'America is back,' Biden says, as he dumps Trump's foreign policy approach

webfact

16 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I tend to think that Trump won't run in 2024.  He'll be 4 years older and frankly, Trump didn't seem like he really enjoyed the job much.  Sure he enjoyed being the center of attention and having all that power.  But the policy stuff, the actual governing....not his cup of tea.  But you can never tell what's going on in that crazy brain of his.  Like right now, Trump knows darn well he's lost.  But he won't concede because he's still raising money off of this "Stop the Steal" nonsense.  So maybe he'll start his own far right network and grab all the attention by saying that he'll run.  Then when 2024 comes around, he'll back out.  Trump knows he has a huge following and knowing how he only cares about himself, he'll figure out a way to monetize all that adulation.  He never cared much about his supporters beyond what he can get out of them. 

I totally agree.

He won't run again. 

But he may hold the possibility of running again to keep in power in the republican party.

If he runs again he would probably be a two time loser. He can't even handle being a one time loser.

But there are so many unknowables at this point.

Such as his health and whether he will be convicted and sent to prison. 

Or he might just dissappear in shame of being a loser and or leave the country to evade prosecution.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. CNN needs Trump for their ratings, IMO. Doesn't matter if they don't show part of his speeches as any publicity is good publicity and especially if it's free. He just needs to keep in the public eye and bring every error Biden makes to the attention of the voters till 2024.

Here's the thing tough, he won't be allowed a cell phone in jail so tweeting will not be an option.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed. Had Trump done the right thing and fired Sessions when he recused himself all that chaos would have been avoided and probably Trump would have easily won this time. 

I really don't see how firing Sessions would have had an impact on his deadly mishandling of the Covid pandemic.

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Here's the thing tough, he won't be allowed a cell phone in jail so tweeting will not be an option.

If he continues to tweet incendiary violence promoting garbage as he has as potus Twitter will ban him anyway just as they would to any private citizen.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I tend to think that Trump won't run in 2024.  He'll be 4 years older and frankly, Trump didn't seem like he really enjoyed the job much.  Sure he enjoyed being the center of attention and having all that power.  But the policy stuff, the actual governing....not his cup of tea.  But you can never tell what's going on in that crazy brain of his.  Like right now, Trump knows darn well he's lost.  But he won't concede because he's still raising money off of this "Stop the Steal" nonsense.  So maybe he'll start his own far right network and grab all the attention by saying that he'll run.  Then when 2024 comes around, he'll back out.  Trump knows he has a huge following and knowing how he only cares about himself, he'll figure out a way to monetize all that adulation.  He never cared much about his supporters beyond what he can get out of them. 

Will not surprise me at all if Trump never concedes and starts his election campaign for 2024 the day after Biden takes the oath, using the election to garner supporters.

IMO whatever Biden does, Trump will be there shouting at him. Normally ex presidents stay out of it once retired, but IMO Trump will regard it as a second term with a four year break. He has a plan and he'd like to see it through, IMO.

Any GOP member of congress up for re election in 2022 will know that if they go against Trump they are likely to be replaced, IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I totally agree.

He won't run again. 

But he may hold the possibility of running again to keep in power in the republican party.

If he runs again he would probably be a two time loser. He can't even handle being a one time loser.

But there are so many unknowables at this point.

Such as his health and whether he will be convicted and sent to prison. 

Or he might just dissappear in shame of being a loser and or leave the country to evade prosecution.

IMO he'll be waiting to take revenge in 2022, 2024 against all those GOP politicians that came out against him when they thought he was finished. His base are, no doubt in my mind, willing to vote them out. Many think that the election was stolen and IMO think some GOP politicians colluded, and they will be looking for payback, IMO.

Even if he is in jail it's not going to stop him communicating, so don't, IMO, hold out for that to stop him.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Iran is a prime example.

The world seems to be unable to do something against the will of the US president. Even if a huge part of the world agreed to work with Iran and not against them.

I don't think the world needs US leadership. But we need US cooperation. 

Think Iran is a bad example, world were doing fine until Trump screwed it up. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Why weren't the Russians stopped?  It was illegal.  

Ukraine is not a NATO member and under its treaty NATO can't intervene directly.

Yes all the people.   Trump got 7 million more votes this election than the last election, many coming from minorities.     Biden may get a pass from the media, but others will be watching him very closely when it comes to current US wars,  Hong Kong/Taiwan/China and the economy. 

Trump did surprised but he still lost. Most battleground states have certified Biden and Trump's lawsuits are fading fast. I don't think Biden will wavered much on tough stance against China. As for the economy, seem Wall Street gave a resounding confident to Biden's appointments.

I was referring to the Mueller report.   This is still a bitter memory.

The Muller Report did said that Trump committed crimes but can't be inducted because of his position. Might change after he leave office. 

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Apart from Russia, North Korea and every other tinpot dictator in the world. 

And where has he said he wants American supremacy? All I read is him saying America is "ready to lead again on the global stage'. That doesn't necessitate supremacy, just involvement. 

Leading means to be at the front, In front of everyone else , the best, supreme 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Leading means to be at the front, In front of everyone else , the best, supreme 

Leading may mean to be at the front but it doesn't neccessarily mean 'supremacy'. Supremacy is about being superior. Biden isn't talking about that at all and no amount of you trying to twist the meaning will change that.

su·prem·a·cy
1.the state or condition of being superior to all others in authority, power, or status.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Suggest ignore them. trump trolls have re-emerged after some days of reasonable posts. 

I have put most of them on ignore because their frequent far right lies and nonsense were so ridiculous one would have to be a sandwich short of a picnic (old English saying) to believe them. However they seem to resonate with others of that ilk!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO he'll be waiting to take revenge in 2022, 2024 against all those GOP politicians that came out against him when they thought he was finished. His base are, no doubt in my mind, willing to vote them out. Many think that the election was stolen and IMO think some GOP politicians colluded, and they will be looking for payback, IMO.

Even if he is in jail it's not going to stop him communicating, so don't, IMO, hold out for that to stop him.

Revenge against who? The vast, vast majority is still supporting him, and seem to be willing to support him to the grave.

29 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

As for the economy, seem Wall Street gave a resounding confident to Biden's appointments.

Half of Americans own stock in the US market.  What is good for Wall Street is not necessarily good for the other 45%.  Same stands true for Thailand wouldn't you say?  Does the SET help those who struggle to survive in Thailand?  

36 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The Muller Report did said that Trump committed crimes but can't be inducted because of his position. Might change after he leave office. 

Then why didn't they try to impeach based on the report?   Why will they go after him in court now, when they could have impeached him earlier?   They will indict him for cable news ratings and to keep him from running again.   Will that be persecution or prosecution?

We probably won't see the end of the ugliness for some time.  Don't see a kumbaya moment coming any time soon. 

• Like 1