Red Bull pays out €550m to founders, including family of drink's inventor

22 hours ago, techietraveller84 said:

Who knew inventing a drink could net that much cash? Never ceases to amaze me.

And surely there can't be much profit at only 10 baht a bottle.

Even more amazing is that 30 years ago it was only 10 baht back then too.

????

On 11/25/2020 at 11:25 AM, Oldie said:

I think he could have easily created his own chemical mixture with sugar and caffeine. Mateschitz is a marketing genius and would have sold this product too with great success. 

But he didn't make his own product and sell it with great success did he.  It would have been so easy just to "mix chemicals with sugar and caffeine" and market it with his genius......yet he didn't.  He took someone else's idea and marketed it (and that was very very clever and he became very very rich).

And you assume that all of their global marketing now has nothing to do with the Thais and it is all down to the foreigner(s).  1. How do you know this?  2.  You're wrong.

From all your posts in this thread it is obvious you cannot bear the thought that a Thai made something that people want and it can therefore only be successful because of a foreigner.

I have no argument that Meteschitz initially took it to the world but to take all the credit away from the inventor is unjustified and, let's face it, a little bit racist.

8 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

From all your posts in this thread it is obvious you cannot bear the thought that a Thai made something that people want and it can therefore only be successful because of a foreigner.

Do you actually know that the European red bull is a completely different product from the Thai version, and doesn't taste even nearly the same?

9 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I have no argument that Meteschitz initially took it to the world but to take all the credit away from the inventor is unjustified and, let's face it, a little bit racist.

I have nothing against Thais. And I don't care about Mateschitz. And I never drink Red Bull or other drinks like this. And on top of it I hate Formular 1 races. 

10 minutes ago, Susco said:

Do you actually know that the European red bull is a completely different product from the Thai version, and doesn't taste even nearly the same?

Yes, it was tweaked for European tastes when he took it to market there.  It has subsequently been tweaked for ingredients and taste for various different markets to suite tastes and regulations.  Just like many other products are - it is pretty standard.