any updates on chiang mai immigration office promenada mall?

On 11/25/2020 at 6:42 AM, maipenraime said:

anyone has any update with regards to renewing / extending tourist/covid visa for 30 or 60 days at CM office promenada without embassy letter?

Any recent experiences; please do share

thanks

they moved back to imm office  ..    

I went to office near airport today because I read that's where they were doing the covid extension.   I got there at 9:00 and was out in about 50 minutes.  I got a 60 day extension from today's date.  Good now until Jan. 25.  

I'm a Canadian and I used an email from the embassy which they sent to me saying they do not issue letters.  I also had a tm30.  All other forms are standard issue forms they give you upon arrival.  I am, was, on a tourist visa.  No questions asked.

As poster above me I also went CM airport office today but I went in the afternoon which was much busier so it took around 4 hours.

However I got my 30 days starting from end of month so the stamp is for Jan 29... 4 extra days go figure. So I'm happy with the way things have worked out for me on the end. A couple of days ago I was expecting to have to pay an agent 9000.

The documents needed were all the usual forms plus they took affidavit, old embassy letter from September AND email reply from British Embassy stating they no longer issue letters.

On 11/26/2020 at 1:59 AM, SteezyP said:

As poster above me I also went CM airport office today but I went in the afternoon which was much busier so it took around 4 hours.

However I got my 30 days starting from end of month so the stamp is for Jan 29... 4 extra days go figure. So I'm happy with the way things have worked out for me on the end. A couple of days ago I was expecting to have to pay an agent 9000.

The documents needed were all the usual forms plus they took affidavit, old embassy letter from September AND email reply from British Embassy stating they no longer issue letters.

How is your math? 30 days from 11/26 is January 29? Your calendar is missing December I think. You should buy a new one.

20 minutes ago, elgenon said:

How is your math? 30 days from 11/26 is January 29? Your calendar is missing December I think. You should buy a new one.

Oh haha, I missed that one, sorry for the confusion anyone who read that, I meant to type 60 days!

On 11/26/2020 at 10:41 AM, SAcanman said:

I went to office near airport today because I read that's where they were doing the covid extension.   I got there at 9:00 and was out in about 50 minutes.  I got a 60 day extension from today's date.  Good now until Jan. 25.  

I'm a Canadian and I used an email from the embassy which they sent to me saying they do not issue letters.  I also had a tm30.  All other forms are standard issue forms they give you upon arrival.  I am, was, on a tourist visa.  No questions asked.

By tourist visa, did you mean a tourist visa applied for and received before entering Thailand or the 30-day visa exempt issued when you entered the country?

Archived