Jump to content

Thai govt kickstarts education scheme to upskill e-vehicle workforce


Recommended Posts

Govt kickstarts education scheme to upskill e-vehicle workforce

By The Nation

 

800_9964d272302e62e.jpg?v=1606221783

 

The ministries of Industry and of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation have joined with the Vocational Education Commission to produce skilled personnel for Thailand’s next-generation automotive industry.

 

The three agencies will collaborate to develop courses and activities for both students and teachers in order to upskill the workforce.

 

The Higher Education Ministry will also work with the sector to survey demand for personnel. The findings will be used to plan education strategies for universities and related institutes.

 

Higher Education Ministry permanent secretary Sirirurg Songsivilai said that the next generation automotive sector, especially the electric-vehicle sector, demands workers with different skillsets from those in the conventional vehicle industry. 

 

He added that the next generation automotive sector would need an estimated additional 10,000 workers.

 

The three partners will also promote the production of e-motorcycles, capitalising on R&D networks to support their projects.

 

National Science and Technology Development Agency president Narong Sirilertworakul said that Thailand should focus on production of e-motorcycles, e-buses, and e-boats, where the country already has expertise. Thailand can tap the world market with its own brands of these products, he added.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30398515

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-25
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand should focus on production of e-motorcycles, e-buses, and e-boats

The only thing missing are e-motors and e-batteries.   China seems to have locked up Lithium battery production.  Not sure what motors are made in Thailand.   Sounds like a lot of hot air.  To put the hot air to good use, they may want to start converting some conventional buses now.  Get high school kids to build hybrids.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, webfact said:

The ministries of Industry and of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation have joined with the Vocational Education Commission to produce skilled personnel for Thailand’s next-generation automotive industry.

Jeez... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, webfact said:

National Science and Technology Development Agency president Narong Sirilertworakul said that Thailand should focus on production of e-motorcycles, e-buses, and e-boats, where the country already has expertise. Thailand can tap the world market with its own brands of these products, he added.

 

Baby laughing.gif

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good plan; keeping an eye on future demand and trying to train their workforce to match that demand.

 

My doubts have mostly to do with the government needing to be involved. They are notoriously slow, corrupt, and detached from reality. Why not let some of those big car producers, who are already in Thailand, open vocational schools for students to train them and give them employment afterwards? I have more trust in Toyota or Honda training people than a government agency deciding what Toyota and Honda want from their employees 10 years from now and basing their curriculum on that. The government can stimulate this by offering tax incentives.

 

After a first year of letting new students in these vocational schools can give feedback which skills should be further developed in high school and middle school to better match demand. Because now these bright minds in government seem to have forgotten to include employers in their task force.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

Good plan; keeping an eye on future demand and trying to train their workforce to match that demand.

 

My doubts have mostly to do with the government needing to be involved. They are notoriously slow, corrupt, and detached from reality. Why not let some of those big car producers, who are already in Thailand, open vocational schools for students to train them and give them employment afterwards? I have more trust in Toyota or Honda training people than a government agency deciding what Toyota and Honda want from their employees 10 years from now and basing their curriculum on that. The government can stimulate this by offering tax incentives.

 

After a first year of letting new students in these vocational schools can give feedback which skills should be further developed in high school and middle school to better match demand. Because now these bright minds in government seem to have forgotten to include employers in their task force.

Good Post Bob 12345

And only Yesterday my Daughter returned from Her School, and was upset that all the " Club " subjects have been cut that she has partaken of for the last 3 Years..

' Club " being like a free to choose and partake subject ( explainer )

So instead of progressing with A.I. and Robotics as she has been , the most Technically advanced Club available to Her is Video Editing, or Thai Art.

I spent some time in a Vocational College in the UK training Mechanical Engineering Apprentices, and the ONLY way forward for Thailand is to allow the larger Companies, such as those named in the previous post to open Vocational Schools.

Not just for their own Employee,s but also for the Companies that decide to Train properly, to also enroll their students into the Schools.

Training will be offered in these Schools to the highest standards, and will not just benefit the Companies involved, but the whole nation.

I should have stated that my Daughters School is right next to one of the Largest Industrial Estates on the Eastern Seaboard.

Edited by Cake Monster
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...