Modifying headlights can cost motorists up to Bt50,000 in fines

webfact

"...It also violates the 1979 Land Transport Act, which stipulates a maximum penalty of Bt50,000 for adding objects to vehicles that can harm other people’s physical or mental health,” she added...."

Like in-laws, screaming & whining kids, etc.?  Am I still OK with my machete windshield wipers?

image.png.e768d08f7356e05925ec3b3ad22e3f93.png

• Haha 2

In this part of the country you very rarely see a Policeman after 5pm, so they do t see any lights at all ! 

Usual problem, total lack of enforcement.

On any given day, you will see a minimum of 6 motorcycles without rear lights in a 20 minute journey after 7pm. (around here).Loads of other violations but nothing ever seen to be done about it.

• Like 1

Last night as I returned from my evening run at 8 pm, I watched as many motorcycles without lights on, either front or back or even clearance lights went whizzing by on Rama 4 rd.  At the Thai/Belgian fly over I watched as a fast approaching car, without lights on, nearly ran over a motorbike who had transitioned in front of the car.  Obviously the rider either never saw the car because of no lights or did not check.  Could have been very disastrous.  I will never understand why they choose to ride with the proper lighting devices lit during times of darkness.  Maybe they just do not have the money to replace the burned out lights, whatever, they are still culpable even if they get run over.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Another flash in the pan crackdown, I really don't know why they bother announcing it, nothing is ever done to address the problem, Thailand the country where you do as you please and no one cares.

my feelings/thoughts too, i am always saying to my lady friend "they just do what they want here"

• Like 1

So what, another rule that will never be enforced correctly, it will just provide some extra pocket money for the BIB. Remember the film you are allowed on your car windows? Well 75+ % I see on a daily base are not conform to the law, how is that possible? Only one answer <deleted>ty police force.

56 minutes ago, pattjock said:

What about the illegal tinted windows, at least 90% of Thai cars have tinted windows above the limit. Very dangerous when driving at night.

It's actually the heavily tinted windscreens that keep me off the roads at night. I can cope with all these bizarrely lit vehicles, at least I can see them.

But can their drivers see me?

Edited by Moonlover

Two thoughts on this subject.

First is the vendor carts that ride around at dusk, dawn and at night with little, no or ineffective lighting.  Accidents waiting to happen!

Next is the possible sleep inducing lighting used in many vehicles from strobing lights.  The rhythm may aid in putting the drivers to sleep. More accidents waiting to happen.

Modifying of any factory installed lighting including these added lights and strobing effects should be totally banned.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

“Such modifications go against the 1979 Vehicle Act, which stipulates a maximum penalty of Bt2,000 if the vehicle’s equipment fails to meet legal requirements. It also violates the 1979 Land Transport Act, which stipulates a maximum penalty of Bt50,000 for adding objects to vehicles that can harm other people’s physical or mental health,” she added.

Meanwhile you can drive around with faulty or no lights with impunity.

24 minutes ago, petermach said:

What about motorbikes with no light at the rear and sometimes red front light. And more generaly all the motorbike trackicked which are very dangerous and make a lot of nuisance with their exhausted pipes should be confiscated.

An ex TGF told me that the red headlight and lack of tail light is to confuse the ghosts.  Don't want them following you home do you!

Stupidity knows no bounds!

As for the modified exhausts, this problem seems to be getting worse where I live on Pattaya Dark Side.  Confiscate and crush is what should happen - but never will!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, bdenner said:

Then we these idiots converting the head light to RED and tail light to white (with the strongest possible light globe).

Red Head Light.JPG

Yes I have seen motorbikes with red headlights.

Cars with flashing blue and red lights just below their headlights.

A car with one green and one red headlight (probably thought he was at sea)

......................... and hundreds of motorbikes without lights!

The police should stop all this now before it is completely out of control.

On 11/24/2020 at 3:06 PM, JonnyF said:

Good.

For people who modify their rear lights to be white instead of red, double it. The stupidity of that beggars belief. 

Only beaten by red headlights !