Hi, 

i'm on a non o 3 month visa being married to a Thai i have asked your advice

before and it was very helpful the agency i work for doesn't think it will re-new

my contract and as i have worked in Vietnam for the last 3 years if borders are

open i could go back so when my non o is about to expire could i get another

3 month non o or get a family visit visa for 2 months then get another non o

visa which will take me till may or do i need to get a 1 year non o visa,

Regards,

Chris.

Due to the conditions at the this time you will find it very difficult to leave the country to get a new non-o visa at a embassy or consulate and re-enter the country.

You cannot apply for a non-o visa at immigration here unless you are on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

You can apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife or one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

To apply for the one year extension you will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

On 11/25/2020 at 9:53 AM, ubonjoe said:

Due to the conditions at the this time you will find it very difficult to leave the country to get a new non-o visa at a embassy or consulate and re-enter the country.

You cannot apply for a non-o visa at immigration here unless you are on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

You can apply for a 60 day extension of stay to visit your wife or one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

To apply for the one year extension you will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

If i get a extension of stay when that is about to to expire do you think

immigration would give me another 3 month non o, or are you only 

allowed 1 per year.

25 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

If i get a extension of stay when that is about to to expire do you think

immigration would give me another 3 month non o, or are you only 

allowed 1 per year.

You could only get another one year extension or a 60 day extension to visit your wife it you had not done one since entering the country.

It is not possible to get a non-o visa at immigration unless you entered the country visa exempt or using a tourist visa.

I got my non o  90 day visa as i was on the amnesty so 

i can't get another non o based on being married i have

to get a 1 year or 60 day extension which isn't long

enough, i thought being married they would 

issue another 90 non o,but my friend has just got

a non o of the family visit visa.

13 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

I got my non o  90 day visa as i was on the amnesty so 

i can't get another non o based on being married i have

to get a 1 year or 60 day extension which isn't long

enough, i thought being married they would 

issue another 90 non o,but my friend has just got

a non o of the family visit visa.

From your non o you can obtain an extension of 12 months based on marriage. Is that a problem. 

You could obtain another non o by exiting Thailand and re-entering. Clearly that's not an option. 

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

From your non o you can obtain an extension of 12 months based on marriage. Is that a problem. 

You could obtain another non o by exiting Thailand and re-entering. Clearly that's not an option. 

What about getting a family visit visa then in 60 days getting another 90 day non o 

based on marriage as that is what my friend has just done because you can't get a

12 month non o of a family visit so he got a 90 day one taht's what KK immigration

said to him, or are you limited to how many 90 days non o's you can have in a year??

just looking for options as i don't have 400,000bht in the bank.

24 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

What about getting a family visit visa then in 60 days getting another 90 day non o 

based on marriage as that is what my friend has just done because you can't get a

12 month non o of a family visit so he got a 90 day one taht's what KK immigration

said to him, or are you limited to how many 90 days non o's you can have in a year??

It seems that ongoing 60 day extensions may be available to all. Those that entered on ME marriage also those that entered visa exempt etc etc. 

50 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

Only one non-o visa can be applied for at immigration since it can only be done with a visa exempt or tourist visa entry. After getting a non-o visa he would not qualify for another one.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only one non-o visa can be applied for at immigration since it can only be done with a visa exempt or tourist visa entry. After getting a non-o visa he would not qualify for another one.

As i said in an earlier post my friend was on an amnesty like me i got a non o

he got a family visit visa and has now changed that to a non o i was just wondering

if i change to a family visit could i get another 90 day non o because immigration told

him he can't get a 1 year non o from a family visit visa he has to have a 90 day 1 first to

change into a 1 year.

11 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

As i said in an earlier post my friend was on an amnesty like me i got a non o

he got a family visit visa and has now changed that to a non o i was just wondering

if i change to a family visit could i get another 90 day non o because immigration told

him he can't get a 1 year non o from a family visit visa he has to have a 90 day 1 first to

change into a 1 year.

He an apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage after getting the non-o visa.

That is not the same as applying for another non-o visa.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He an apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage after getting the non-o visa.

That is not the same as applying for another non-o visa.

So i'm only allowed 1 non o 90 day which i have now if i go onto the

family visit visa after that they wouldn't issue me another 1 based on

going for a one year extension i'd have to leave the country.

1 minute ago, chris.m.s said:

So i'm only allowed 1 non o 90 day which i have now if i go onto the

family visit visa after that they wouldn't issue me another 1 based on

going for a one year extension i'd have to leave the country.

The one year extension is obtained inside Thailand. Think the advice above in several posts is clear. Obtain the annual extension at immigration which has financial requirements or apply for 60 day extensions due to covid situation. These are not extensions to visit wife/family. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The one year extension is obtained inside Thailand. Think the advice above in several posts is clear. Obtain the annual extension at immigration which has financial requirements or apply for 60 day extensions due to covid situation. These are not extensions to visit wife/family. 

Yes i understand i need to stay longer than 60 days and don't have the financial requirment 

in the bank because  so it looks like the other way to get a year visa even though i will only be 

here till may probably

2 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

Yes i understand i need to stay longer than 60 days and don't have the financial requirment 

in the bank because  so it looks like the other way to get a year visa even though i will only be 

here till may probably

The advice I have already given stands. 

You have 4 options. 

Obtain annual extension. Requires ~ 2+under months consideration period money in bank. You don't have the dosh.

2. Hope 60 day extensions will continue to be provided.

3. Use agent to obtain annual extension. Not cheap and perhaps beyond your means.

4. Return to home country. Impossible?

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The advice I have already given stands. 

You have 4 options. 

Obtain annual extension. Requires ~ 2+under months consideration period money in bank. You don't have the dosh.

2. Hope 60 day extensions will continue to be provided.

3. Use agent to obtain annual extension. Not cheap and perhaps beyond your means.

4. Return to home country. Impossible?

If i go for the 1 year extension do i need to provide the same documents as i 

did for my 90 day non o,photos,ampures new letter to say we are still married

marriage cert and and all the photo copys plus our i.d's and my passport and 

blue book or will the still be on record.

7 minutes ago, chris.m.s said:

If i go for the 1 year extension do i need to provide the same documents as i 

did for my 90 day non o,photos,ampures new letter to say we are still married

marriage cert and and all the photo copys plus our i.d's and my passport and 

blue book or will the still be on record.

Yep. Many threads re extension based on marriage.

Also need show money in bank for 2 months prior to application and maintain under consideration period.

Archived