How to identify if a bike has ABS

stament

How can you easily identify if a bike has ABS if it doesn't have a sticker on it saying that lol.

The front discs that some bikes have look similar to me and then there is the combi braking system such as that on the Click. Is anyone able to share the differences in the form of photos.

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, pseudorabies said:

I'm not sure how it is on smaller motorbikes but on motorcycles there is usually a smaller, slotted disc (partially highlighted in yellow) inside of the brake disc.  Mounted above the smaller slotted disc is usually a sensor that measures rotation of the wheel (circled in red). 

You might be able to tell from the VIN as well.

image.png.bb9a2119ef3dfbe0e7e9a9163d26978a.png

Yep, it's the same on smaller bikes too. My Yamaha Aerox looks very similar.

A word of caution though. Some smaller bikes, notable Yamaha, are fitted with the disk, but do not actually have ABS. This probably due to a manufacturing expediency issue.

So if the bike you're looking at has the disk, look a little deeper to make sure it has the full kit. The ABS logo is usually a good giveaway.

The combi braking on the Click is not related to ABS in any way. I know 'cause I've got both a Click and an Aerox.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The combi braking on the Click is not related to ABS in any way. I know 'cause I've got both a Click and an Aerox.

I know the difference in terms of what they do, just not how to spot the differences if you see what I mean.  I understand only the top model Aerox has ABS fitted, presumably it's easy to identify based on what has been described on the aforementioned posts.

Thanks 

• Thanks 1

As far as I know most bikes with ABS also have an ABS light on the dash somewhere that lights up after engine switch is turned on. Then after the bike moves past around 5-10kph the light goes off...

If you don't have access to the bike (for sale) sometimes you can see this on photos of the dash they may put on...(and the slotted ring inside of brake disk as others mentioned).

• Like 1