New job only 3 pages (sides) left in passport

Hi,

I'm moving employer from a BOI to a non-BOI company but I only have 3 pages (sides) left in my passport.  Should thise pose any problem, or will that be adequate?

Starting on Jan 3rd, so not sure if I'd have enough time to apply for a new passport first.

Thanks

46 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Some countries you can extend your passport as with my old American passport at the Embassy by them adding blank pages to it, but this was done years ago, worth a try.

They stopped adding pages about 3 years ago. So not an option anymore.

I think the US may of been the only country doing it when they did. I have never heard of another country doing it.

I agree, you should only need one - two blank pages. However, in the near future you might need more blank pages, so why not go ahead and get a new passport? When my passport was almost full, I went to my local USA Consulate/Embassy and filled out the paperwork and it only took them two weeks and I had a brand new passport full of pages. The entire process was so easy to do. Then after that, I took my old and new passport, plus a letter from the Embassy, to the local Immigration, so they can transfer all of the needed information from the old to the new passport. That process didn't take long either. From what you said, it sounds like you have more then enough time to accomplish this. To be on the safe side, just go to your local Consulate/Embassy and find out what is required and the time it takes for the process. I did mine last year. 

On 11/25/2020 at 10:51 AM, Crazy Noobie said:

I agree, you should only need one - two blank pages. However, in the near future you might need more blank pages, so why not go ahead and get a new passport? When my passport was almost full, I went to my local USA Consulate/Embassy and filled out the paperwork and it only took them two weeks and I had a brand new passport full of pages. The entire process was so easy to do. Then after that, I took my old and new passport, plus a letter from the Embassy, to the local Immigration, so they can transfer all of the needed information from the old to the new passport. That process didn't take long either. From what you said, it sounds like you have more then enough time to accomplish this. To be on the safe side, just go to your local Consulate/Embassy and find out what is required and the time it takes for the process. I did mine last year. 

UK passport, process can be longer as we have to send our passport off, which can take weeks. 

I want to ensure I have my passport for the process to get the new visa/cancel old, so I'll get a new passport once that is complete.

15 minutes ago, Millian said:

UK passport, process can be longer as we have to send our passport off, which can take weeks. 

They give your passport back you passport when you apply for your passport at the VFS office now. The procedure changed several years ago. Go through the steps here for info. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

18 hours ago, Millian said:

I want to ensure I have my passport for the process to get the new visa/cancel old, so I'll get a new passport once that is complete.

You don't send your passport off, as in Thailand you must have your passport at all times. When you go to the UK Consulate/Embassy and fill out all of the paperwork and so on, they let you keep your passport. Once the new one comes back and you go in to collect it, that it is when they will void out your old passport. Which you get to keep, because of all of the immigration information that is still in it. 

Archived