Knee replacement surgery in and around Pattaya

misterangry

Can anybody give advice or experiences on Knee replacement surgery here in Pattaya/Thailand.

My left knee needs a replacement, so went to Bangkok Pattaya, x-ray etc, then they said would cost around 300k all in, so visited Prayathai (sorry for poor spelling) in Siracha, they said minimum 230k, plus fees to see the surgeon pre and after op.

Help.........

I had a mate who was looking to have this done many years ago. He said that Bangkok hospital in Rayong was substantially cheaper than Bangkok hospital in Pattaya. It might be worth giving them a call just to check.

(Sorry, no idea what the final outcome was as I moved and lost touch with him.)

6 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I had a mate who was looking to have this done many years ago. He said that Bangkok hospital in Rayong was substantially cheaper than Bangkok hospital in Pattaya. It might be worth giving them a call just to check.

(Sorry, no idea what the final outcome was as I moved and lost touch with him.)

Will give it go, thank you

Do what you want but I have been told Bumrungrad in BKK has been offering some lower prices for surgical procedures due to no medical tourists.  I have 2 friends in Pattaya who made the trip to Bangkok for your surgery and both were extremely pleased with the results.

My personal experience is that Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital is higher priced then others in Pattaya.

Cheaper is not always better but I think Bumrungrad has a good reputation and some of the best Doctors in Thailand. If it was me I would at least make a trip there to get a consult.  The bus one way is 116 b. ????

Good luck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, misterangry said:

Can anybody give advice or experiences on Knee replacement surgery here in Pattaya/Thailand.

My left knee needs a replacement, so went to Bangkok Pattaya, x-ray etc, then they said would cost around 300k all in, so visited Prayathai (sorry for poor spelling) in Siracha, they said minimum 230k, plus fees to see the surgeon pre and after op.

Help.........

Wherever you get it done check who pays for follow up treatment if it goes wrong- post op infection etc. Also, does the cost include post op physio etc. 

'Im  comparing your Knee relacement  costs with an operation i had recently ..

I needed a stent put into my right side  Cartoid artery  (Jugular), I had it done at Bumrungrad because there is not an experienced enough Surgeon in Pattaya, cost quoted was 500,000b , on checking out of the hospital 2 days later   600,000b  for unforseen problems they said..

So i think 300,000 b by comparison  its  not a bad price

• Like 2

I've tried to just answer about the hospital I heard of that was supposed to be good, but I've had a total knee replacement plus the knee-cap. 

You don't really want to stuff around with this operation and need the best surgeon and hospital. It's a huge operation. I'd go with the place Sheryl recommends and that's probably Bumrungrad. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:01 PM, bkk6060 said:

Do what you want but I have been told Bumrungrad in BKK has been offering some lower prices for surgical procedures due to no medical tourists.  I have 2 friends in Pattaya who made the trip to Bangkok for your surgery and both were extremely pleased with the results.

My personal experience is that Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital is higher priced then others in Pattaya.

Cheaper is not always better but I think Bumrungrad has a good reputation and some of the best Doctors in Thailand. If it was me I would at least make a trip there to get a consult.  The bus one way is 116 b. ????

Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, it is a good plan

I had a knee replacement done in South Africa. The knee cap was not done. I experienced pain from the other side of hell for a year and a half.

Orthopedic surgeon here at Bangkok Hospital Phuket found that I had broken the kneecap in half.

He did the repair and resurface of the knee cap and my international insurance paid all costs.

Three months after the pain from that op subsided, I was and still am pain free and the knee works well, besides the click-clack sound when I walk.

Good luck with your procedure and remember that cheap can be very costly in the end.

Edited by Inepto Cracy
deleted a number in the middle of a word.