• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warning to those who buy Air Asia tickets. They will not give you a refund. If you want to change the date then they charge you about 50% of the value of the ticket. No where do they give you a warnin

AirAsia has no customer service - literally. Zero.   The only phone number if they still display it is in India and multiple reports say there is never an answer. This is probably

Yes they do. Their terms and conditions are easily the best part of 2-pages of A4 but it is ALL in there.

26 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Yes they do. Their terms and conditions are easily the best part of 2-pages of A4 but it is ALL in there.

When you buy a ticket they do not give you a copy of their terms and conditions. How are you supposed to know what their restrictions are. I decided to buy Air Asia for the first time as they were cheaper than Thai Smile. Now I know that cheaper could be more expensive.  I can't make the trip so I have to loose all that I paid unless I want to pay 50% more for change of date.  I classify Air Asia as a rip off. Enough for me for ever.

• Like 2

I am a big fan of Viet Jet now.

I recently had to change a ticket less then 24 hours from my original flight.

The ticket was originally 3,000 b and they charged me 500 b to make the change.

Very clear and easy to do online.

• Like 2

Did you book with a credit card? I booked to go the Tokyo Olympics and AirAsia gave me the runaround good and proper, clearly were NOT interested in refunding the cash when the Games were cancelled - they only offered to travel on a different date (no thanks) or to be redeemed in AirAsia points, which I read were a big con, so no thanks again

My mate said if I'd booked with a bank credit card the bank would secure the refund for me. I had! So In contacted the bank and after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I got all my money back

9 minutes ago, pomozki said:

Did you book with a credit card? I booked to go the Tokyo Olympics and AirAsia gave me the runaround good and proper, clearly were NOT interested in refunding the cash when the Games were cancelled - they only offered to travel on a different date (no thanks) or to be redeemed in AirAsia points, which I read were a big con, so no thanks again

My mate said if I'd booked with a bank credit card the bank would secure the refund for me. I had! So In contacted the bank and after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I got all my money back

I booked with AMEX so I will contact them. Thanks.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, DonaldBattles said:

When you buy a ticket they do not give you a copy of their terms and conditions. How are you supposed to know what their restrictions are. I decided to buy Air Asia for the first time as they were cheaper than Thai Smile. Now I know that cheaper could be more expensive.  I can't make the trip so I have to loose all that I paid unless I want to pay 50% more for change of date.  I classify Air Asia as a rip off. Enough for me for ever.

Assuming you bought the ticket online, the 3-to-5 page document includes the ticket, receipt and these terms and conditions; each and every ticket sold has this as part of the CONTRACT that you signed when you clicked "OK". You breached the contract.

Now, if you considered AirAsia solely on price over Thai Smile and was not aware that totally unlike Thai Smile, it is a Low-Cost Carrier serving point-to-point and does not offer the same freedoms for travel flexibility, then where on earth have you been for the last 26 years that AirAsia have been in business?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My August Air Asia return flight BKK to MLN was cancelled a few days prior to departure date, as expected. I contacted the online agents and eventually got a voucher and payment for the return leg. But nothing for the outward journey. Yet. Live in hope, die in hope.