"Waterfront Pattaya": A "never ending epic" but eyesore could soon be demolished

webfact

37 minutes ago, Darkside Gray said:

All well and good shouting for the eyesore to be demolished, what about the people who bought into the project and the developers, What reimbursement will they received for there losses from this about turn by the Government who approved this project then withdrew approvals, there is so much smell of corruption around this it is worse than the eyesore.

This is correct.....Don't anyone who posts here say they pulled a fast one on the government........The government was 100% ok each and every day with the Waterfront until the day they shut the project down...

But something needs to happen because the Waterfront stands as a national monument to remind dumb people not to buy OFF-PLAN......And.....Well......That's just simply bad for business...lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Darkside Gray said:

All well and good shouting for the eyesore to be demolished, what about the people who bought into the project and the developers, What reimbursement will they received for there losses from this about turn by the Government who approved this project then withdrew approvals, there is so much smell of corruption around this it is worse than the eyesore.

Any potential buyer should have realised that it was an antisocial monstrosity and built in the wrong place.

Up to me no compensation from the taxpayer. Owners can sue the council bureaucrat that approved the horrid thing and the developers.

1 hour ago, Darkside Gray said:

following the building requirements could have avoided this ..... for reimbursement..... nock on the developers  door ....they started & ruined it by taking risk of overbuilding  

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Just another foreigner rip off with many prepaying deposits and progress payments.....my guess is that no-one has been reimbursed a dime....this guy is a serious crook!

YEP!  And dumb farang keep buying in Thailand because the chang and cool aid they drink makes them believe it's an INVESTMENT....suckers!

Edited by mike787
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

So a Khunpluem approved of the building in 2008 before ordering a stop to construction in 2014 and its destruction in 2016. What's the odds on another Khunpluem winning the demolition tender?

Or no demolition tenders received so have decided to give ownership  to a mate and complete the build.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I thought "eyesore" was referring to the sewage plant by entrance to Walking Street. Instead just another thread about the building that will probably still be there in 10 years time, just more decrepit. Wonder if they'll fix the marina or that blue concrete park in front of it before then.

if you touch that marina, it will probably fall apart. Somalian pirates have better marinas than this. the blue concrete will go, once they implode the waterfront..dont worry

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

How can you see it when its gone. Are you Welsh? I got outside the pub and there was my bicycle 'gone'!

It's quite easy to see when its gone  as it will no longer be there to see.  ????

IMG_1295.thumb.JPG.919ae9d623faec0bd63c6f37dd43860c.JPG

Edited by johng

20 hours ago, redwood1 said:
On 11/25/2020 at 3:01 PM, Guderian said:

It's a shame that they can't find a compromise to chop off, say, ten or fifteen floors and then complete it. Such a huge waste of money, materials and effort, all that CO2 for nothing, poor Greta will be choking on her Surströmming, lol. But I guess in the time-honoured Thai way, there's more money to be made for the powers-that-be in demolishing it than there would be in completing it.

There is a massive huge pile of money to be made by completing the building.....Buy it for pennies on the dollar....Throw the previous condo buyers under the bus....Grease a few palms so its all legal....Re-sell all the condos again...Finish the work....Make a fortune.....

I think those that know construction will attest to the fact that the incomplete core structure being left open and unprotected since construction stopped means that a lot of that core structure is compromised. One does not simply slap some mortar over the rusty and broken bits and crack on with it.

But this being Thailand and all, there's not much to stop them doing that.

20 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I think those that know construction will attest to the fact that the incomplete core structure being left open and unprotected since construction stopped means that a lot of that core structure is compromised. One does not simply slap some mortar over the rusty and broken bits and crack on with it.

There is a building up in north Pattaya near the beach that was stopped building for years after the financial crash. Had a crane up on top. They completed it a while back.

21 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Unless you are called Northshore!!

Edited by LennyW

On 11/25/2020 at 7:45 AM, ChrisY1 said:

Just another foreigner rip off with many prepaying deposits and progress payments.....my guess is that no-one has been reimbursed a dime....this guy is a serious crook!

Which guy? 

Perhaps better to talk to the people running the scam pie in the sky project. You think the ex-mayor has the deposits?

I'm sure the organisers are sitting pretty in Israel or the USA right now.....with no intention of giving anything back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Which guy? 

Perhaps better to talk to the people running the scam pie in the sky project. You think the ex-mayor has the deposits?

I'm sure the organisers are sitting pretty in Israel or the USA right now.....with no intention of giving anything back.

He wouldn't have received any deposits, but for sure would have received some gratuity.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

He wouldn't have received any deposits, but for sure would have received some gratuity.  

You don't know that; but even if they did...so what?

They whole thing was a shambles. The marina, the landscaping, the design. They turned Bali Hai into what it is now. Horrible.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

You don't know that; but even if they did...so what?

They whole thing was a shambles. The marina, the landscaping, the design. They turned Bali Hai into what it is now. Horrible.

Indeed, they have the opposite of the golden touch. Everything they touch turns to <deleted>. Marina, Promenade, car park, blue concrete waste of space- all a disaster.

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed, they have the opposite of the golden touch. Everything they touch turns to <deleted>. Marina, Promenade, car park, blue concrete waste of space- all a disaster.

the little mom&pop resto next to the lighthouse was actually a much better design than all the ones you mention

• Thanks 1