Biden says UK border with Ireland must be open

webfact

Just now, polpott said:

Not in my mind. I wasn't a Brexiteer.

.....................so..........how can you claim to know what one thinks ?

What is your allegation based on ?

Was it written on a side of a bus or something .

Show something tangible to back up or allegation or you are indeed just playing the race card , making unfounded allegations 

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

How is your position getting weaker? By one of your main trading partners saying 'no trade agreement with us if you don't solve the Irish border issue some other way'. Something you're not willing to do.

You have missed the point completely probably because you're fighting past battles.Ww are all Brexiteers now and there is no going back.On the Irish issue we will just have to do our best to negotiate terms that meet all parties" requirements.

12 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So we cant have a border in Ireland and we cant have a border in the Irish sea.

Only solution is to remain in the EU's single market.

Ergo Johnson will have to accept all the EU's demands for allowing access. 

Will that include freedom of movement?

When you want to do business in any country, it has to be in accordance with the laws of that country. in case of a dispute, you go to a court in that country.

Unless... you made a trade agreement with that country.

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, the reality of Brexit was not to keep Black and Brown people out of the UK , that is something only in your mind .

I think it is your perception that is at odds with empirical evidence. 

Hate crimes soared by 41% after Brexit vote, official figures reveal

Not all brexiteers are racist, and not all racists are brexiteers, but the overlap is massive. Unscrupulous conmen like Farage were quite happy to hype their own innate racism to in order to exploit the masses of dull witted racists who swelled the ranks of the Brexit movement. Deny it all you like, but the facts speak for themselves - Brexit played on and utilised racist Brits. It wos the racists wot won it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

We dont have to do what Biden says , we are an independent Country and the USA do not Govern us 

Correct. You just can stay at your tiny isles.

But for TRADE and other exchanges... it might be Britannia to rule the waves around these isles, but a little outside... wise to listen to the big ones.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I think it is your perception that is at odds with empirical evidence. 

Hate crimes soared by 41% after Brexit vote, official figures reveal

Not all brexiteers are racist, and not all racists are brexiteers, but the overlap is massive. Unscrupulous conmen like Farage were quite happy to hype their own innate racism to in order to exploit the masses of dull witted racists who swelled the ranks of the Brexit movement. Deny it all you like, but the facts speak for themselves - Brexit played on and utilised racist Brits. It wos the racists wot won it.

The link that you posted states 

"A large part of this increase is driven by better police reporting and support systems giving victims the confidence to speak up and get help,” he added."

So, it was the ease of reporting crimes which was the reason for an increase and nothing to do with Brexit 

1 minute ago, puipuitom said:

Correct. You just can stay at your tiny isles.

But for TRADE and other exchanges... it might be Britannia to rule the waves around these isles, but a little outside... wise to listen to the big ones.

More like Britannia waives the rules ????

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

.....................so..........how can you claim to know what one thinks ?

What is your allegation based on ?

Was it written on a side of a bus or something .

Show something tangible to back up or allegation or you are indeed just playing the race card , making unfounded allegations 

Oh here we go again! As said before I have to show you rock all.

As it happens the majority of my friends were brexiteers. We talked.....in Witherspoons.

1 minute ago, polpott said:

As it happens the majority of my friends were brexiteers. We talked.....in Witherspoons.

That was your first mistake. Going into spoons ????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

That was your first mistake. Going into spoons ????

Most of my mates from my past are bikers. Whenever I return to the UK we arrange a meet. Spoonies, their choice. Brexit, their choice. Have to say though, I have become partial to a pint of draught HopHouse 13.

• Like 1

Just now, polpott said:

That just shows that you have racist friends.

A handful of your racist friends do not represent 17 000 000 people .

You must have some extremely dim friends , if they didnt know that Europe is predominantly White .

If one of my friends said something like that , I would unfriend them and walk out

11 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Nope, before we were in the E.U. and we got told what to do by them , now we are independent , we can make our own decisions  

in the E.U. and we got told what to do by them  ?   Nonsense.

the EU council, with the PM of the UK in it..

