'America is back,' Biden says, as he dumps Trump's foreign policy approach

webfact

So to put maybe somewhat muddled response, which might be reflective of the general US populous.

I am relieved that the Trump era is at an end, and hopefully the adults will be back in charge.

On the flip side, what the Trump chaos has demonstrated is how fragile the Western world is without the US at the helm.

It may at the end of the day jump started many countries, especially in NATO to recognize they do have to step up and contribute their fair share to collective defense.

On the other side of the coin, hopefully after this whole awful four years, Biden will be able to cobble together a more coherent response to China with our allies.

China is a real threat to all democracies, and if I were Biden that would be my #1 foreign policy issue , rather than the buckshot approach of the Trump administration.

Either way, the world has changed thanks to Trump, history will tell us if it's for better or worse

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GinBoy2 said:

It may at the end of the day jump started many countries, especially in NATO to recognize they do have to step up and contribute their fair share to collective defense.

Who is the enemy? 

Which country or region should all those fighter jets and tanks "defend". And what are the nukes for?

Cyber defense makes a lot of sense these days. Same as working together peacefully with the rest of the world.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's not forget that about 70,000,000 American's supported what Trump did and they wanted (at least) 4 more years of the same. That will be a massive problem for Biden because those 70 million won't change their mind only because Biden tries to do a good job.

Some of those who voted for Trump will never change their mind, ever. It won't matter how much money is in their pocket or what the mood in the country is. However some will change their mind and added to the 80 million that voted for Biden, will help close the gap between both sides. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Who is the enemy? 

Which country or region should all those fighter jets and tanks "defend". And what are the nukes for?

Cyber defense makes a lot of sense these days. Same as working together peacefully with the rest of the world.

I would agree.

Defense these days doesn't mean just tanks, guns and airplanes.

It's much more complicated, but projection of power is certainly part of holding back enemies.

To use Taiwan as an example. There is no doubt in my mind, as well as most military analysts, without the US Navy China would have long ago invaded Taiwan.

Peace can be maintained sometimes by threatening a big stick, but without the theatrics of a TV Reality POTUS

Unlike the past few years where twitter and bluster have been the MO, I hark back to an earlier time and Teddy Roosevelt, a hero of mine, who said; "speak softly and carry a big stick"

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Same as trump, accusation, but unsupported; accordingly how about some factual  backup to your claims?

Facts, who needs fact?

Just check all the conspiracy theories from QAnon. I am sure at least one will fit. And if not, no problem, they will make up a new one within hours. ???? 

• Like 1