No narcotics in Thailand's ‘biggest ever drug haul’ – only cleaning agent

webfact

3 hours ago, DLock said:

...and you trust these clowns with a vaccine?

I trust them more than anyone, anywhere, in any country to make bags of ketamine disappear in a cloud of confusion without a trace forever.  Every time.

The Saudi tried for 20 years and failed to find any trace of their stolen crown jewels.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Agreed however when the same posters post the same thing over and over again you have to wonder about them

As soon as a new topic is posted it's the same posters making the same comments on every posts - it's like they sit there waiting for a new story just so they can post on it - for some reason they think their comments  are funny however they are just boringly dull

That's why they invented the 'block' function. ????  (I say this only once ...)

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DLock said:

But I bet a few company executives are feeling a little better tonight.

I don't trust them to anything properly, and that is a result of personal and business experience over 30 years here. 

They are great for a laugh though, but attempting to take this place and the people seriously will drive you to an early grave.

• Like 2

My first thoughts when I read about this bust was how long before it all mysteriously disappeared.  Now Im wondering was I right and its been switched.  If it was drugs initially, it was a very, very big deal needing very, very big people and the very very big people in Thailand are.............................?

Edited by ThaiFelix

Is it possible that this could be a smoke and mirrors job. Big Boss very unhappy that his 'chemicals' had been discovered. So insisted that they be re-described as a cleaning agent. Bit of a face loss for some but probably well rewarded ????  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DLock said:

But I bet a few company executives are feeling a little better tonight.

So stupid! Like the people that ordered and pulled off this raid have anything to do with the people that develop the covid vaccine! 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, darrendsd said:

You think posting the same boring predictable comments over and over again on different posts is enjoying your life?

I like to vary my comments, brightens my day & keeps trolls at bay.

Sounds almost poetic, na darren, na?

????

• Haha 1

Oh, it was probably real.  You can't resell evidence though.  So what happens?  Evidence never existed.

Also, didn't they just pass law that gov can sell these drugs legally?

Funny, inventory is now full.

Now...on to making some $$ with the  now legal goods haha

Edited by Dart12

17 hours ago, webfact said:

No narcotics in Thailand's ‘biggest ever drug haul’ – only cleaning agent

By The Nation

640_ai8ck7heiidg9kccfba7c.jpg

File photo

Justice Minister Somsak Thepsutin has admitted that the chemical seized in what was initially billed as the biggest drugs haul in Thailand’s history is not ketamine, but a harmless cleaning agent.

Somsak explained on Tuesday that when the first test was carried out on 11.5 tonnes of the white powder, it turned the reagent purple – a match for ketamine. But after testing again, the substance was found to be trisodium phosphate, a cleaning agent and food additive which also turns the testing reagent purple.

The mistake was caused by an error in the scientific process, he added.

The seizure made worldwide headlines on November 12 when officials including Somsak announced they had made the largest drugs bust in Thai history. The chemical was found inside 475 sacks piled in a warehouse in Chachoengsao and was said to be worth Bt28.7 billion.

The raid on the warehouse in the eastern province followed a tip-off from officials in Taiwan, who told the Narcotics Control Board they had seized 300 kilos of ketamine, but more was on its way to Thailand. The Thai shipment was seized and tested, with the results checked by scientists from the Justice Ministry and the Forensic Department before the “haul” was announced to the press.

However, subsequent tests on 59 of the sacks showed no ketamine was present. The Justice Ministry said the remaining 406 sacks will now be examined by the NBC, Forensic Science police, and Department of Medical Sciences, with test results due this week.

On Monday, lawyer and transparency activist Atchariya Ruengrattanapong accused Somsak of negligence over the 11.5-tonne seizure and asked the anti-corruption agency to look into the case.

Somsak insisted that he had not bullied anyone, adding that he had set up a working group to investigate what had gone wrong.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398505

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-24

Related story:

Thailand seizes nearly $1 billion worth of ketamine

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1191934-thailand-seizes-nearly-1-billion-worth-of-ketamine/

Wow, what can you say (that's not defaming 555).