1st class service from the guys and gals at Nonthaburi Immigration Office

First visit to Nonthaburi office and I was very impressed with the efficiency and politeness of the staff.

We were in and out within the hour.

The only slight caveat is that a home visit is penciled in for next Monday morning.

Never had one before but after what I have read from previous accounts it seems pretty routine.

Keep up the fine work, Nonthaburi! :thumbsup:

Just now, oobar said:

Interesting.  In many years of the past, Nonthaburi immigration was the horror of horrors.

that is also what I have heard down the years..

Granted I have yet to received my extension pending the home visit but so far no major problems :thumbsup:

1 hour!!!! You just set a record I reckon. Were you there first thing in the morning at the front of the queue?

Having been attending Nonthaburi office for the last 5 or 6 years I would say it is very much down to luck with who you get assessing your paperwork. If you get a friendly auntie or uncle type officer happy days... if its a stone faced newbie trying to make a name for themselves... strap in for a long and bumpy ride!!!

12 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan said:

could you elaborate a bit on this mate?

For future reference it would be handy :thumbsup:

Yeah sure.

I've had similar experiences to you where the process is smooth and quick (not as quick as 1 hour but still fairly quick) and this has been down largely to the officer. But on a couple of other occassions (even though I have provided the same paperwork etc...) I have had much worse experiences with the officer simply looking for reasons to send me away and return with new documents/copies/photos. I learnt my lesson pretty fast and just a few months ago when I did my extension I had a new guy who really wanted to make it difficult for me.

Instead of the standard 4 photos on A4 he requested 8 photos on 2 sheets of A4. Luckily I had them with me. Then he asked for photocopies of my full bank book going back 6 months (even though I had supplied the last 2 months as needed). Once again, I had that with me and presented it to him on the spot. My general impression was that he really just wanted an excuse to send me away just because he felt like it. He then got his calculator out and started doing all sorts of sums with my bank balance and then went away to talk to his superior about something. In the end he reluctantly processed my paperwork. If i had not had this extra paperwork he would have told me to go away and return. And in the past when I wasn't so well prepared I did get sent away (even though I had met all the requirements).

What I am trying to say is - it won't always be so straight forward and easy. Just be prepared!

9 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

Yeah sure.

I've had similar experiences to you where the process is smooth and quick (not as quick as 1 hour but still fairly quick) and this has been down largely to the officer. But on a couple of other occassions (even though I have provided the same paperwork etc...) I have had much worse experiences with the officer simply looking for reasons to send me away and return with new documents/copies/photos. I learnt my lesson pretty fast and just a few months ago when I did my extension I had a new guy who really wanted to make it difficult for me.

Instead of the standard 4 photos on A4 he requested 8 photos on 2 sheets of A4. Luckily I had them with me. Then he asked for photocopies of my full bank book going back 6 months (even though I had supplied the last 2 months as needed). Once again, I had that with me and presented it to him on the spot. My general impression was that he really just wanted an excuse to send me away just because he felt like it. He then got his calculator out and started doing all sorts of sums with my bank balance and then went away to talk to his superior about something. In the end he reluctantly processed my paperwork. If i had not had this extra paperwork he would have told me to go away and return. And in the past when I wasn't so well prepared I did get sent away (even though I had met all the requirements).

What I am trying to say is - it won't always be so straight forward and easy. Just be prepared!

that's the thing isn't it?

How does one be prepared when ones doesn't know exactly what they require on that particular day?

I can be prepared to be sent away and come back though.

I live pretty close to the office so not a big deal if they start being funny.

33 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

Yeah sure.

The new office is much better than the old one. I have not been queue jumped by agents with boxes of passports yet like used to happen at the old office. There is a young captain and an older female sergeant major who are both very helpful and easy going. The only trouble at the new office was when it first opened and an aggressive and foul mouthed motorcycle taxi rider thought he was going to tell people where  they could and could not park in the car park.

In reference to OP. and Green Monkey...

This paperwork fiasco, needs to stop now. Not so much a big tree hugger.....but enough is enough.

January I renew my yearly retirement.

Im going in with a passport, a USD travel memory stick, and a Thai Bank debit card. 

They have the means and employ digital at all the boarder crossings now. All the Airports, and all the Seaports..... Im bringing the "new normal" to Chiang Wattana, this January

if need be its time to exercise the E-commerce, transparency and responsibility of this government to acknowledge that Expats. Retirees and International business people deserve better service and expedited service.

People who are visiting is one thing, people who have a house book, property, or are married is another. Lets bring about the change; NEXT YEAR!

Its time to question Authority, be heard, and bring about positive change for all who reside here. 

Sincerely.

2 hours ago, Bradmeister said:

In reference to OP. and Green Monkey...

This paperwork fiasco, needs to stop now. Not so much a big tree hugger.....but enough is enough.

January I renew my yearly retirement.

Im going in with a passport, a USD travel memory stick, and a Thai Bank debit card. 

They have the means and employ digital at all the boarder crossings now. All the Airports, and all the Seaports..... Im bringing the "new normal" to Chiang Wattana, this January

if need be its time to exercise the E-commerce, transparency and responsibility of this government to acknowledge that Expats. Retirees and International business people deserve better service and expedited service.

People who are visiting is one thing, people who have a house book, property, or are married is another. Lets bring about the change; NEXT YEAR!

Its time to question Authority, be heard, and bring about positive change for all who reside here. 

Sincerely.

Good luck with plan "A" and I will keep a space open for you in the Philippines after they deport you, ha ha ha ha ha 

2 hours ago, Bradmeister said:

Whereas your home country, on the other hand, is worthy of praise to the very highest heavens as being the best thing since sliced bread on account of the paperwork fiasco to which it no doubt subjects Thais who have the temerity to want to darken its doors in submitting their visa applications, right?

Glad to hear they're helpful. I've dealt with Ayutthaya office several times - tourist visa extension, changing to non "o" retirement, extension of non "o", initial 90 day reporting etc. - and I've always had helpful, friendly and efficient service. 

Archived