The EU commission, with in it the UK commissioner

The EU parliament, with UK members in it...

From 1 JAN 2021 00:00:01.. nobody inside these EU cremia defends British interests.

Advantage: you British can make your own decisions, but when that means: Schengen visa, international driver licence +_ insurances, WTO-treatment as being a "Third country".. or oh laughter.. all imports from European third countries via the port of Talinn... do not cry then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watso63 said:

Who cares what Biden thinks?

Maybe the 33 million Americans — 10.1% of the total population — identified as being Irish in the 2017 American Community Survey conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau.[1] This compares with a population of 6.9 million people on the island of Ireland. see Irish Americans - Wikipedia 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, polpott said:

Oh yes they do. They represent 17m extremely dim and racist Brexiteers.

Well I must be the bigger man. I would never fall out with my lifelong friends over a stupid argument about politics. Triumph vs Kawasaki maybe but not bloody politics.

I just couldnt talk to people with such limited intelligence , but as you think a handful of your friends representative of 17 million people , well , you probably wouldnt feel out of place talking with them 

12 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Biden pretending to be Irish again.

He should mind his own business. He has enough domestic problems without sticking his nose into other people's affairs. 

That's why... he needs the 33 million US citizens from Irish origin...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I just couldnt talk to people with such limited intelligence , but as you think a handful of your friends representative of 17 million people , well , you probably wouldnt feel out of place talking with them 

Starting with the personal insults now you have lost the argument? Typical of brexiteers on this forum. Here's one back at you, "Ficker than us".

Here's another one for you. I've had my IQ tested twice in my life, once at 16 and again at 55. Both returned the same result, 145. What's your IQ?

Edited by polpott
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

Starting with the personal insults now you have lost the argument? Typical of brexiteers on this forum. Here's one back at you, "Ficker than us".

No insults , just stating facts .

A handful of people do not represent the views of 17 million people , its ludicrous  to suggest that it does and if a person voted Brexit to "stop Black and Brown people entering the UK" , their intelligence levels are questionable 

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No insults , just stating facts .

A handful of people do not represent the views of 17 million people , its ludicrous  to suggest that it does and if a person voted Brexit to "stop Black and Brown people entering the UK" , their intelligence levels are questionable 

As are yours. Did you say what your IQ was?

Edited by polpott
  • Like 1

I am cionfused why all the Brexiteers are getting their knicker in a twist about the statement.  Don't they all want to honour the Good Friday Agreement?  And not have a border with Eire? 

I wonder how many are actually quite happy that Brexit may lead to NI leaving the UK and the island of Ireland becoming a single country.

PH

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phulublub said:

I am cionfused why all the Brexiteers are getting their knicker in a twist about the statement.  Don't they all want to honour the Good Friday Agreement?  And not have a border with Eire? 

I wonder how many are actually quite happy that Brexit may lead to NI leaving the UK and the island of Ireland becoming a single country.

PH

Its not the actual statement , I think most of us agree with the statement , I just think the UK and the EU should be left to sort it out ourselves and Biden shouldnt be getting involved at such a late stage , 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cmarshall said:

Absolutely correct.  You don't have to do what Biden says and you don't have to have a trade deal with the US.  

Amazing how many Leavers believed that Brexit means resurrecting the British Empire.

Rule Britannia, Britannia rule the waves.... around these tiny isles. Back to the glorious times of king Arthur

• Like 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Biden, who has talked about the importance of his Irish heritage, warned months ago as the Democratic candidate for the presidency that the UK must honor the 1998 agreement as it withdraws from the bloc or there can be no separate U.S. trade deal.

Wouldnt it be funny, if Trump signed a trade deal with the UK on his last day in office ????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Wouldnt it be funny, if Trump signed a trade deal with the UK on his last day in office ????

As probable as it not being his last day in office. And what's even less probably is that both houses of Congress would pass it as legislation.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2