60 Days covid 19 extension Phuket immigration

Went to Phuket immigration today and got the 60 Days covid extension. Or I got the under consideration stamp and was told to come back 1st of december for the final stamp. Everything went smoothly, except the waiting time was about 3 hours.

If you go Phuket immigration, go as Soon as possible. The queue numbers for tomorrow had already been given out, so if you go tomorrow you will get a number for thursday. But come early. If you go the afternoon, the numbers might already been given out.

I did not need embassy letter and people who brought embassy letters were told they dont need it.

I gave:

Tm7.

Affadevit.

Copy of passport page with personal data.

Copy of TM6.

Copy of last entey stamp.

Copy of current permit to stay stamp.

1 passport photo

17 hours ago, balsgaard said:

Went to Phuket immigration today and got the 60 Days covid extension. Or I got the under consideration stamp and was told to come back 1st of december for the final stamp. Everything went smoothly, except the waiting time was about 3 hours.

If you go Phuket immigration, go as Soon as possible. The queue numbers for tomorrow had already been given out, so if you go tomorrow you will get a number for thursday. But come early. If you go the afternoon, the numbers might already been given out.

I did not need embassy letter and people who brought embassy letters were told they dont need it.

I gave:

Tm7.

Affadevit.

Copy of passport page with personal data.

Copy of TM6.

Copy of last entey stamp.

Copy of current permit to stay stamp.

1 passport photo

You didnt give any money?

Thanks for the report @balsgaard

Do you know if the 60 day extension runs from when your current permission expires (say Nov 30), or from the date you apply? There has been previous reports saying that the 60 days start from the date you apply and you would lose days if you apply early.

Do you put down "60 days" in the TM7 form for duration and "COVID" for the reason?

When is the best time to go in the morning to ensure I get a queue number? I'm a long ways from Phuket Town and an expensive taxi ride away so don't want to have to go all the way there just to get a queue number for the next day. If the office is open at 8:30AM, should I be there at 8:30 or earlier? I assume you went to the main office in Phuket Town.

Planning to go tomorrow.

Thanks very much in advance!

6 hours ago, Fibonaqi said:

Thanks for the report @balsgaard

Do you know if the 60 day extension runs from when your current permission expires (say Nov 30), or from the date you apply? There has been previous reports saying that the 60 days start from the date you apply and you would lose days if you apply early.

Do you put down "60 days" in the TM7 form for duration and "COVID" for the reason?

When is the best time to go in the morning to ensure I get a queue number? I'm a long ways from Phuket Town and an expensive taxi ride away so don't want to have to go all the way there just to get a queue number for the next day. If the office is open at 8:30AM, should I be there at 8:30 or earlier? I assume you went to the main office in Phuket Town.

Planning to go tomorrow.

Thanks very much in advance!

I am not sure, since my last extension expired number 24 (the day I went to immigration). But I think it runs from the day you apply because the guy who gives the queue numbers and checks the documents and so on told every people to come back 1st of december to get the last 7 weeks.

I wrote 60 days on the TM7 and just wrote "covid 19" for the reason. And I only ticked "unable to get embassy letter" on the affadevit. That's .

It is best to go in the morning but I'm afraid that you can only get a number for the next day. It was like that yesterday and I assume it will only get worse with more people coming by immigration the following days. My guess is that if you come tomorrow morning you will get a queue number for friday. If you come tomorrow afternoon you might be unlucky if the numbers have already been given out.

I would be surprised if you can get a queue number for the same day you come.

I went to the immigration office in Phuket Town.

5 minutes ago, balsgaard said:

told every people to come back 1st of december to get the last 7 weeks

@balsgaardThanks for the tips. What did you mean by "to get the last 7 weeks"? 
I was planning on getting there before the office opens at 8:30AM either tomorrow or Friday, surely they can't tell you to come back the next day if you are among the early birds for the day. 

My stay runs out on Nov 30 and I certainly don't want to leave it till then at this rate. There is also a QueQ app for getting an online queue number. Saw it on the Phuket Immigration website. Did anyone use any kind of online queue ticket?

1 hour ago, Fibonaqi said:

I was planning on getting there before the office opens at 8:30AM either tomorrow or Friday, surely they can't tell you to come back the next day if you are among the early birds for the day. 

My stay runs out on Nov 30 and I certainly don't want to leave it till then at this rate. There is also a QueQ app for getting an online queue number. Saw it on the Phuket Immigration website. Did anyone use any kind of online queue ticket?

I dont know if people have used that. I didn't know about it.

I just think the information guy meant to get the last period of the 60 days. Many people feel that 4 weeks = 1 month, so if we get 60 days that is = 8 weeks. The under consideration stamp is 1 week and that means we have to get the last 7 weeks stamped in when we come back.

1 hour ago, Fibonaqi said:

I see there is a report that you are only getting a 7 week stamp from the under consideration date which is one week from the date of application, so 1+ 7 weeks = 8 weeks or 56 days in total, not the full 60 days?

2 minutes ago, Fibonaqi said:

I see there is a report that you are only getting a 7 week stamp from the under consideration date which is one week from the date of application, so 1+ 7 weeks = 8 weeks or 56 days in total, not the full 60 days?

I wouldn't take it so litterally ???? I just think the guy says 7 weeks in stead of 7,5 weeks.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:36 PM, balsgaard said:

Sorry, I paid the usual 1900 baht of course ????

Covid 19 extension hasn't been around that long so I for example didn't know what it is, what it costs and what is needed. Thanks for the info.

Archived