Female teacher assaults students with sticks "with all her might"

webfact

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You call striking a child discipline.  Wow obviously your not a "spare the rod but spoil the child" individual, instead you sound like a person who grew up in a military run household, who was given the rod for saying a course word to your mother or father.  Thrashing a child is inappropriate and is a culture that this country has instilled, and still uses daily in institutions and homes.  Time to prosecute the hell out of teachers who strike children, as well as holding the administration responsible for a failed leadership role and not holding the teacher to a higher standard.  School is where an education should be given, not a beating because the teacher was <deleted> off because their word was challenged.  No wonder the kids are protesting, yes they are even being called "Bad Students" by this Government full of dinosaurs who wish to rule the country by fear and prejudice.  Wrong century here time to move forward and not backwards.

I was born in the army I thought violence was a way of life, Discipline they called it then obviously carried on from the army

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

I'm taking the opposite tack here, I would not be surprised if those students were quite nasty. Sorry of that bursts your bubble. Good to see that teacher instilling discipline. A lot of those students need a good wack upside the head with a T square. :thumbsup:  

I agree. As long as you don’t injure the kid. 

we used to cop it at school, it was good for discipline. The teachers who did it had better behaved classes. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

They stopped doing in Oz about 25 years ago. Since then their has been a massive increase in “mental illness”. Too soft, precious little self entitled angels can’t cope.

Spare the rod spoil the child.

Bring it back, harden them up. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

I'm so happy this type of teachers are in the spotlight recently....... Just a 'PITY' that this may still be continuing in Burma, Laos, Cambodia. maybe other 'Middle Eastern' countries...... These teachers consider themselves 'Gods', Or maybe "hangmen'.... SAD....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The 32 second clip - now removed - showed what the media called a "cruel teacher" hitting the hands of students sitting at desks

So the parents have gone to the police to make a report?

Edited by hotchilli

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m glad society is recognising this issue. Its now time that ALL schools where such punishment is dished out are penalised, not just the teachers but the directors and administrators - its only when those at the top are held accountable that those below can be forced to behave responsibly. 

Yes, but don't forget that a protester who highlighted sexual assault and violence in schools was condemned by dinosaurs for damaging the image of Thailand. Best to hush it up and pretend it never happens, rather than it happens on an almost daily basis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back in 1964, I had a maths teacher who liked to hurl text books at the students.

In our last few weeks before leaving school he went ballistic.

He tossed a book at a mate of mine, who sent it back the same way

Needless to say we had a relaxing time after the fool was knocked out.

The moral we learnt was dont toss things at agro pupils :annoyed:

If they start to remove all the misbehaving teachers from schools across Thailand, there will be an extreme teacher shortage.

All know this.

Be that beating kids, or groping kids, humiliation by cutting into hair, or raping kids...

Most parents won't do much neither.

In villages where there is one school and the teacher is the "pee" right in lvl of pooyai baa and policeman...

21 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I wonder if the 2 female MP's are gonna be up in arms about this outrage as much as they were about the young lady/model/influencer protesting about sexual and physical abuse in the kingdom's schools.

Probably not.

It's so wrong they put this in the news ..the teacher hitting the kids with the stick....because that will damage the reputation of Thai schools. 

They clearly think teacher can do what they like to children...physically abuse them, molest them, bully and humiliate them, injure them etc...that is all good and well....so long as no one shows it ....loss of face. 

They have things backwards here many times. 

• Like 1

Eye for an Eye, before she's frogmarched out of the school & banned from teaching for life. She should be forced to endure the same punishment. Dished out by the same pupils that she abused. Cameras in mobile phones is such a great way to introduce accountability. Be warned other abusers your days are limited.

6 hours ago, jaiyen said:

This is one of the reasons the students are protesting, They have been through the system and seen this sort of thing happening repeatedly.

If i can believe most teachers, it be hard not hitting them after hearing the stories lol. As far I can remember they did this back home too and those generations behave much better than the new ones.

Our teacher would be that scary, if angry, he wouldn't need to do more. Could hear him scream on the other side of the village.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

10 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If i can believe most teachers, it be hard not hitting them after hearing the stories lol. As far I can remember they did this back home too and those generations behave much better than the new ones.

Our teacher would be that scary, if angry, he wouldn't need to do more. Could hear him scream on the other side of the village.

Basically you are endorsing abuse brutality and assaults on children by those in power. 

Physically assaulting children is never acceptable and does not inspire learning.