Government Prepares Many More Economic Stimulus Measures: PM

snoop1130

Government Prepares Many More Economic Stimulus Measures: PM

PM-4.jpg

BANGKOK, Nov 24 (TNA) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha advised people to monitor news releases from the government closely because it would introduce many more economic stimulus measures for their benefits.

Gen Prayut wrote in his Facebook page that as Thailand was effectively controlling COVID-19, it was time to solve people’s economic problems and support national economy.

“This morning I met the deputy prime minister supervising economic affairs and the finance minister to discuss new measures to build on many projects that have received warm welcome including the co-payment scheme, the ‘Shop and Payback’ tax rebate scheme and the ‘We Travel Together’ program. Please closely monitor news from the government so that you all will have access to the welfare,” the prime minister wrote.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-589373

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-11-24

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Gen Prayut wrote in his Facebook page that as Thailand was effectively controlling COVID-19, it was time to solve people’s economic problems and support national economy.

What other economy is there?    The best way to solve the problem is to get out of the people's way.  All the junta did over the years was to control as much as it could.   I guess they will just print more money and hand it out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These are tough times which are causing many prime ministers and presidents around the world sleepless nights. I don't envy them one iota. 

What I'd like to know is where is all this money for stimulus plans coming from? Or more worryingly, how much longer can they continue to stimulate economies? 

Edited by djayz

2 hours ago, YetAnother said:

purist thai logic????

Yes, much better than the government furloughing everyone to not go to work like in some countries.

The We Travel Together program has been very popular. Last weekend the large resort near me was booked out for the second weekend in a row. 
People get a cheaper holiday, staff get a job and surrounding restaurants, bars, coffee shops get customers. Win win.
Very well targeted to help the tourist businesses and workers who have suffered the most.

Many countries have bodies piling up as well as borrowing mountains of debt to pay for misguided stimulus packages that will take decades to repay. 
Thai logic has largely avoided both.

• Like 1