Certificate of Residence (Bangkok)

Hi,

I need a CoR (for renewing a driving license) and have some questions on what to do, if anyone can help?

I looked at using my embassy (UK) but no appointments available this year. So now I have to use Imm. 

Do I need a 90 day report completed or just a visa that requires 90 day reports (I have O-A). I have just come back so not due for a 90 day report for a while yet. 

Do I go to CW or MTT?

This is my list of documents I have been able to come up with that may be needed (?):

• Two 4 cm x 6 cm passport photos 
  • Actual passport
  • Photocopy of the following passport pages: main photo page, visa page, TM.6 departure card (all pages must be signed)
  • Completed application form of Residence Certificate in Thailand. 
  • TM30 copy

Anything else (I don't have a lease or yellow/blue book but have unit deeds). ??

Thanks

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

Hi,

I need a CoR (for renewing a driving license) and have some questions on what to do, if anyone can help?

I looked at using my embassy (UK) but no appointments available this year. So now I have to use Imm. 

Do I need a 90 day report completed or just a visa that requires 90 day reports (I have O-A). I have just come back so not due for a 90 day report for a while yet. 

Do I go to CW or MTT?

This is my list of documents I have been able to come up with that may be needed (?):

• Two 4 cm x 6 cm passport photos 
  • Actual passport
  • Photocopy of the following passport pages: main photo page, visa page, TM.6 departure card (all pages must be signed)
  • Completed application form of Residence Certificate in Thailand. 
  • TM30 copy

Anything else (I don't have a lease or yellow/blue book but have unit deeds). ??

Thanks

I've seen these questions asked elsewhere.  From UbonJoe, you need the application for the certificate and would apply at MTT.

As for needing a 90 day report, that's what UbonJoe says is needed, but given that you don't have one yet...!

If things made sense, I'd say your O-A Visa with a date that shows you haven't needed to report and the TM-30 should be enough.  Or a lease.  Or something like that.  But... not everthing makes sense here!

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have never done a 90 day report to them they will not do them. When you get to the 15 days before your 90 day report is due you could do one and the certificate of residency at MTT (if still open then).

Thanks

That puts the kaibosh on me getting one from Imm then.

I am all out of ideas now.

37 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Thanks

That puts the kaibosh on me getting one from Imm then.

I am all out of ideas now.

I had similar problem. Lived in Thailand 8+ years and prior to covid had never stayed in los for more than 90 days. The Oz embassy does not provide certificate of residence.

Hence it was not until covid that I was able to attend MTT and do 90 day report. Then next desk to obtain RC. First thing they wanted was 90 report. All this was to obtain DL.

BTW I approached agents for DL such as fatboys bkk and was told no way around RC.

Obviously there exceptions. PR, etc

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I had similar problem. Lived in Thailand 8+ years and prior to covid had never stayed in los for more than 90 days. The Oz embassy does not provide certificate of residence.

Hence it was not until covid that I was able to attend MTT and do 90 day report. Then next desk to obtain RC. First thing they wanted was 90 report. All this was to obtain DL.

BTW I approached agents for DL such as fatboys bkk and was told no way around RC.

Obviously there exceptions. PR, etc

Thanks! Thats good to know. I am going to continue to watch the availability calender with the UK Embassy who have been very pleasantly helpful so far with my predicament.

Archived