applications, even though they were incomplete or you never realised you had saved them.  You may have to edit date ranges or something else to see them.  Delete any old ones, then go back and start again and you should be able to select your desired visa type hopefully.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, treetops said:

Go back to the opening page and select the option to edit an existing application (or something like that).  On that screen you will see any historical applications, even though they were incomplete or you never realised you had saved them.  You may have to edit date ranges or something else to see them.  Delete any old ones, then go back and start again and you should be able to select your desired visa type hopefully.

Still same unfortunately. I click staying with family who reside etc more than 60 days and then it shows visa type non o but won’t put it in selection box and then says invalid visa type ! ????

Just now, ronaldo0 said:

Still same unfortunately. I click staying with family who reside etc more than 60 days and then it shows visa type non o but won’t put it in selection box and then says invalid visa type ! ????

Did you find any old/partial applications to delete?  If there was a few it might be worth looking again as the screen does not auto-refresh.  And did you open up the date ranges sufficiently to when you might have just even played about with it in the past?

I'm not doubting what you've done, it's just the symptoms seem so similar to something I came across when using the system.

14 minutes ago, treetops said:

Did you find any old/partial applications to delete?  If there was a few it might be worth looking again as the screen does not auto-refresh.  And did you open up the date ranges sufficiently to when you might have just even played about with it in the past?

I'm not doubting what you've done, it's just the symptoms seem so similar to something I came across when using the system.

Yeah I’m pretty sure I deleted all the date ranges unless there was one from months ago but I doubt it . Will check from last six months but I’m sure I only done it first time yesterday. Emailed the embassy yesterday to ask them and to send me a link to do a postal application also. I’m not looking to leave until just after new year so no great hurry but thought would do visa early with xmas etc coming up . 

25 minutes ago, treetops said:

And now even when I pick staying with family residing more than 90 days it says invalid visa or type before I even get to trying to pick non o section. 

1 hour ago, treetops said:

At last I finally figured it ???? . I deleted the old ones etc but when I tried to do a new application it would stop me at same stage as before. What I done when it said that was save and on the page where it gives you visa choice and length I clicked edit on that page not on the edit application or submit new application at the start . It then allows you to pick non o and single ????. Thanks ????????

On 11/25/2020 at 1:37 AM, ubonjoe said:

In my case (Thai Consulate Frankfurt) it was just the other way:

First I needed the visa, once received ,I applied for CoE and received a pre-clearance in an instance (1 hour). Now I am asked to book my ASQ and flights in a time period of no more than 15 days after receipt of pre-clearance - otherwise application has to be done again.

After that I should mail proof of ASQ and flight and will receive my CoE.

On 11/25/2020 at 2:26 PM, Lokie said:

Phhew...  having done Visa's over the years at Hull (used to be a Breeze) and watched some of the show while whiling my life away sat waiting 'in the London Dungoen' observing some of the dramas unfolding at the counters when applicants who have travelled a fair distance and at cost are told 'No can Mister/Mizz' Just reading the above is enough to put anybody off and thats before they even start getting into Covid situation and all that entails....? Unless your life depends on it Why Bother at moment???

I too have had my issues with the London Embassy in the past. But I have to be fair and say my whole online visa and CoE process with them, this time, was a miracle of efficiency and instant service. My hat off to them as I was jaded by previous experiences and they way exceeded my expectations this time.

HI Maybe someone can help with a related question.

I am looking to enter Thailand with Tourist Visa connected to having Thai National Family.

I have completed the online visa process and it shows as complete.

There is then a button to submit and the only options that then pop up are post or in person.

When I select post it just lists the documents that I have already submitted online.

So I am now confused; Have I done what I need to do for the Visa online, or is their a second part of the process where I also need to send stuff via post?

Any assistance would be much appreciated

10 hours ago, RolandoStig said:

HI Maybe someone can help with a related question.

I am looking to enter Thailand with Tourist Visa connected to having Thai National Family.

I have completed the online visa process and it shows as complete.

There is then a button to submit and the only options that then pop up are post or in person.

When I select post it just lists the documents that I have already submitted online.

So I am now confused; Have I done what I need to do for the Visa online, or is their a second part of the process where I also need to send stuff via post?

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Yes – you have to submit copies of all the documents listed by post, as well as your passport. Send by special delivery. You next step is the payment page after your payment goes through you can check status, it should say paid. There will be 2 pdfs to download one for receipt of payment and the other to confirm appointment, although you are submitting by post download and print both documents and send with the other documents. The one to confirm appointment has the bar code.

9 hours ago, Tim16 said:

Yes – you have to submit copies of all the documents listed by post, as well as your passport. Send by special delivery. You next step is the payment page after your payment goes through you can check status, it should say paid. There will be 2 pdfs to download one for receipt of payment and the other to confirm appointment, although you are submitting by post download and print both documents and send with the other documents. The one to confirm appointment has the bar code.

Required Documents (from 15 June 2019):

- Passport/Travel Document which must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of  application for single entry, or at least 1 year for multiple entry, and has at least 2 blank pages. Applicants must fill in online visa application with their given name(s) and surname as appear in their passports.

- Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code

- Copies of supporting documents 

- Fee for return post of £10 in cash only and the return address, or enclose stamped and addressed envelope (recommended to use the postage stamps rather than a franking stamp from the post office as franking stamps can only be used on the date of purchase) 

Please send the documents by Royal Mail Special Delivery (

Edited by Tim16

Im in the process to do the Turist Visa.

Everything is clear buy I've dobuts on the insurance.

Some one on facebook has been refused cause he had only covid insurance so now he is making a second general heath insurance. Is it possibile to being accepted with two insurances?

Can someone point me to an insurance company that has been accepted for a TV that eventually have a cancellation or date change policy in the case my COE is rejected?