About 900,000 university graduates are likely to be jobless

snoop1130

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

I'm also aware that many Thai and foreign companies (many Japanese) are very unhappy with the commitment, attitude performance of many new young graduates. Examples: 'can't converse/discuss (not meaning language issues)', 'explain the work several times and still mistakes in process/result', 'Late again, you've been warned about this many times', 'but it's not fair the traffic is so bad / my mum said it's OK' and more, 'Why are you using your mobile phone, you've ben told before you must leave your phone in your locker, you cannot bring your phone to your workplace. Do you see other employees around you using mobile phones?' 'But I have to update my fb page and I can listen to my friends on my phone and listen to you at the same time' ' But it's OK because I can listen to my friends and use a keyboard at the same time to do my work'. 'I did the work you gave me, so I won't to go home now.' "no cannot go home, you start work at 8.30 and finish at 5.00 pm then you can go home, it's all in your your employment contract', 'Have you read your employment contracts carefully?' 'No, I don't like reading documents, you can ask my dad'. 'Why did you change to a desk on the next floor?' 'Because I discovered my old friend is working on this floor so I moved here.' 'Did you ask your supervisor first?' 'No because I'm a graduate so it's up to me'. 'Why didn't you put the completed documents on my (supervisors) desk?' 'I'm a graduate so you don't need to check my work. And many many more...

Companies regularly complain to universities that 'graduates are not ready to work.' Many unis raise this with Thai professors, who mostly don't listen 'not my responsibility', Many farang pofessors try to talk to their students about this and explain 'working is not like going to school or to uni'. Many professors give up when they realize that the students are absolutely not listening and not going to ever listen. 

The Rajabhat graduates, together with the technical college ones have one in common. 

The Majority can't speak English after 16 years, or more studying it.

A Germish guy in Bangkok is looking for an English speaking cashier for his restaurant, but nobody seems to be interested.

Starting salary is 15 K, but it will be increased if the person does a good job, it comes with social security and two free meals.

Better than doing nothing, methinks. And some of these wannabe stunners are seeking the right guy who can buy her all.

No difference to prostitution in my opinion. 

Edited by teacherclaire