"Waterfront Pattaya": A "never ending epic" but eyesore could soon be demolished

webfact

On 11/25/2020 at 10:58 AM, webfact said:

But Itthiphon Khunpluem - a former mayor - called a halt to building before it was finished citing planning regulations and a host of other legal matters. 

that's bunch of BS..The only reason former mayor halted the Waterfront was the demonstrations and the rising political pressure not because the building was wrongly built... and only after the stoppage an inspection was conducted, he found code violations which should have been spotted during the construction of the first a few floors, LONG before the building was topped off at 50th floor. If he had done that, you would not have an "eyesore" now.

He should be questioned and this matter should be investigated as to WHY A 50 FLOOR SKYSCRAPER  WAS NOT INSPECTED DURING CONSTRUCTION.. and it's even worse if the building WAS actually inspected during construction  and violations were DISCOVERED BUT CONCEALED OR COVERED UP.

PS: Enjoy the "eyesore" view AT LEAST another 20 years, guaranteed!!!..

Edited by pattayadude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

the little mom&pop resto next to the lighthouse was actually a much better design than all the ones you mention

That's because it wasn't planned in city hall. I used to love walking down to that place till they let the speedboats park along the road and they destroyed the promenade.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's because it wasn't planned in city hall. I used to love walking down to that place till they let the speedboats park along the road and they destroyed the promenade.

I am not even sure how the City hall plans ANYTHING and what body part(!) they used for the planning of the Marina, the blue concrete, the parking structures, the ugly pier and above all, allowing the 50 floor Waterfront. I know the body part but I won't mention. I can only say it's located in the back of the human body towards the center

• Thanks 1

Just now, pattayadude said:

I am not even sure how the City hall plans ANYTHING and what body part(!) they used for the planning of the Marina, the blue concrete, the parking structures, the ugly pier and above all, allowing the 50 floor Waterfront. I know the body part but I won't mention. I can only say it's located in the back of the human body towards the center

I sometimes wondered if they had competitions to see which bureaucrat could make the biggest disaster.

However, I think all those projects are undertaken for the usual reason and the actual construction/ practical side is done as cheaply as possible with the inevitable result.

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2020 at 7:26 AM, Eindhoven said:

You don't know that; but even if they did...so what?

The money here flows up the chain.  

As for "so what" it's the corruption here that allows such constructions and fraudulent property developers to flourish.  

On 11/28/2020 at 7:26 AM, Eindhoven said:

They whole thing was a shambles. The marina, the landscaping, the design. They turned Bali Hai into what it is now. Horrible.

Perhaps because people paid corrupt money to be able to build whatever they wanted in the area.