Question about TAXES for next year in COVID-19 situation

I have a question that maybe there is no easy answer yet, but if someone is in the same situation and has any clue…

Is concerned about this year Personal Taxes (PND-91)

Next year I will have to renew my WP and Visa, but since March my company made all the staff start working only half day (and of course half salary).

One of the requirements to renew is Tax return from my last work permit (so this year). Failing this requirement, will seriously prejudice my application to renew my work permit and Visa to stay here.

I am from Europe, so in my case (50.000/month). I work in a company (BOI), not as a teacher. But now since March is half (+o- 25.000/month)

What options do I have?

1-      Ask to company to prepare the papers as I was getting pay 50.000 and pay it?

2-      Pay my taxes as they are and hope that they will understand the situation of this year?

3-      Start looking for a Visa agent who can pay under table the officer…? 55555 joking

I would appreciate any good advice.

Thank

I am not familiar with BOI rules, but I do know that for my extension, I must show tax receipts to the government (the social security filings, if I remember correctly) that are based on the full salary required for the extension. If the company has been filing those documents with the government at the new rate of 25,000 per month, then you have an issue. If they have been filing the documents at the previous rate of 50,000 per month, but only paying you 25,000, then you are okay.

I would not expect the IO to make an exception for the COVID situation, so you may want to actually go and ask if exceptions are being made.

12 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

my company told me tax will be in august for this year. 

Oh, right! I forgot this nuance. The IO might review only the last three months of receipts for your income (in the form of your tax receipts). In my case, they require the previous three months of social security receipts for my Thai employees to ensure I qualify for the "4 Thai employees per work permit" requirement. So, possibly, you only need to be concerned about the three months prior to your application.

46 minutes ago, timendres said:

I am not familiar with BOI rules, but I do know that for my extension, I must show tax receipts to the government (the social security filings, if I remember correctly) that are based on the full salary required for the extension. If the company has been filing those documents with the government at the new rate of 25,000 per month, then you have an issue. If they have been filing the documents at the previous rate of 50,000 per month, but only paying you 25,000, then you are okay.

I would not expect the IO to make an exception for the COVID situation, so you may want to actually go and ask if exceptions are being made.

As I understood here is.... they don't care how much the company pay me, we want you to pay the taxes or whatever as it is 50.000, right?

Anyway all my Social security has been the max amount (750b/month) only some months that I guess it was the Social Security Office who changed the % to everyone who was working because of the covid... some months 150, last month 300 b, but the rest it was always the max amount allowed to pay...

36 minutes ago, Joseph98765 said:

As I understood here is.... they don't care how much the company pay me, we want you to pay the taxes or whatever as it is 50.000, right?

Anyway all my Social security has been the max amount (750b/month) only some months that I guess it was the Social Security Office who changed the % to everyone who was working because of the covid... some months 150, last month 300 b, but the rest it was always the max amount allowed to pay...

That is not quite correct. The reason they look at those SS receipts is because they show the salary used to compute the SS. In other words, it is the method they use to validate the salary. I know they use SS receipts to verify my employee head count. For my salary, I am not so sure, because my agent handles all of it. Possibly they use my year end income report (50 ทวิ) for that. Either way, it would be smart to contact the IO to verify things.

5 minutes ago, timendres said:

That is not quite correct. The reason they look at those SS receipts is because they show the salary used to compute the SS. In other words, it is the method they use to validate the salary. I know they use SS receipts to verify my employee head count. For my salary, I am not so sure, because my agent handles all of it. Possibly they use my year end income report for that. Either way, it would be smart to contact the IO to verify things.

You employees are foreigners or Thais?

Archived