Insurance Start Date and Fly Off Date

Anyone knows if the insurance start date and the arrival date in Thailand has to be exactly the same?

Thinking of getting the Special Tourist Visa (for 270 days) but my insurance coverage will be for 1 year (e.g. 15 Dec 2020 to 15 Dec 2021) so am thinking of starting the insurance coverage earlier than the arrival date in Thailand by a month (e.g. Jan 10). 

This is because the Thai insurance agency requires the application to be only submitted 2- 3 weeks before the insurance commencement date and the embassy requires at least 10 business days (3 weeks to be safe) before the intended arrival date in Thailand.

Which insurance company are you using ? I asked a Thai insurance broker who was recommended on Thai visa and they sent me two options for a 90 day cover and a yearly cover. They said Axa covered from day one for Covid cover but a few days ago a poster said they noticed in small print that Axa did not cover till 14 days after arrival. This has put me off using them , so instead I will use the option available on the Thai embassy website as it was practically the same cost and I would assume would start from day one . Although you never know ????????

Archived